Live Evil Festival in London

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Louise

Live Evil Festival in London

Post by Louise »

Is anyone coming to the Live Evil Festival in London in October? I'm helping put it on and wondered if anyone was travelling over for it, especially since there's some love for Ghost on this forum already.

The festival is curated by Fenriz but in typical misanthropic style he won't actually be there, ha ha. But these bands will:

Angel Witch
Vulcano
Hooded Menace
Ramesses
Ghost
Obliteration
Natur
Deathhammer
Grave Desecrator
Nekromantheon
Diskord
Korgull The Exterminator
Sonic Ritual
Children Of Technology
Salute
Speedtrap
Occvlta

There's also gonna be a bunch of pre and aftershow parties, no doubt I'll be DJing. It should be fun, the lineup is varied but that allows for a lot of gaps for record shopping in Camden :)

www.myspace.com/liveevilfestival
www.last.fm/festival/1398194+Live+Evil+2010
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?ei ... 184&ref=ts
Bane

Post by Bane »

I'll be traveling from Dublin for it. I can't make Hammer of Doom this year so this will hopefully make up for it in some shape or form. I find all this "curator" nonsense utterly pretentious though. As a friend of mine put it - exhibitions have curators, not Metal festivals. Any Metal fan remotely into the underground doesn't need to be spoon-fed "Fenriz approved" bands, the same way as people involved with organising a festival shouldn't need to be spoon-fed a line-up.
msp

Post by msp »

A Metal Festival curator is all a bit "All Tomorrow's Parties" / WIRE magazine chin stroking in my view.

I'm going to Hammer of Doom instead. The chance to see Solitude Aeturnus is too good to pass up.

- Matt
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Bane

Post by Bane »

Solitude Aeturnus were amazing at HOA. The bands I'm really pissed off I'll be missing are Sorcerer and Iron Man. I just can't afford another trip to Germany this year :(
Louise

Post by Louise »

Bane, I totally agree with you but as a promoter it certainly helps define a remit if you have a curator. If you promote fests you'll know what I mean, as you make a wish list that goes on forever. And when it comes to booking bands it's easier to explain they're being asked on the request of someone like Fenriz rather than "oi mate, I like your band, will you play my fest" ha ha.

And this is meant to be a one-off thing, just a fun celebration of his blog but despite that early, crazy, kinda drunken idea it's become something much bigger than the guys putting it on ever envisaged and I think stands on it's own now without the "gimmick". That's almost become a sidenote now.

If you think about it, all fests have a 'curator' whether is be Yosuke for NWN or Dan at Kill-Town, just cos it's Fenriz doesn't make it anymore or less desirable. What's important is that we have good opportunity to watch awesome bands and get wankered with friends over one weekend in October :)
Zuul

Post by Zuul »

a couple of us thought about it, just to see Ghost and Sonic Ritual. Would be interesting to see how Ghost pull it off live and we really like Sonic Ritual.
jared

Post by jared »

would love to see salute
Louise

Post by Louise »

Come down Jared, Natur and Blackholicus were missed off my original list!
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Are Blackholicus still playing this? I know they were mentioned before but I don't see them mentioned on the myspace page now.
Louise

Post by Louise »

You're right, let me find out, I don't even know who's playing now :)
jedifart

Post by jedifart »

Really interesting line-up... good to see something like this in London.

I'll most likely be at Hammer of Doom, but if for any reason that doesn't happen, I'll go to this instead for sure.
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

That sounds like a really killer festival. I'd be there if I lived in Europe haha
Louise

Post by Louise »

Come over and bring your band :)
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Wish I still stayed in London for a year or so... :(