KIT XIV pre- & afterglow..

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
nabel

Post by nabel »

Yeah, Damien Thorne was a real disappointment for me also. I could not get a hold of Griffin also. I waited until Hevy Metal Attack and left out to chat with mates.
From_the_Fjords

Post by From_the_Fjords »

Great weekend; all perfect (as always): the people, the band, the organization.

Slauter Xstroyes, Saracen, Satan & Brocas Helm top gigs for me.

Also Breaker, Betsy, Malice and Vicious Rumors made a good show.

Great to meet Dan and some others from the forum
darquos

Post by darquos »

Hi ! Excellent KIT for me too ! Satan was inimaginable !!

Someone can give me the name of the band that we listened just before the Enforcer show ?
Pyrenean Metal
The_Elite

Post by The_Elite »

Great first experience of Keep It True.

I literally had to punch myself in the face when Satan were on to make sure I wasn't dreaming- they were incredible. Metalucifer were brilliant as well- the chainsaw/ stairs was hilarious, and Gezol is a great frontman. Slaughter Xstroyes were a welcome surpirse- didn't expect them to be that good. Saracen sounded great (I saw them a couple of weeks ago at British Steel festival and thought they put on a better show at KIT). Enforcer, Bitch, Griffin (despite it being a kareoke lineup) were all great too.

Plus next year already looks amazing- Witch Cross!!!!!

*edit* and I forgot Brocas Helm who were also great- but what was that at the end about 'this is the last time you'll ever see us on stage together'???
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

From_the_Fjords wrote:Great weekend; all perfect (as always): the people, the band, the organization.

Sorry, I failed to meet you at KiT. I tried to spot a Medieval T-Shirt, but the only one I found was DaN's friend Stefan. I'll save that beer for some other time!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Great KIT again. Satan was one of the best concerts I ever saw. I shat my pants when they played "Oppression". That song particularly destroyed everything. Brocas Helm was great too, first time I was able to catch them life. Another highlight was Breaker and Saracen. Unfortunately I haven't met many people from the forum because there wasn't any "spare time". Next year the billing seems to allow more partying outside on the campsite.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

Sorta confusing since there are two KIT topics now :D
msp wrote:...and Kristijan
Cheers Matt! :) The pleasure was all mine!

And ION I don't know if you got my PM reply - thanks man and yes we'll see each other next year!
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

darquos wrote:Hi ! Excellent KIT for me too ! Satan was inimaginable !!

Someone can give me the name of the band that we listened just before the Enforcer show ?
Sign of the Jackal?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Heavy wrote: And ION I don't know if you got my PM reply - thanks man and yes we'll see each other next year!
Got it!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Metallic heaven & hell once again. Great performances, I pick the best years to come I think. Cool people as well, it was like talking to faces like it was yesterday the last time I saw them.

Highlights Satan, VR, the last 3 songs towards the end of Brocas Helm when I arrived, Metal Lucifier, Sledge Leather and Death Dealer.

Griffin, or should I say the singer + a cover band sounded good but it was just a cover band for me so I left to go outside. Agent Steel were really dumb to lose Bruce Hall through the whole interstellar frontman rehiring process but they sounded still OK to my drunken head, especially the Dio tribute. Malice were so-so, they really needed James Neal.

Lowlights: Missing Saracen and Crimson Glory... :roll: The 2 bands I wanted to see most. I over exaggerated the turnover time for the later with the help of free beer, all I know is that the doors were boarded up when I went to go in. :!: I'll have to rush to Essen to see their show after work on Saturday in order to stop beating myself up in my head.
From_the_Fjords

Post by From_the_Fjords »

Khnud wrote:
From_the_Fjords wrote:Great weekend; all perfect (as always): the people, the band, the organization.

Sorry, I failed to meet you at KiT. I tried to spot a Medieval T-Shirt, but the only one I found was DaN's friend Stefan. I'll save that beer for some other time!
no problem, we will meet at the next; this time the Tauberfrankenhalle was very FULL of people. Was hard to find someone at KIT.
see you at the next my friend!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

A few more words on the rest of the bands I saw:

HELLHOUND - Quite OK on stage, but their tracks never did anything to me. I guess those who like their material enjoyed the show much more than I did.

BREAKER - Same thing like HELLHOUND. Great frontman, energetic and passionate on stage. I think they overdid it at some points. Not bad at all though.

GRIFFIN - Not bad, but really nothing special. This was more like a tribute band. My opinion with all this one-original-member-and-roxxcalibur-on-the rest-of-the-instruments thing probably is that it has to stop at some point. Expected more.

VICIOUS RUMOURS - Pretty good show, however they never were among my US metal favourites. Carl Albert's son did a really good job on vox despite his not so metallic presence on stage.

MASTERS OF METAL - Wasn't very impressed. A lot of things didn't seem to fit very well. Left the venue when they started playing the covers because of a terrible headache. I don't think my opinion would be radically different if I had stayed until the end.

SARACEN - Nice surprise, an excellent performance. The singer was simply outstanding sounding even better than on the albums.

DEATH DEALER - A good, solid performance. I'd like to have heard more tracks off the unreleased LP though.

LEATHER - She definitely has kept her voice intact although I'm not dying neither for CHASTAIN nor for MALIBU BARBI. Some new tracks didn't sound very good to my ears and I got a bit bored after some point.

I can't have an opinion on the rest of the bands either because I saw only a very small part of their show or because I didn't saw them at all. Perhaps my only regret is that I didn't watch more of SACRIFICE as most people said they were great, but I wanted to save some energy for CRIMSON GLORY who were playing later.

And a few more comments on my top 3:

SLAUTER XSTROYES were fucking great, more menacing and passionate than their UTH show last year. Paul Kratky is god and for fuck's sake, they played Saint's Revenge. What more can a fan ask for?

SATAN - A TERRIFIC show. Brian Ross is a metal god. Really tight and the setlist was incredible.

CRIMSON GLORY were simply amazing with a dreamy setlist. A lot better than what I expected. Todd La Torre is the reincarnation of Midnight, I couldn't believe my ears when he was singing Lost Reflection. His supersonic screams still ring in my head. The sound could have been a bit better, especially in the first 3-4 tracks, although things improved quite a lot towards the end. A great closing of a great weekend.
Last edited by ION BRITTON on Mon May 02, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

ION BRITTON wrote: GRIFFIN - Not bad, but really nothing special. This was more like a tribute band. My opinion with all this one-original-member-and-roxxcalibur-on-the rest-of-the-instruments thing probably is that it has to stop at some point. Expected more.
It's indeed pretty ridiculous. Just couldn't enjoy the Griffin show because of these Roxxcalibur members especially the drummer. It's all too idiotic and artificial. The original singer had still a great voice though. Too bad because those two Griffin albums belong to my favourite US metal releases.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Does anyone know whether or not Carl Albert's son is performing with the band on their European tour is it the guy on the latest release?
nabel

Post by nabel »

He is Kevin Albert, who used to play guitar in Ulysses Siren & Kaos? Or did he have more children? I did not know he could sing also and thought he would be playing guitar with them. (I did not watch Vicious R, they aren't my favorites.)

As Ion Britton pointed out, Breaker was great BUT singer was running all the time between stage and audience and the that trick was already old after first time. But playing live in front of big audience might get you full of adrenalin. After few beers especially. ;)