"RED, WHITE, and HEAVY" demo series

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

All good things come to an end, and so does RWH. Last two volumes to wrap the series are:

CRYPTIC AXE / ORDAINED FATE - Demo compilation CD

A power metal quartet (3 ladies and a dude) from Chicago area who cut some epic demos before changing their name to ORDAINED FATE in late 80s and releasing a couple of self-financed albums before fading away.

The demos were a LOT more raw and powerful than the albums. An amazing female-fronted epic power metal with Christian message for fans of ACID, early WARLOCK, POWERS COURT, CIRITH UNGOL, etc.

P.S. The cover-art shown above is from the back side of the booklet. The front cover is yet to be drawn.

Audio samples to be uploaded on our Bandcamp page shortly: http://stormspell.bandcamp.com/

FORGOTTEN DISCIPLE - Last Train to Heaven CD

Arcane 80s melodic heavy metal from Bay Area, featuring members from cult acts such as RELLIK, RAPID FIRE, HELLHOUND, TYTON, etc. Contains previously unreleased EP and demos from 1990-1991. Artwork by Marvel/DC Comic artist Bob McLeod

Audio samples to be uploaded on our Bandcamp page shortly: http://stormspell.bandcamp.com/
Last edited by Stormspell on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

The inevitable "when" question...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Herkus Monte wrote:The inevitable "when" question...
The usual "Soon" answer.

Seriously, I'm having a 17 new releases out next Tuesday, and things are just too hectic at the moment to figure out when. Hoping for X-mas, but its very tentative and maybe optimistic.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Audio samples added. Check them out and let me know what you think. Please disregard the audio quality and production - those are rough unmastered samples.

http://stormspell.bandcamp.com
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

I guess CHALICE never worked out, or did I miss that one?
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! We bow to thee!
GandALF wrote:
DISCIPLE - Last Train to Heaven CD
Arcane 80s melodic heavy metal from Bay Area, featuring members from cult acts such as RELLIK, RAPID FIRE, HELLHOUND, TYTON, etc. Contains previously unreleased EP and demos from 1990-1991.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

nightsblood wrote:I guess CHALICE never worked out, or did I miss that one?
Your guess is as good as mine. I have all the best intentions to see it done and it will be a top priority for sure, as soon/when/if I receive all materials...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

doomedplanet wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! We bow to thee!
GandALF wrote:
DISCIPLE - Last Train to Heaven CD
Arcane 80s melodic heavy metal from Bay Area, featuring members from cult acts such as RELLIK, RAPID FIRE, HELLHOUND, TYTON, etc. Contains previously unreleased EP and demos from 1990-1991.
We are looking into changing the band name now, to avoid potential problems with a current emo/mallcore band which is known to enforce the copyright ownership...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Great job as usual. I'll probably be the first customer from Canada again with a big order of the new releases when they are available.

Regarding the Disciple name, I would just leave it the way it is. I would be willing to bet money that a shitty mainstream emo group will never gain knowledge of a reissue of the material from an underground Metal band that used the moniker way before they did. It's not like your releases are available on itunes or at the local HMV.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:Great job as usual. I'll probably be the first customer from Canada again with a big order of the new releases when they are available.
Pre-orders and massive distro clearance $4.99 sale started already 5 days ago. Many Canadian customers have beaten you up to the honor already ;)
Regarding the Disciple name, I would just leave it the way it is. I would be willing to bet money that a shitty mainstream emo group will never gain knowledge of a reissue of the material from an underground Metal band that used the moniker way before they did. It's not like your releases are available on itunes or at the local HMV.
I was made aware about the mallcore band from someone close to them after posting the Disciple info on a Christian metal forum. They already enforced another band to change their name, so I'm taking the high road even just to be on the safe side.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I think Disciple-1990 to 1991 is a good name.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

GandALF wrote:
Avenger wrote:Great job as usual. I'll probably be the first customer from Canada again with a big order of the new releases when they are available.
Pre-orders and massive distro clearance $4.99 sale started already 5 days ago. Many Canadian customers have beaten you up to the honor already ;)
Well, I don't do pre-orders but I'm sure you know what I meant...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

A big thanks to you Iordan for this fantastic serie !!
It was really a great idea !

Any chance to have a RWH Part II in the future ??

They are so many great demos that remain unreleased ...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I'll have follow-up series for sure, I already got some amazing projects in the pipes. Including a band which in my opinion was the epitome of 80s US Power Metal, and they got tons of unreleased demos in addition to the cult EP everyone knows.

I just need to figure out a name for the follow-up series. Maybe this time I'll use green layout
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

GandALF wrote: Including a band which in my opinion was the epitome of 80s US Power Metal
and the name of that band starts with which letter?