Portrait

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
The_Elite

Post by The_Elite »

jared wrote:PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE get phillip back
I totally disagree. Per's vocals have a far greater range- Phillip's are all high. The band are clearly moving away from the 'Mercyful Fate tribute' thing, and again Per adds a far greater dynamic to the songs.
Obviously changing vocalist is a big thing for fans to deal with- on record maybe, but get a chance to see them live and you won't really notice.

As for the new songs- the title track is a grower I think, but Son Of All Graves is an absolute stormer.
heavymetalmaniac

Post by heavymetalmaniac »

The_Elite wrote:
I totally disagree. Per's vocals have a far greater range- Phillip's are all high. The band are clearly moving away from the 'Mercyful Fate tribute' thing, and again Per adds a far greater dynamic to the songs.
Obviously changing vocalist is a big thing for fans to deal with- on record maybe, but get a chance to see them live and you won't really notice.

As for the new songs- the title track is a grower I think, but Son Of All Graves is an absolute stormer.
I will surely buy the upcoming stuff and maybe it will grow and I will change my opinion!? Who knows.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

The_Elite wrote:
The band are clearly moving away from the 'Mercyful Fate tribute' thing,
and that ,as a fact, was the main problem for me with this band, it has more of its own personality now i guess
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

I actually really dig the new singer, and the new stuff is sounding awesome. Really looking forward to the new LP!
nabel

Post by nabel »

I think their Hells pleasure gig last year with this new singer was much better than the gigs with Phillip.
jared

Post by jared »

the thing for me is that this band plays totally evil metal, so they need a totally evil vocalist. not some shining power metal knight with generic vocals who sounds more likely to fight for what is right than what is wrong!
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

I like both singers and these new songs sound really fine to my ears, they evolve, the song structures are getting even more personal. The band is just doing its own thing and I like it. Though I can understand people who tend to prefer Philipp's darker approach, but I have nothing against' the way Per is singing.
"Alcohol is the cause and the solution to all our problems" Homer J. Simpson

BANG YOUR FUCKING SKULL!!!
http://www.myspace.com/resistance667
Lindell

Post by Lindell »

It is now possible to order the 7" via High Roller Records - http://www.hho-records.de/
The way! (The way!)
The way! (The way!)
The way your soul must go! (Must go!)
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Loved the single! "Murder of all things righteous" has a wonderful chorus and a great, slightly progressive song structure. One of the best songs I've heard by this band!

"Son of All Graves" has great guitar harmonies, they remind me of a different song but I cannot recall which at the moment. Unfortunately, Pers singing is somewhat strained here, and a bit too high pitched for my tastes.

All in all a very solid release, cheers Christian!
Lindell

Post by Lindell »

OK girls and boys, shadows are falling all over bright lands, drenched in blood: We have uploaded two songs from the upcoming album on our myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/portraitmetal
The way! (The way!)
The way! (The way!)
The way your soul must go! (Must go!)
Marken

Post by Marken »

Wow! That sounded great! Really liked both songs. When will the album be released?
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

CRACKING sounding songs. I was a bit concerned as some parts of the last 7" didn't quite work for me, but these songs promise good things of the album.

Isn't that artwork on the page though an old mooted Repugnant artwork?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Awesome tunes! Cannot wait for the album!

I'm so envious of Metal Blade now, damn! :twisted:
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I thought the vocals in particular were better than the 7", but the arrangements too were more interesting. Maybe they can release another killer album? (Yes, I do think their debut is really excellent).
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Absolutely awesome songs. Will definitely get the new album.