Vibrations of Doom NEEDS HELP!!!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
darklord

Post by darklord »

Nasty Uwe wrote:Sure, there are 1000+ metalpages out there, which provide information and metalmusic, but when I recall some years back from now on, VoD was one of the very FEW sites dealing with "rare metal".

This was even BEFORE the Youtube/Myspace/Blogspot information overkill.
Yeah, same here. There was virtually no other place where you could listen to that stuff so I spent many hours at V.O.D.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Vaggelis wrote:Mighty Youtube has all obscure metal and Vibrations Of Doom tracks in acceptable and better audio quality...

No need for sites like VOD the last years.Time for a shutdown i am afraid.
I am not retro in internet sites...Sorry.
That was just ungracious, unnecessary and rude.
Sometimes it's best to say nothing lest you reveal yourself to be a tit.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

im really thankful to the site, theres where i knew about Legend(US) Geddes Axe and Acridity!

(now we can start relating my land of mystery thread about this world going to shit...)
MercyfulUngol

Post by MercyfulUngol »

Darksider wrote:Pff...excuse me but this guy appears to be a little whiner eh? You'd rather donate money to someone who starts a crybaby campaign in the www than for any "Save the children in Africa fond? Have you ever donated money for the poor children in the world???
Can't this guy just take a credit from any bank or put aside 20 $ each month to get the 110 $ (What is that??) that he needs? I had to take a credit too to buy a new car that I needed badly for my job etc...did anyone gave me money??? :wink:
Maaaan... I will only donate to the cause that dumps those poor hell-hole dwelling fucks into a tank of rabid sharks on steroids.
But seriously, the only point in donating to such a thing would be that they would die quicker from attempting to eat the money that I sent, thus poisoning them as opposed to starving to death. Basically my donation is a donation to speed production for a company that makes xylophones out of dead African children's ribs. Starving African kids have never done anything for me. However, VOD has done much for me, I used to always check out the site for bands, and I will gladly donate to this cause! A REAL cause! Fuck starving kids!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Man, this thread is turning to really cold read. Karma is a funny thing, be careful what you wish to others. least it happens to you one day...
MercyfulUngol

Post by MercyfulUngol »

stormspell wrote:Man, this thread is turning to really cold read. Karma is a funny thing, be careful what you wish to others. least it happens to you one day...
I'll pray every night for it to happen, just to show you the nonsensical logic that is "karma".
Blegh, good samaritans, always taking shit way too seriously.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

MercyfulUngol wrote:
Darksider wrote:Pff...excuse me but this guy appears to be a little whiner eh? You'd rather donate money to someone who starts a crybaby campaign in the www than for any "Save the children in Africa fond? Have you ever donated money for the poor children in the world???
Can't this guy just take a credit from any bank or put aside 20 $ each month to get the 110 $ (What is that??) that he needs? I had to take a credit too to buy a new car that I needed badly for my job etc...did anyone gave me money??? :wink:
Maaaan... I will only donate to the cause that dumps those poor hell-hole dwelling fucks into a tank of rabid sharks on steroids.
But seriously, the only point in donating to such a thing would be that they would die quicker from attempting to eat the money that I sent, thus poisoning them as opposed to starving to death. Basically my donation is a donation to speed production for a company that makes xylophones out of dead African children's ribs. Starving African kids have never done anything for me. However, VOD has done much for me, I used to always check out the site for bands, and I will gladly donate to this cause! A REAL cause! Fuck starving kids!
This is definitely one of the most disturbing posts I've read in this forum. Joke or not, I personally do not find it funny. And maybe it's part of the answer to this thread.

You don't have to care about it, but at least try not being so cynical about the fortunes of some millions of human lives who haven't done anything wrong except that they were born in a 'wrong' part of the world.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

ION BRITTON wrote:
MercyfulUngol wrote:
This is definitely one of the most disturbing posts I've read in this forum. Joke or not, I personally do not find it funny. And maybe it's part of the answer to this thread.

