Portrait

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

The vocals are letting that album down IMO. He sounds pretty strained and at times it just doesn't seem to come naturally to him at all. That said, everything else about the album is really great. I love the solos, the arrangements, the bassplaying is really inventive (if not actually original)... everything is there for a CLASSIC except the vocals.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Marken

Post by Marken »

great_knuthulhu wrote:The vocals are letting that album down IMO. He sounds pretty strained and at times it just doesn't seem to come naturally to him at all. That said, everything else about the album is really great. I love the solos, the arrangements, the bassplaying is really inventive (if not actually original)... everything is there for a CLASSIC except the vocals.
Yes, the vocals sound a little strained in places, but it doesn't bother me very much. Overall the vocalist is ok, and at least far better than the first one.
laasgaardh

Post by laasgaardh »

Didn't find any information on their website, but according to metal archives, Niklas Svensson from Carnival Sun is their new vocalist.
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

I don't like his painting and acting on stage....the old singer was great!