CLOVEN HOOF releases 1989 live DVD

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Well my DVD-R arrived, but the paper label was glued improperly and the dvd itself cracked, so I had to send it back hoping for a replacement...

The patch on the other hand is totally awesome and the craftsmanship is exquisite! I asked the band from where it was ordered so I can purchase some patches for our releases, but have yet to get a response on that.
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

My DVD came in a shattered case , as because I'd also ordered the autographed poster, it was fucked because they used it to wrap the DVD.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Has anybody watched this and can confirm that the dvd actually contains LIVE AUDIO and not the album tracks mixed with live footage?
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

this starts to sound shady to me, im glad i didnt order it right away
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

Dark Stranger wrote:My DVD came in a shattered case , as because I'd also ordered the autographed poster, it was fucked because they used it to wrap the DVD.
My DVD and poster arrived today (after more than 3 weeks inside EU... in this time I could have freakin' walked there and picked it up myself) in same condition as yours.

So far I only watched Notre Dame... but I don't think it's live audio... at least vocs are not live... as far as instruments go the sound is really well in sync with the video.. at least from what I've picked up. I'll get back to you tomorrow 100 % on this...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I have received mine, but I havent seen it yet. First impression by looking at the DVDR was 'CHEAP' and now that I'm reading that it is probably dubbed from the album I'm beginning to feel a bit frustrated. I will try to see some of it tonight and will come back with some feedback.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I saw 5 tracks...if this isn't the album tracks mixed with live footage then it must be the single most perfect and faithful-to-the-album live perfomance in the history of music. The only part that sounded truly live are the keys in the beginning of Mistress. My DVD player also refuses to play the damn thing because of the fucking CD label, I'm watching this from my PC...Disappointed is an understatement...

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

There's no live footage in D.V.R. either and I'll be damned if that is a real clip of Mad Mad World

mordred

Post by mordred »

How utterly pointless. I wonder if there was any soundtrack for the show recorded and if so, why they dubbed it over with the album tracks. I mean, the live footage looks so extremely cool, but it's worthless without the audio.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
GJ

Post by GJ »

Sick! :shock:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Yeah, the first thing one should do is soak it in hot soapy water and scrub off that paper label. That's what I'm going to do once I get a replacement.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

stormspell wrote:Yeah, the first thing one should do is soak it in hot soapy water and scrub off that paper label. That's what I'm going to do once I get a replacement.
With a little effort you can scrub it off without putting it in hot water first. The glue of the label is not very strong.

Heavy

Post by Heavy »

As Ion already concluded this is fake, cheap and utterly disappointing.

I suspect that the actual live audio track sounded to bad (as is hinted in the beginning of Mistress) for an official release, but I would still prefer a not so good sounding actual live concert than this.
Eon

Post by Eon »

I am VERY happy that I didn't order this!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Well, given it is a self-released effort with all proceedings going back to the band I can close my eyes on the packaging quality and would support them again. Cannot comment on the actual content yet since I was unable to play it.

The rectangular embroidered patch is beyond awesome! Whoever did it used ultra-thin threads and the detail, materials, and craftsmanship are totally exquisite. Definitely not made in China or Bangladesh for certain.