New stuff from High Roller Records

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Sgt. Kuntz

New stuff from High Roller Records

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Been spinning some new releases from High Roller Rec.:

SLAUGHTER - Not Dead Yet LP
First official version on wax and it slays! :shock:

WOLF/KRÜIZER - Echos From The Past LP
Great production, guitar solos all over the place. Nice one as well. Comes with a small book, very nice gimmick!

RAM - Lightbringer LP
"Suomussalmi" and "Blood God" are brilliant, need another spin for the other tracks though.

ZÜÜL - Howl Of the Wolf 7"
The sound is an improvement over the LP which i thought was a bit shallow. Both tracks are quite catchy.

What you think?
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Slaughter are a storming band, but to me there`s been to many compilations/the best ofs of their stuff, so their discography looks a bit messy to me. :? And i don`t need to own the seame demos/albums on different records (these were released on some other compilation, or weren`t they).

Wolf is a must though.
GJ

Post by GJ »

I've ordered the Züül and Wolf/Kruizer vinyls, just awaiting the Quicksand Dream LP to be released (February 9th) for the shipment. Should be a treat, I'll get back when I got them.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Herkus Monte wrote:Slaughter are a storming band, but to me there`s been to many compilations/the best ofs of their stuff, so their discography looks a bit messy to me. :? And i don`t need to own the seame demos/albums on different records (these were released on some other compilation, or weren`t they).
That is true, not easy to keep the oversight here. As far as i know "Not Dead Yet" was a tape album when the band called themself STRAPPADO in 1990. Shortly after that a bootleg LP was made under the SLAUGHTER moniker. The first official version came from Nuclear Blast on CD in 2001 with an earlier demo as well. And now theres "Not Dead Yet" first time on vinyl as a legit version.

You can say that this really is the second album as it was meant to be and a great one indeed.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
daniel

Post by daniel »

I've had the 'Not Dead Yet' vinyl bootleg for years, nice record but I'm not going to be buying another copy of it.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

disregard, seems fine now
nabel

Post by nabel »

Is that Jaguar LP, "Opening The Enclosure" worth getting? Seems that there is 2nd pressing on its way.
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

Yes, the Jaguar LP is great if you ask me. Nice sound and good packaging. I guess the songs were already available on this CD, which I didn't realize at first:

http://metal-archives.com/release.php?id=152848
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

Nabel, the Jaguar LP is well worth picking up, the sound is awesome and the package is well put together.