You don't have to care about it, but at least try not being so cynical about the fortunes of some millions of human lives who haven't done anything wrong except that they were born in a 'wrong' part of the world.
I think that he is not joking. I dont know though which is worst of the two. I am at a loss for words.
MercyfulUngol

Post by MercyfulUngol »

HAHAHAHAHAHA, I wasn't expecting such PMRC-like responses. I know, Perhaps I should sing it next time, then it will be acceptable. Sure you'll headbang to King Diamond killing babies, but when someone makes a joke about it, you people act shocked and disgusted, hahaha.
Words are words in my eyes, whether in a song or in a joke. It's the people that give the words all it's power, and to me that seems to be another part of "The answer to that thread"; people giving words too much power. Maybe you guys should take a stab at me for expressing a joke, I'll be outside front of the Amsterdam East Borough Office riding my bike to work if anyone wants to know, ahahaha. :lol:
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

MercyfulUngol wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHA, I wasn't expecting such PMRC-like responses.
I didn't find it horribly shocking. I just thought you were being an oaf. Anyone want to steer this back on topic?
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I'm deeply sorry I cannot follow your sick and twisted sense of humour. If you meant what you said, it's simply atrocious. If you didn't mean it, it wasn't really funny, at least not for me.

If 'words are words' only and they don't mean much to you, do you suggest any better way of communicating and expressing our thoughts?

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
VibrationsOfDoom

Post by VibrationsOfDoom »

Vaggelis wrote:
Mighty Youtube has all obscure metal and Vibrations Of Doom tracks in acceptable and better audio quality...

No need for sites like VOD the last years.Time for a shutdown i am afraid.
I am not retro in internet sites...Sorry.

Actually, "mighty" youtube and blogspots DO NOT have the "acceptable and better quality" than my versions... For one VERY important reason...
ALL the classic albums titles on the site have been cleaned and remastered... Check Strappado's blogspot for the Genghis Khan re-upload we did... We've been cleaning all the vinyl and tape noise out of these things for years, and many times the ONLY versions you'll find on the net are these scratchy versions...

Now that our domain renewal has been taken care of (more on that later), we're going to be re-encoding the classic albums in a higher bitrate, though NOT in MP3 format, so people can hear just how clean these rips are... And once again, PLEASE remember that there's over 1300 rare, classic and out of print 80's metal albums on the site, so it's kinda hard to have such large filesizes, plus also remember these were meant to be LISTENABLE ONLY anyway... I know everyone wants for free these days, but that's NEVER what the classic albums archives intended to be... Hell, listen to the weekly radio show if you want to hear how clean these vinyl rips are!!

And finally, to Vaggelis: It's really sad how you try to rag on my site, especially when I'm going to reveal to everyone that you and I used to MP3 trade back and forth for these 80's gems, which I recall very fondly... What people DON'T know is usually you traded me for my rips because you knew they were cleaner and (most times) of better and higher quality that what was already floating around the net... So sad... I supported you and your blogspot, always, and this is how you repay me? It's like you saying "Oh, hey thanks Steve for the hundreds of hours you spent cleaning and remastering these titles for me, now fuck off..."

To the rest of you, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for helping me out in my time of need... I'm glad people have enjoyed the classic albums section for years, and the music magazine and radio show will STILL continue... I lov what I do and I declare Vibrations Of Doom Magazine/DOOM Radio a site for the people... It's because of YOU that this is still ongoing... Well, I'm in there somewhere too... But thank you once again...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

VibrationsOfDoom wrote: And finally, to Vaggelis: It's really sad how you try to rag on my site, especially when I'm going to reveal to everyone that you and I used to MP3 trade back and forth for these 80's gems, which I recall very fondly... What people DON'T know is usually you traded me for my rips because you knew they were cleaner and (most times) of better and higher quality that what was already floating around the net... So sad... I supported you and your blogspot, always, and this is how you repay me? It's like you saying "Oh, hey thanks Steve for the hundreds of hours you spent cleaning and remastering these titles for me, now fuck off..."
He's not the same Vaggelis you're talking about...

VibrationsOfDoom

Post by VibrationsOfDoom »

>>He's not the same Vaggelis you're talking about...

Oh, well, I was kinda hoping not, I mean that's the only Vaggelis I know... He did get me some good 80's titles back in the day, I was hoping it wasn't him... I kinda dig some of the stuff he's put on his blogspot... Damn glad am I to know it's not him...

And to Vaggelis, if you're reading this, sorry dude... I'm always up for doing some more trades... :)
MercyfulUngol

Post by MercyfulUngol »

ION BRITTON wrote:I'm deeply sorry I cannot follow your sick and twisted sense of humour. If you meant what you said, it's simply atrocious. If you didn't mean it, it wasn't really funny, at least not for me.

If 'words are words' only and they don't mean much to you, do you suggest any better way of communicating and expressing our thoughts?
Hahahah, it looks like you are the one that has problems with the way people express themselves, not me. Maybe we should all shape our words to forms that would be more palatable for your sensitive eyes/ears?