Muskelrock 2011 (Sweden june 2-4, PENTAGRAM, OZ, DRAKAR etc)

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
DaN
Administructor

Muskelrock 2011 (Sweden june 2-4, PENTAGRAM, OZ, DRAKAR etc)

Post by DaN »

Wow, no thread about this the bestest up'n'coming Swedish festival yet? Fo' shame!

The line-up, which should be complete by now I think:

PENTAGRAM(USA)
THOR(CAN)
GIRLSCHOOL(UK)
OZ(FIN)
BLAZE BAYLEY(UK)
WARRANT(DE)
EMERALD(NL)
SILVER MOUNTAIN
GRAVEYARD
BULLET
GHOST
WOLF
IMPERIAL STATE ELECTRIC
DRAKAR(CZ)
PORTRAIT
HELVETETS PORT
THE SCAMS
ANTICHRIST
WITCHGRAVE
'77
ENTRAILS
MARULK
PROCESSION(CHILE)
BLACK OATH(IT)
GRIFTEGÅRD
HANDS OF ORLAC(IT)
RISE AND SHINE
LORD VICAR(FIN)
NOCTUM

This is the 3rd year of the festival and the goodest one yet imho. Most Swedes around here I've talked will be attending - how about ye ausländers? Unfortunately the organizers haven't provided the best info for non-Swedes, and this Swedish MySpace page seem to be the main source. Let's have an early roll-call + maybe help out with travel-tips for people coming in from abroad..
ARC

Post by ARC »

I’ll be there. Pentagram sealed the deal.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

They announced Silver Mountain too late... I will be seeing HELL live in Falun instead.... GAAAAH!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I'd love to be there. Drakar will probably be out of this world. Alas, it's very unlikely I can afford to. Priorities must be made and this is not high enough on the list.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

great_knuthulhu wrote:I'd love to be there. Drakar will probably be out of this world. Alas, it's very unlikely I can afford to. Priorities must be made and this is not high enough on the list.
Apart from the late PENTAGRAM-addition, DRAKAR was indeed the most explosive & shocking feature this year - Incredible! Sorry to hear you won't afford the trip, Knut. What happened? Oil-wells running dry already?

@Warepire: I almost envy you. The HELL v/s Muskelrock debacle is a fucking DISASTER.
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

I will be there along with a lot of other crazy Danes.

We were there last year - it is just an amazing festival. And this years line-up is really strong!!!
nabel

Post by nabel »

Looks like THE festival of this summer but luckily for my liver I don't have holiday at that time. Atleast Thor plays in Helsinki few days before.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

DaN wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:I'd love to be there. Drakar will probably be out of this world. Alas, it's very unlikely I can afford to. Priorities must be made and this is not high enough on the list.
Apart from the late PENTAGRAM-addition, DRAKAR was indeed the most explosive & shocking feature this year - Incredible! Sorry to hear you won't afford the trip, Knut. What happened? Oil-wells running dry already?
I moved north of the arctic circle, I'm taking my driver's license, buying a car, buying a house and my tenants aren't paying their rent. So yeah, the oil wells have run dry I guess :)
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
The_Elite

Post by The_Elite »

I will be heading back again this year. Stellar line up as usual.
Tobiee

Post by Tobiee »

About DRAKAR, Could someone link me to a blog or something where I may download some material? I still haven't heard them or found any info about them..
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Buy the 2CD re-release from I HATE...
pentagramophone

Post by pentagramophone »

Tobiee

Post by Tobiee »

snaps666 wrote:Buy the 2CD re-release from I HATE...
That was the plan at the muskelrock warmup party 20th May, Would like to hear them before though.
Bane

Post by Bane »

I was going to post up a thread about this but you bet me to it Dan! The line-up is the best any summer festival has to offer this year. I booked my flights several days ago. I'm spending a few days in Sandviken with some friends and then driving with them to the festival.

I have a friend traveling over to Stockholm on the Wednesday (1st June) and she's try to figure out how to get from there to Alvesta. Are there any people here car sharing from Stockholm with a spare seat in their car? If so, please e-mail me :) barry@occultforces.com - she will obviously contribute money towards petrol/diesel.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and drinking beers on Swedish soil for the first time!

Barry
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I'll arrive on Friday at around lunch time. We'll probably camp under the trees up by the road just as last year.