HELL SIGNS TO NUCLEAR BLAST

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
malegys

Post by malegys »

As a fan of the 7" & their 80s demo material, Hell anno 2011 makes absolutely NO sense what so ever. The guitarist in that videoclip with those weave-in multi-coloured dreadlocks, makes me cringe & it hurts. It's just plain embarrasing,even though the music is good (new singer reminds me of Jaz Coleman from Killing Joke),but this is reunion-shenanigans of the highest order & it shouldn't happen. This kind of stuff continously convinces me that metal (with integrity & heart intact) DID die in 1991 & all these reunions just goes on to prove how desperate & downright sad HM has become. The comments by those NB forum kids, doesn't suprise at all.
Imagine if you will, that you were a 16 year old metalhead going to a festival in 1985 & more than half of the bands were reformed 70s dinosaurs who have absolutely no relevance to what was happening at the time. People would simply not stand for it, but now in the "retro obsessed" modernday culture we are all submersed in, these type of totally embarrasing things are allowed to occur...HM has entered the total Las Vegas stage & YOU are the hapless gamblers, who will always lose. I prefer my memories of when metal was meant & "a way of life" & not part of this retrosexual circus.
"Do you like Wenom?"
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

malegys wrote:As a fan of the 7" & their 80s demo material, Hell anno 2011 makes absolutely NO sense what so ever. The guitarist in that videoclip with those weave-in multi-coloured dreadlocks, makes me cringe & it hurts. It's just plain embarrasing,even though the music is good (new singer reminds me of Jaz Coleman from Killing Joke),but this is reunion-shenanigans of the highest order & it shouldn't happen. This kind of stuff continously convinces me that metal (with integrity & heart intact) DID die in 1991 & all these reunions just goes on to prove how desperate & downright sad HM has become. The comments by those NB forum kids, doesn't suprise at all.
Imagine if you will, that you were a 16 year old metalhead going to a festival in 1985 & more than half of the bands were reformed 70s dinosaurs who have absolutely no relevance to what was happening at the time. People would simply not stand for it, but now in the "retro obsessed" modernday culture we are all submersed in, these type of totally embarrasing things are allowed to occur...HM has entered the total Las Vegas stage & YOU are the hapless gamblers, who will always lose. I prefer my memories of when metal was meant & "a way of life" & not part of this retrosexual circus.

Precisely!
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

What people seem to miss is that they looked like that back in their early days,it is an image they had "adopted" and it is actually good that they didn't put their jeans on and play but kept the theatrical attitude they used to have,maybe with a little bit of make-up more,but what the HELL....
Never trust the Goblin King....
Xstroyer

Post by Xstroyer »

Trigger wrote:All this fuss and the smart-ass-underground-champion controversy can only be beneficial to HELL and that's something that makes me feel quite content to say the least.If you listen to underground bands for the sake and on the premise that they remain forever in the underground,then you do the right thing turning your backs.But you are supposed to support the underground with a hope that it is unearthed some day and the only prevailing sound and style will be this one. And what did you expect, a band that recorded an album in 2010 to sound as they did in 1982?Is this possible?Andy Sneap is a renowned producer,so the change in sound was expected anyway and came through naturally. You can tell this is totally 80's though!A huge thumbs up from me!
Trigger wrote:What people seem to miss is that they looked like that back in their early days,it is an image they had "adopted" and it is actually good that they didn't put their jeans on and play but kept the theatrical attitude they used to have,maybe with a little bit of make-up more,but what the HELL....
I don't have anything else to add.
The Might of Chaos descends...