Dust 016 Street Child EP + 3

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Keir

Post by Keir »

Ordered mine from Hell's Headbangers yesterday. Can't wait to get it!
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

I am anxiously waiting for the LP to arrive, as i am very curious to listen to the bonus tracks. By the way, any Greek interested in the LP can mail me since me and a friend ordered some copies, so...
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Got the Street Child this week, very nice pkg. I like the heavy cover*. It is a very tight cover- getting the booklet out was very difficult. Looks and sounds great. THe bonus tracks are good and very much in keeping with the vibe of the orig EP tracks. 'State of THings' is probably my favorite of the 3 new tracks on 1st impression.

Also finally got the Max Planck LP; sounds amazing! Maybe this was alerady addressed, but were the mp3s that have been circulated slightly sped up? Seems like the songs on the LP are just a bit slower. This isn't a complaint; they sound incredible on vinyl!

Solstice is ordered.

* Q: pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does the phrase 'case-wrapped sleeve' refer to? Is it just the technical term for 'really thick cover' or is it something more specific? Thanks.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
quietus

Post by quietus »

The mastering on the Max Planck vinyl is the correct speed, the internet stuff was sped upa bit.

Case wrapping is the pressing plant term for the heavy thick covers, you are correct.

Thanks for support!
quietus

Post by quietus »

New blog available below. Wer'd.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

quietus wrote:The mastering on the Max Planck vinyl is the correct speed, the internet stuff was sped upa bit.

Case wrapping is the pressing plant term for the heavy thick covers, you are correct.

Thanks for support!
Thanks for the info!

Got the Solstice a few days ago- awesome packaging, the thing weighs more than 3-4 'normal' records :lol:

Q: One thing I'm noticing with the case-wrapped covers is that the booklets seem to get stuck inside them; it took a bit of work to get the booklets slid out of both Street Child and Solstice. Is that somehow related to the cover thickness, or did I just happen to get copies where the booklets somehow got wedged in funny? Not complaining, just curious
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

The booklets were sometimes difficult because of that thin glossy stock on the booklets that we did not approve.We got GZ'd.
nightsblood wrote: Thanks for the info!

Got the Solstice a few days ago- awesome packaging, the thing weighs more than 3-4 'normal' records :lol:

Q: One thing I'm noticing with the case-wrapped covers is that the booklets seem to get stuck inside them; it took a bit of work to get the booklets slid out of both Street Child and Solstice. Is that somehow related to the cover thickness, or did I just happen to get copies where the booklets somehow got wedged in funny? Not complaining, just curious
Edited the quote/ION