HELL SIGNS TO NUCLEAR BLAST

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
HumanRemains

HELL SIGNS TO NUCLEAR BLAST

Post by HumanRemains »

HELL ALBUM/LABEL SIGNING NEWS

The last time I posted on here, I hinted strongly at the fact that HELL would possibly soon become a METAL BLADE band. Well...............like everything else I’ve ever said on this forum, that was cast-iron fact at the time. Never, in our wildest dreams, did we expect to subsequently get offered solid deals by four other companies, including the two biggest metal labels in Europe – an amazing position to be in, and a situation which surely speaks volumes about the quality of the finished album. One hugely respected European rock magazine is already saying that this ranks amongst the top 10 albums they have heard in the last 15 years – whilst another major one has listed HELL as their ‘most promising new band for 2011’. Anyway - there was nothing wrong with the MB deal and we were very, very flattered by the offer, but the simple reality is that we got offered something way better.

I’m therefore proud to announce that HELL has signed to NUCLEAR BLAST, and the ‘Human Remains’ album will be released in May......on Friday 13th, of course. The initial release of the album will include a bonus DVD video track.

To fulfil the assurances I have always made in terms of satisfying fans of the old demo material, Nuclear Blast will also produce a limited-edition Digipak which will contain the new album, plus an additional bonus CD of remastered versions of the 1982-85 originals with an extended 28-page booklet dealing with the history of the band along with many previously unseen photos. It’s also probable that additional remastered demo material will be made available in time.

Furthermore, the analogue lovers amongst you will be happy to learn that there will also be a 180g vinyl + T-shirt package release, whose content/format has still to be decided.

On behalf of the band, I would like to express our gratitude to Jaap Wagemaker at Nuclear Blast Europe for his faith and commitment – we are so happy to be with a company who really ‘gets it’. Thanks also to those reading this post, for your eternal patience, and for the many encouraging and kind words you have expressed over such an extended period. It’s genuinely, genuinely appreciated, and we hope that you will consider the long wait to have been worthwhile when you hear it.

Best wishes
Kev Bower

LINK TO OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE www.nuclearblast.de
Last edited by HumanRemains on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Axe

Re: HELL SIGNS TO NUCLEAR BLAST

Post by Black Axe »

HumanRemains wrote:Nuclear Blast will also produce a limited-edition Digipak which will contain the new album, plus an additional bonus CD of remastered versions of the 1982-85 originals with an extended 28-page booklet dealing with the history of the band along with many previously unseen photos. It’s also probable that additional remastered demo material will be made available in time.

Furthermore, the analogue lovers amongst you will be happy to learn that there will also be a 180g vinyl + T-shirt package release, whose content/format has still to be decided.
Will the remastered songs also come on vinyl with that package?
HumanRemains

Post by HumanRemains »

Don't know yet - the album runs well over an hour, so the format/content of the vinyl hasn't yet been decided. I think I said that already :D
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

Congrats Kev! Can't wait to hear the album!
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Chuffed!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Väänänen

Post by Väänänen »

Congratulations!
I was never a religious man, so why should I put my faith in you? I'm a heathen searching for his soul.
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

It's great to see that it will finally be released. I'm not the biggest fan of Nuclear Blast but their releases are very easy to get and hopefully they will give Hell the exposure they deserve. Best of luck with it and roll on May!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I'll be getting a CD copy of this. And a vinyl copy. And the t-shirt. And the DVD. The works, really. Can't wait! :)
deathster

Post by deathster »

Khnud wrote:I'll be getting a CD copy of this. And a vinyl copy. And the t-shirt. And the DVD. The works, really. Can't wait! :)
No test press?
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Fuckin' cool....
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I wonder if Nuclear Blast would ever heard of Hell without the underground fans... Big labels just have to sit and wait whats happening around, and sign the possible promises... Well, it is nice for Hell, they will have more exposure and we weill have the stuff released, at last.
HumanRemains

Post by HumanRemains »

metalmaster wrote:I wonder if Nuclear Blast would ever heard of Hell without the underground fans... Big labels just have to sit and wait whats happening around, and sign the possible promises... Well, it is nice for Hell, they will have more exposure and we weill have the stuff released, at last.
Yes. Jaap Wagemaker (NB's A&R in Germany and the guy who championed Hell's cause at the label) has known of the band for at least fifteen years, because he - just like you guys - is an old-school metalhead and a cassette tape trader who collected all our old demos way back. It's also him who we have to thank for the upcoming bonus CD of remastered originals.
HumanRemains

Post by HumanRemains »

HELL March promo release

As a prequel to the release of the ‘Human Remains’ album, Nuclear Blast will be releasing a double A-side promo single on 4th March. The single will feature edited versions of ‘Save Us From Those Who Would Save Us’, along with ‘On Earth As It Is In Hell’ on the flip. Both of these are the newly-recorded versions which have been cut down a little to maintain maximum quality on the vinyl.

NB will be producing an extremely limited number of these (only 666 copies), and the 7” vinyl will be a picture disc. The single will, however, also be available as a digital download from the Nuclear Blast website from the release date.

We’re sorry to inform you that the planned video track which was originally due to appear on the album is now no longer possible. Because the album’s run time is almost 67 minutes (value for money, or what?) the only way to fit the video track on would have been to compress the hell out of it which would have resulted in a hideous viewing experience. We’ve therefore decided to stream it instead, so anyone who wants a proper, uncompressed version can download it for free.

Best wishes
quietus

Post by quietus »

Whatever gets the Hell stuff out soonest is cool with me.
HumanRemains

Post by HumanRemains »

Reply to Black Axe -

We now have details of the vinyl. It will be a triple, on coloured vinyl, with the full double-artwork package as per the CD Digipak - so yes, this means that all the remastered old material will be on there as well. Andy Sneap's remastering the tracks for vinyl as we speak.......

Other news;

1 We're talking to Rock The Nations about festivals and shows........
2 There's a Hell feature by Malcolm Dome in the upcoming issue of Metal Hammer.
3 Hardrocker magazine (Poland) are putting 10,000 copies of a sampler CD on the upcoming front cover - this will have 'Plague and Fyre' on it.
4 The 'On Earth As It In Hell' video will shortly be appearing on Scuzz.

Any specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

All the best
Kev Bower