Twisted Tower Dire - Make It Dark

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Marken

Twisted Tower Dire - Make It Dark

Post by Marken »

Anyone else with an opinion on this fantastic band?

New album out now.
Received this one yesterday. Have played it five times and it's stunning. Their catchiest work so far, and it might even be their best one yet. The only average song is Torture Torture, the rest is brilliant, and Jonny Aune (the new vocalist) really delivers.

All their albums are great, although I can't stand stand the production on Crest Of the Martyrs. In fact, I have always had a little problem with the bands productions, and on the new one the drums sound a little "plastic". Nothing that bothers me very much, but worth a mention.

Two songs...

White Shadow:
http://www.apochs.net/Exclusive/TwistedTowerDire.html

Snow Leopard:
http://www.myspace.com/cruzdelsurmusic/ ... d-81152154
Last edited by Marken on Mon May 16, 2011 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

I thought their first 2 albums were fantastic. I did not like "Crest Of The Martyrs" that much, so I did not bother to listen to "Netherworlds" anymore. But those two new tracks from "Make It Dark" sound very promising! And I like the cover a lot....
mordred

Post by mordred »

I've yet to listen to the new one in its entirety, but what I've heard has been killer.
roihlem wrote:I thought their first 2 albums were fantastic. I did not like "Crest Of The Martyrs" that much, so I did not bother to listen to "Netherworlds" anymore. But those two new tracks from "Make It Dark" sound very promising! And I like the cover a lot....
You must check out Netherworlds as well, it's killer. Crest of the Martyrs is their worst for sure.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

Wow, I didn't know it was out yet - who's stocking it?
Marken

Post by Marken »

Dark Stranger wrote:Wow, I didn't know it was out yet - who's stocking it?
I ordered it directly from Cruz Del Sur. Very fast shipping.
eatmetalgreg

Post by eatmetalgreg »

i also got copies!
www.eatmetalrecords.com/shop
+ many other new stuff!

plus , yep, it is very good album-return!

metal on!
epic metal rules !
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Haven't heard it yet. I like the last 2, been too long since I heard the earlier ones so I can't comment on them
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Bane

Post by Bane »

Dark Stranger wrote:Wow, I didn't know it was out yet - who's stocking it?
I'm pretty sure Into The Void have it on CD, Donal, with vinyl on the way.
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

Keep me a vinyl Barry! :D
nabel

Post by nabel »

Who is releasing vinyl version? When it's out? I might order that cd+shirt package before it, can't wait to get this album...
daniel

Post by daniel »

Based on those two songs... "White Shadow" is pretty cool, but "Snow Leopard" sounds so 'happy' and 'ghey' that I had to turn it off. Sometimes a really clean production adds to the material, don't feel that here. Perhaps there are better tracks on the album, still the artwork is something terrible.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Listened to the entire album now.

Opener "Mystera" sounds cool. "Snow Leopard" is still bad... don't see how this is really any different from a band like White Wizzard, if songs were played at random...? Solos are excellent throughout and there are some other alright moments, overall the production makes the songs sound more bland/similar than they are. The re-recording of "Beyond The Gate" does sound good towards the end, and of course it's an amazing song anyway.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Marken

Post by Marken »

Played this over and over, and it's so far my favorite-album this year.
I agree with daniel, the production makes the songs sound pretty similar, but the only track I find a little boring is Torture Torture.
Simply put a brilliant album which brings a big smile on my face for the 36 minutes it lasts.

Favorites are Mystera and White Shadow.
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

daniel wrote:Based on those two songs... "White Shadow" is pretty cool, but "Snow Leopard" sounds so 'happy' and 'ghey' that I had to turn it off. Sometimes a really clean production adds to the material, don't feel that here. Perhaps there are better tracks on the album, still the artwork is something terrible.
I have to agree with this having just heard 'Snow Leopard' and seen the crap cover art - decent band though so I would hold out to hear the whole thing.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Did they listen to Keeper Of The Seven Keys a little too long for Snow Leopard? :lol:

It doesn't sound super gay but the songs just don't make a big impression.