KIT XIV pre- & afterglow..

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Bane

Post by Bane »

I have a friend on the continent who wasn't able to make KIT but (as of today!) found out she can. She's going to turn up and hope there are some people selling tickets. If anyone knows anyone going with a spare, please let me know! barry@occultforces.com
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

Yup, I'm in as well!
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

anyone landing in Stuttgart around 7 tomorrow evening and willing to take me and 2 girls along to lauda in a car in exchange for gasoline money and tips on how to score rare Lps? (i guess the former rather than the latter)
please let me know
dank (vielen)
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

I'm also looking for a ride, but from the Bonn/Cologne area. If you can help please PM.
jedifart

Post by jedifart »

Broken bones can't keep me away. Flight leaves in 491 minutes. 8)
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I hate you all.

Lucky European bastards. :P
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

As always - KIT was beyond excellence!!!

One of the highlights for me was meeting some really nice people that are also on the forum: cheers to the cool guys from Hellas - ION BRITTON, angelheart, Kostas K., Alexander

and of course msp - again congrats on the wedding! I wish you all the best!!!

Now I'll go back to the attic, liking my rocking chair, staring at shadows etc. and wait for next years KIT!
msp

Post by msp »

Another top weekend!!

SLAUTER XSTROYES, SARACEN & SATAN were bands of the weekend for me. METALUCIFER also put on a great show especially when Neil Tanka fell up the stairs! Top entertainment! Heavy Metal Toilet Seat!!!

Crimson Glory were also good. I was not so keen on the Masters of Metal show. Think I heard six songs and decided to leave

Cool to catch up with some old faces again (Dan, Andreas & Giannis) as well as meeting a few more: Sovdat (for about 10 seconds) and Kristijan (sp?) from Slovenia.

See you all next year
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
nabel

Post by nabel »

Slowly recovering and I did not even drink so much + saw all the gigs I wanted to. I'm getting old.

And hey Oliver, OZ is from NAKKILA, Finland. Not from Sweden.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Another top weekend of course. Vicious Rumors, Satan, Crimson Glory, Agent Steel and Saracen were my favorites. Several others were good as well. The only show I saw that I didn't really like was Damien Thorne.

The usual downside of KIT is that there's no time to meet up with people and talk. I spoke to Ion Britton for about 2x30 seconds, to msp for about 10 seconds and to greatknuthulhu for about two minutes and I think that's it actually :lol:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Marken

Post by Marken »

What a weekend!
Great music, fantastic friends, tons of bad stories, and nonstop laughing.

Vicious Rumors is the most fantastic gig I have EVER seen.
Other great stuff was Metalucifer and Enforcer.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Great weekend, I wasn't very satisfied with the bands I wanted to see on day 1, but day 2 was probably 100 times better. Top 3 bands for me were CRIMSON GLORY, SATAN and SLAUTER XSTROYES (Saint's Revenge you muthas!!!). METALUCIFER gave one hell of a show, I laughed my ass off when Neil Tanaka fell up the stairs holding the chainsaw, pure luck that he didn't cut his own head off haha. Gezolucifer is a great entertainer as well. DAMIEN THORNE was total shit, a major disappointment for me and the main reason that I didn't enjoy the first day so much, their show completely ruined my day. Those new tracks really sucked big time, man.
Cheers to everyone who was there and like we've said before, meeting and discussing with other people is always part of the fun on these festivals. Hope we had some more time on our hands, two days are never enough at KIT and this year the weekend was full of bands everyone wanted to see for some reason, so the free time we had at the campsite was significantly less this time.
See you guys next year.
Last edited by ION BRITTON on Mon May 02, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

What an amazing week end! Day 1 had SLAUTER XSTROYES destroying everything, GRIFFIN and V. RUMORS (minus the crappy interlude with 2 "razorback" songs) having delivered solid sets! D. THORNE were total disapointment though.
DAY 2... Waouh DEATH DEALER ripped but failed to totally kill because they included 2 slower/ rock songs, "under to over" and "wxe can't come back", it was a mistake... and then it was paradise on earth... SACRIFICE/ SATAN deliveing each two of the best concerts I've ever seen -if not the best ever! Simply amazing gigs from: each!
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

Great time at KIT, not much to complain about. Great gigs, people, festival, weather.

The records fair was a bit like expected. Lots to choose from, but a bit too expensive most of the time. Still I bought a lot more records than necessary.
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

This year's KiT was infinitely better than last years for me. Killer concerts all 'round (with just a few exceptions), much warmer during the nights and tons of cool people to talk to. Metalucifer was one of the funniest concerts I've seen!