Dust 016 Street Child EP + 3

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

This is definitely great news. I love being able to replace my bootlegs with official stuff. I know that I'm late to the party on this one but I've only heard about this re-issue about a week or so ago due to being away from the internet for the last while. Anyways, I was looking for more information on this release and realized that BBTAD doesn't have an official website, or at least one that's easily found?

When is this being released?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
quietus

Post by quietus »

Tomorrow.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Cool.

How come BBTAD doesn't have an official website?
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
quietus

Post by quietus »

Avenger wrote:Cool.

We:

A) Are Lazy
B) Cheap
C) Think the internet is gay
D) Are working on it.

:lol:
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

quietus wrote:

We:

A) Are Lazy
B) Cheap
D) Are working on it.

"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

quietus wrote:

We:

A) Are Lazy
B) Cheap
D) Are working on it.

Is this a multiple choice?Should I choose only one?You should put an E)All the above otherise :wink:
Never trust the Goblin King....
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

i dont care how lazy or cheap you are...thank you for making my reissue fantasies come true

make a shirt saying i *heart* BBTAD :lol:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Which distros will carry this? I need it, pronto.
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

So Far, La Forja, HHO,Hells Headbangers,Svart
Khnud wrote:Which distros will carry this? I need it, pronto.
daniel

Post by daniel »

I thought you didn't buy vinyl Avenger??

Got this now. Looks great :) The cover surely is ultra-thick haha. It's a pleasure no changes have been made to the cover, it would ruin the whole feeling. Was interesting to read Josh Silver helped out with the recording of the EP.

Btw, how come 'Black Mourning' wasn't included?

Now that I have the reissue I don't feel as compelled to own the original anymore, it was a strange feeling that came over me, but was wondering what the hell it would really be like owning something that expensive, I might be scared to play it haha.

Now we need similar 1:1 reissues of the Image EP, Stonehenge 12" and the Hammeron LP :D ;) After that I can find peace.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

daniel wrote:I thought you didn't buy vinyl Avenger??

Got this now. Looks great :) The cover surely is ultra-thick haha. It's a pleasure no changes have been made to the cover, it would ruin the whole feeling. Was interesting to read Josh Silver helped out with the recording of the EP.

Btw, how come 'Black Mourning' wasn't included?

Now that I have the reissue I don't feel as compelled to own the original anymore, it was a strange feeling that came over me, but was wondering what the hell it would really be like owning something that expensive, I might be scared to play it haha.

Now we need similar 1:1 reissues of the Image EP, Stonehenge 12" and the Hammeron LP :D ;) After that I can find peace.

I`d more gladly see the official reissues of Warzwolf, Heathens Rage and Tantrum, but to each his own...
daniel

Post by daniel »

Well I have Tantrum and Heathens Rage so can't agree on that ;) Warzwolf would be cool though, though it's a patchy record. Image is one of the best metal records ever, even better than Street Child.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

daniel wrote:I thought you didn't buy vinyl Avenger??
Sometimes I make a few odd exceptions especially because it's for a good cause.

I'm still crossing my fingures that a license deal is struck for a CD version though.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

daniel wrote:
Now I need to hear Image!! Street Child, Stonehenge and Hammeron are my top wants as well. :wink:
Krowley

Post by Krowley »

Hi all. My name is Nelson Wakefield, lead guitarist for Street Child. I just did a Google search and came across this post. I can't believe that there is still interest in this EP 20 years later. Blows my mind! We used to give these things away by the stackful at shows! Never saw a dime for any of 'em. We just loved playing and making music. BBTAD did a great job with the release! Lots of pix from one of our first shows at the Limelight in NYC. The Limelight is an old church that was converted to a club. It's now a shopping boutique...times have certainly changed...

I see a lot of interest in "Black Mourning" and would love to record this again for the fans that are still out there. I wrote the lyrics to that song while waiting for a train in Grand Central Station. Good times.

Would love to hear from you guys. We've been posting stuff on Facebook and we're hoping to have a more formal site in the months to come. But I'm just having a blast finding sites like these! You guys are the best!

Stay cool. Stay true. Stay Metal!

Nelson Wakefield
You've breathed your last breath, death awaits...in the Temple of Set!