Cauldron Born On Vinyl

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Cauldron_Born

Cauldron Born On Vinyl

Post by Cauldron_Born »

Iron on Iron Records -- Iron004

Label Descripiton: The 1997 Masterpiece OUT NOW in Gatefold Vinyl (with new photos). Plus a 16 1/2" by 23" Poster of the Magnificent Cover made by Lionel Baker !! A Must Have Album!!

Echoes Of Crom Records is the exclusive distributor of the vinyl edition, in North America.

http://echoesofcromrecords.com/Vinyl_Listings.html
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

"Born Of The Cauldron" is a unique album and i will definitely get this as soon as it is available here. Good thing!
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
eatmetalgreg

Post by eatmetalgreg »

I HAVE THIS FOR SALE!!!
CHECK:
WWW.EATMETALRECORDS.COM/SHOP
epic metal rules !
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:"Born Of The Cauldron" is a unique album!!!
I agree 100%! Will be buying this asap!!!

By the way Howie... I've read in some other topic that another Cauldron Born vinyl EP is in the making... something to do with a Heavy Load cover... I hope I didn't misunderstand. So can we expect a Cauldron Born re-grouping, some new songs and maybe some live shows?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Got my copy! It is a very nicely done gatefold release with a bad-ass huge coverartwork poster! Way to go, STORMSPELL APPROVED! :)
Cauldron_Born

Post by Cauldron_Born »

Heavy wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:"Born Of The Cauldron" is a unique album!!!
I agree 100%! Will be buying this asap!!!

By the way Howie... I've read in some other topic that another Cauldron Born vinyl EP is in the making... something to do with a Heavy Load cover... I hope I didn't misunderstand. So can we expect a Cauldron Born re-grouping, some new songs and maybe some live shows?
Thanks, Heavy! We started recording in December. Didn't get a hell of a lot done with the holidays coming on. We will start back in the next couple of weeks or so. I hope to have the EP released by late winter/early spring. There will be two new Cauldron Born songs,plus the Heavy Load cover"Singing Swords". The name of the EP is "Sword and Sorcery Heavy Metal". I have also been working on songs for a full length album, which I plan to start recording this year--after the EP is out.

Howie
Cauldron_Born

Post by Cauldron_Born »

stormspell wrote:Got my copy! It is a very nicely done gatefold release with a bad-ass huge coverartwork poster! Way to go, STORMSPELL APPROVED! :)
Mr. Stormspell: Thanks! That means a lot coming from the man behind USA's best Heavy Metal record label.

Howie
daniel

Post by daniel »

Going to get a copy. It's a good album. Find it funny hearing the Coroner influence on 'Crusader', considering the style that is, almost lifts a riff too. Overall it's original sounding and cool. Briton Rites, on the other hand, that record is full of 'adapted' moments.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Cauldron_Born

Post by Cauldron_Born »

Hey,Daniel. I have never intentionally "lifted" or "adapted" anything, though sometimes it is impossible for one's influences not to show through a bit. When it does, in such an obvious way, I assure you, it isn't intentional.

Briton Rites is me paying homage to early Sabbath and Witchfinder General. I don't pretend to be re-inventing Doom. I have certain parameters that I stay within when writing that style of music. That is why I had only planned to do maybe two or three albums with that stuff. I love traditional Doom, but for it to sound like that, you don't stray very far away from certain elements. Thanks for listening.

Howie
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Cauldron_Born wrote:I love traditional Doom, but for it to sound like that, you don't stray very far away from certain elements.
Howie
Very true and the same thing goes for all the other metal subgenres.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Cauldron_Born

Post by Cauldron_Born »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Cauldron_Born wrote:I love traditional Doom, but for it to sound like that, you don't stray very far away from certain elements.
Howie
Very true and the same thing goes for all the other metal subgenres.

Yep, and not just Metal, but pretty much all genres of music. When I was studying at the Atlanta Institute of Music, another student(Mark English,who now plays guitar with the Tampa based Death Metal band, Monstrosity) and I were talking about this. It was a primarily a jazz guitar school at the time. I was remarking how our teachers all seemed to dislike Metal ,and it was all the same to them. He made the observation that jazz all sounded like the same shit, too.

Musical genres are defined by certain musical devices. The further you step away from conventional patterns, the smaller your audience becomes. Allan Holdsworth(one of the most unique composers and guitarists of our time,in my opinion) used to talk about how his music was too jazz for a rock audience and too rock for a jazz audience.

With Cauldron Born I feel like I can do anything that I want to do, as long as it still captures the atmosphere of what I am going for, but sometimes it is fun to set some parameters, and just see what you can do. I sometimes think that I would like to do something like a cross between early Venom and Celtic Frost's TO MEGA THERION album. I know countless bands have already done this sort of thing, but I think I would have a great time with it. My apologies for such a long post. Thanks guys.

Howie
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Cauldron_Born wrote:Briton Rites is me paying homage to early Sabbath and Witchfinder General. I don't pretend to be re-inventing Doom. I have certain parameters that I stay within when writing that style of music. That is why I had only planned to do maybe two or three albums with that stuff. I love traditional Doom, but for it to sound like that, you don't stray very far away from certain elements. Thanks for listening.

Howie
2 or 3 more BRITON RITES albums !!! Great news, Howie, I've enjoyed the debut a lot !
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

And especially great news about Cauldron Born progress! I'm really looking forward to hearing some more masterpieces.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Nothing wrong with longer posts, why should there be :)

I'm sure you haven't intentionally lifted riffs etc., but as in this case you are the writer and I the listener you know that we see things in different ways, and with Britton Rites there are certain parts so incredibly close to Witchfinder General there is just no mistaking what specific song it was inspired by etc. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy it but I wanted to make that point as it sometimes feels people are a bit scared of being honest lest they might offend the artist.

If someone were to be as critical of similar guitar riffs in metal as similar drumbeats we'd have a war haha ;) Obviously at this point it's pretty much impossible to be truly 'original', especially if aiming for a certain nostalgic atmosphere, but remarking on such doesn't necessarily need to be a purely negative entity :)
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Cauldron_Born

Post by Cauldron_Born »

Hey,Daniel. Not at all, just glad you like listening to my stuff. Thanks.

Oh,I was just rambling in my previous post. I tend to do that because the only time I get to really talk about the music that interests me is on message forums like this.

Howie