Headbangers Open Air 2010

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Nonseinormale65

Headbangers Open Air 2010

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

I split the old thread so this one would be exclusively for HOA 2010 /aDmiN

From Falcon's myspace :cry: :cry: :cry: :

"Falcon News - January 2010
It has come to our attention that the Headbanger's Open Air Festival has been advertising a confirmed appearance by "Greg Lindstrom and Friends" on their 2010 bill and Falcon on the HOA Warm-Up gig. This is not true.

While the HOA fest did contact us and discuss the possibility of Falcon (Greg Lindstrom, Perry Grayson and Darin McCloskey) playing a set of Cirith Ungol classics at the fest itself and a full Falcon set at the Warm-Up gig, no contracts were ever signed and no flights were booked. No offense to the HOA organizers, but these arrangements were never confirmed. HOA tickets were, however, sold under the pretense that "Greg Lindstrom and Friends" would be performing. In the music business agreements are made in writing via contracts. Until the paper is signed by both parties nothing is confirmed. I am always on top of posting news on our various sites and making press releases. If any gig or event is ever confirmed the news gets posted quickly. You'll all notice that there was never an announcement made by me or any of the other Falcon members regarding HOA 2010. That is because there was no confirmation. It is best not to count your chickens before they hatch. Read: "don't get ahead of yourselves."

We regret that Cirith Ungol and Falcon fans were in any way misled, but that is out of our control. Thanks for understanding!

Best Heavy Rawkin' Wishes for 2010 and Beyond,

Perry
(on behalf of Greg Lindstrom and Darin McCloskey)"

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Crap!
GJ

Post by GJ »

Guess they could have been a little bit faster from the Lindstrom/Falcon side of things too (if this means they aren't going there). This was announced during the 2009 festival for god's sake!

Should be a new thread btw.
apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

Festival and Airplane Tickets booked! :P
Anyone going?
nabel

Post by nabel »

I'll be there if I have my summer holidays at the time. I still have a job! ;)
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

apollo.ra wrote:Festival and Airplane Tickets booked! :P
Anyone going?
Oh yes, even though the CU tribute cancellation was a big setback for me.
Bane

Post by Bane »

I'll be there along with the usual Micks.
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

I'll be there with the usual bunch of Aussie scumbags and hard drinking sheilas
apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

ANGEL DUST announced! Bloody hell :twisted:
nabel

Post by nabel »

Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Why oh why an official forum for such festival has to be in German? Image
GJ

Post by GJ »

stormspell wrote:Why oh why an official forum for such festival has to be in German? Image
Yet we still have to thank them for not using alternative singers hidden behind the stage to sing german translations lipsynched with the ones on stage?

"Böse, mit Satan im Bunde"
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

GJ wrote:
stormspell wrote:Why oh why an official forum for such festival has to be in German? Image
Yet we still have to thank them for not using alternative singers hidden behind the stage to sing german translations lipsynched with the ones on stage?

"Böse, mit Satan im Bunde"
What?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
GJ

Post by GJ »

Avenger wrote:What?
One of the advantages belonging to a small language group (as is the case with Swedish) is that you actually have to learn other languages in order to make yourself understood around the world. And in Sweden, as opposed to in Germany, foreign language movies aren't dubbed. That's why my "thankfulness". A joke, abeit not a very funny one.

Btw, I let Google translate the Venom song. Pretty good job (for once).
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

GJ wrote:
Avenger wrote:What?
One of the advantages belonging to a small language group (as is the case with Swedish) is that you actually have to learn other languages in order to make yourself understood around the world. And in Sweden, as opposed to in Germany, foreign language movies aren't dubbed. That's why my "thankfulness". A joke, abeit not a very funny one.

Btw, I let Google translate the Venom song. Pretty good job (for once).
Yeah, but what about this part?
GJ wrote:Yet we still have to thank them for not using alternative singers hidden behind the stage to sing german translations lipsynched with the ones on stage?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."