Dust 016 Street Child EP + 3

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

pretty cool to have original members posting here! cheers Nelson,glad BBTAD reissued this!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

No, thank you, Nelson, for making such great music all those years ago. Actually, your original EP is one of the most sought after 80's metal releases of today, and can fetch a very large amount of $$ if sold on ebay. Needless to say, most of us can't afford an original copy (like me), so this re-release has been eagerly anticipated for quite some time!
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

I totally agree with what Khnud said, fantastic to hear from you directly Nelson and reading your signature really made my day. So cool that you still stand by what you guys did over twenty years ago. STREET CHILD is a timeless killer piece of heavy metal, i love "Temple Of Set", "Building A Wall" and "Street Child". Sorry to hear that you didn't get one cent for your records, which is of course weird if you look at the price today.

BTW, don't be surprised if you'll find dozens of private messages from collectors asking if you still have spare copies to sell. :wink:
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Hi Nelson-
Thanks for taking the time to post some info here, we appreciate it! 'Street CHild' is a really cool EP, and like many others here, I'm eagerly awaiting the reissue's release :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

Alan, Street Child was released last week.

nightsblood wrote:Hi Nelson-
Thanks for taking the time to post some info here, we appreciate it! 'Street CHild' is a really cool EP, and like many others here, I'm eagerly awaiting the reissue's release :)
daniel

Post by daniel »

Here's a photo. As you can see it looks the business :)

Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Krowley

Post by Krowley »

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. If I had known how much these relics would have attracted, I never would have parted with them so easily. I think I have one opened disc sitting in a closet somewhere. The rest we gave to family, friends, and anyone who attended our live shows. When they were gone...that was it.

I keep in touch with the guys even though we're no longer bandmates. I probably email or IM Rob on a daily basis. He was the best man at my wedding. I talk to Jess pretty frequently too. Ralph got married and moved to Las Vegas. We get together once in awhile and frag on COD4 on our PS3s...LOL! They're like brothers to me and we'll be friends for the rest of our lives.

We've actually discussed doing some writing again and who knows? Maybe there's still a SCII in us before we die...heh...

Thanks for all the support. We've heard about the fame of the EP over the years but we never really believed it. I'm glad you guys are out there.

- Nelson
You've breathed your last breath, death awaits...in the Temple of Set!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Buried By Time and Dust wrote:Alan, Street Child was released last week.
Sweet! Just pm'ed you :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Ordered my copy yesterday!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

ION BRITTON wrote:Ordered my copy yesterday!
Me too and welcome to the board Krowley!!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
quietus

Post by quietus »

Welcome Nelson!!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Hello Nelson,

Great album.

A CD version would be appreciated.

I'm sure that it would also push more copies than vinyl.

That is all. :wink:
Last edited by Avenger on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
SCBASS

Post by SCBASS »

Hello people. My name is Rob Origlio,bassist for Street Child.Nelson told me about the forum so I wanted to just say hi and thanks for all the kind words. It makes us feel so honored to know that you guys are out there after all this time. Enjoy the release.

Up The Irons!

Rob
pzman

Post by pzman »

Nice to hear from you guys - Nelson and Rob. Heard it once and its a great EP so thanks for the music guys.
Like avenger says, please make a CD version available if possible for those of us non-vinyl folks he he
Eon

Post by Eon »

Ordered this (along with some other goodies) from High Roller last week, and can't wait to pick it up at the post office.