MANOWAR - Gods of War

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
sovdat

MANOWAR - Gods of War

Post by sovdat »

Out now!

I'm going to listen it now! You? :)
ION BRITTON

Re: MANOWAR - Gods of War

Post by ION BRITTON »

sovdat wrote:Out now!

I'm going to listen it now! You? :)
Maybe...If i find the time...Don't know...The last couple of albums were very disappointing...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Whoa! 3/4 of it is in "The Warriors Prayer" vein, and the rest is somewhere in the middle, although it doesn't really sound like real Manowar anymore (maybe closer to bands like Rhapsody?? Can't tell 'cause I never really cared for the flower power scene). Adams still has it but even he isn't the same anymore.
Personally, I liked half of Warriors album maybe even more than everything Manowar eved did before (save for Battle Hymns and Hail and Kill), while the other half wes definitely the bottom of their carrer - Gods of War doesn't never get that low, though, but it seems that even the best parts of it are just the most average stuff out there. Well, that's my opinion after the first listen - I need to listen to some Kings of Metal stuff now :)
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

sovdat wrote: although it doesn't really sound like real Manowar anymore (maybe closer to bands like Rhapsody?? )
:shock:
PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!
:evil:
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Well, it still has that Manowar feeling but ...

"Again, no synths, no pedals, no wimps, just power, metal and might" - Kings of Metal album
Gods of War has more synths than guitars!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Well, I'm just finishing a first listening.
I like it better than Warriors of the World, the epc touch is back !!!
But there's too much intro and orchestral stuff and only 5 or 6 real metallic tracks which shows a real lack of inspiration.
I'll rate this album 6/10.
mordred

Post by mordred »

This is quite shocking.
I always believed that if he wanted too, Joey Demaio could create majestic epic metal of titanic quality again. My Manowar heart lies with epic behemoths like "Secrets of Steel", "Battle Hymn", "Guyana", "Revelation" and the like. I thought that, because he has this stupid attitude of doing it all for the fans, and most fans are retarded and wanting bullshit like "Number one", "Brothers of Metal" and "Warriors of the World United", that's what he gives them. But on this release he goes somewhat into the epic, grand battle metal territory of old, and most songs are absolutely lame. I guess he couldn't even if he wanted to. More or less, "The Sons of Odin" is the only song worth listening to here. I'll file Manowar under "has beens" from now on.

The upcoming MANILLA ROAD is gonna smash this to pieces...
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Second Listening : the guitar sound is too fuckin' weak !!
The production is way too "light" and it weakens the epic touch !!
The bonus track "Die for Metal" is so ridiculous but I'm drunk and I like it !!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

"For Heavy Metal We Will Die"

So fucking true !!!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Just remember Manowar are like Kiss & it's all about business!!!

They are only interested in making money & exploiting the European fans who (for reasons I cannot understand) worship these old men & the cheesy rubbish music they now create :D

Sorry, I'm not the biggest Manowar fan... I do like 'Hail To England' tho'... is that ok? :)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Korgüll wrote: Sorry, I'm not the biggest Manowar fan... I do like 'Hail To England' tho'... is that ok? :)
OK, we will not crucify you, but what about "Sign of the hammer" and "Into glory ride"?!? :? Be careful with your answers now! :lol:

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

ION BRITTON wrote:OK, we will not crucify you, but what about "Sign of the hammer" and "Into glory ride"?!? :? Be careful with your answers now! :lol:
haha! OK I better be careful :D

Look, I was never ever blown away by Manowar...maybe it's being Aussie???? I always found them a little fake & cheesy... yessssss I know it's all about TRUE metal and so on & some of their songs were pretty good, but at the time I always had more time for DIO, OZZY, VH, VANDENBERG, PRIEST, SAVATAGE, BOC to name a few...

I do like the song Warriors Of The World tho'! :D
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Yes i am big MANOWAR fan but only about their 4 first releases and TRIUMPH OF STEEL.The other releases ''Kings Of Metal'',''Fighting The World'',''Louder Than Hell'' don't like it actually.My favourite MANOWAR record is Into Glory Ride''.The ''Warriors Of The World'' have hear some tracks some dissapointing and one or two interesting.About ''Gods Of Fire'' i doubt about that it will be a good record due to the fact that it includes a lot of slow and keyboards/synth/ballads tracks which don't like actually.Eric promised to sung a song in Greek!!! but he said he postponed it because he found it difficult,and additionally he promised that the next Manowar album will be devoted to Greek thematology 8)
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

Korgüll wrote:Look, I was never ever blown away by Manowar...maybe it's being Aussie???? I always found them a little fake & cheesy... yessssss I know it's all about TRUE metal and so on & some of their songs were pretty good, but at the time I always had more time for DIO, OZZY, VH, VANDENBERG, PRIEST, SAVATAGE, BOC to name a few...D
It's the same here. Except for the first three albums, the rest is mostly lame IMO, and not that metallic souding too.
Gott ist tot.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

OK, i listened to it two days ago, it's a truly fucking crap. Their worst and lamest release by far, fucking boring, fucking monotonous, unbelievably uninspired, those tons of intros/preludes/interludes/etc a la Virgin Steele were bloody awful, i don't think i'll listen to any ''new'' Manowar stuff again. R.I.P.