Montreal is Doomed! Festival w/ Pagan Altar, Blood Ceremony

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Satannick

Montreal is Doomed! Festival w/ Pagan Altar, Blood Ceremony

Post by Satannick »

Montreal is Doomed! is the first doom metal mini-festival in Quebec, Canada. This edition features an exclusive show by NWOBHM/Trad Doom legends PAGAN ALTAR - which also happens to be their long awaited first visit on American territory! Opening are Blood Ceremony (Rise Above Records), Revelation (Shadow Kingdom Records) and Cauchemar (Nuclear War Now! Prods).

PAGAN ALTAR
NWOBHM/Trad Doom legends
Exclusive first show outside Europe!
http://www.myspace.com/paganaltar

and

BLOOD CEREMONY
Rise Above Records
(Doomy heavy rock)
http://www.myspace.com/bloodceremony

REVELATION
Shadow Kingdom Records
(Pure doom from Maryland)
http://www.myspace.com/revelationdoom

CAUCHEMAR
Nuclear War Now! Productions
(Doomy heavy metal)
http://www.myspace.com/cauchemarmetal

Saturday December 4th
@ Katacombes
8:00 PM – 3AM / 18+ / 25 $
1635, St-Laurent Blvd
Montréal, QC Canada

Tickets:
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/118471
Last edited by Satannick on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hellride Mike

Post by Hellride Mike »

Damn! That's a killer line up!
dford

Post by dford »

Jesus Christ, would I love to attend this, hopefully I wouldn't be working. Where is the venue, can't make out that address and how close is it to the airport.
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Thanks Mike! Haha.

Mr. Ford, the venue is the Katacombes - located downtown Montreal. It's about 40$ of taxi or 15$ taking the shuttle bus.

The address is: 1635, St-Laurent Street

You can check out their "website" here: http://www.myspace.com/katacombes

I am very excited for this show hehe, I'm totally treating myself that night!
dford

Post by dford »

Thanks for the info, hope I can make it, maybe I'll see you there. By the way it's Darren, calling me Mister makes me feel older than I am!
Gruesome Greg

Post by Gruesome Greg »

Ticket purchased... Will be making the 6-hour drive, erm, bus ride from Toronto to Montreal for this. Pagan fuckin' Altar!!!! :twisted: :mrgreen: :!:
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

dford wrote:Thanks for the info, hope I can make it, maybe I'll see you there. By the way it's Darren, calling me Mister makes me feel older than I am!
Haha sorry Darren, didn't mean to make you feel old! Metal keeps us young anyway.

Glad to see that you will try to make it... if you can, come see me at the DJ booth and we'll have a beer! BTW, my friend Izzy from New Brunswick will be coming as well, so you guys will be two maritime doomsters at the show!! :D
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Gruesome Greg wrote:Ticket purchased... Will be making the 6-hour drive, erm, bus ride from Toronto to Montreal for this. Pagan fuckin' Altar!!!! :twisted: :mrgreen: :!:
Killer Greg, I saw you had purchased the ticket. Thanks for the support!!! There are tons of people coming from Toronto to Montreal like Dave (Rammer), Kimpaler and other guys... maybe you could save on costs and ride together! Haha... doom metal road trip!

In any case, see you in a few months!!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Just curious: is this the first time PAGAN ALTAR will be playing overseas?
I'm just stoked to see that such an old, great & unique band get to spread the gospel and travel the world, more or less purely by word-of-mouth and not through media-hype or whatever.. :)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Satannick wrote:which also happens to be their long awaited first visit on American territory!
I'm confused, I thought this show was in Montreal?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Avenger wrote:
Satannick wrote:which also happens to be their long awaited first visit on American territory!
I'm confused, I thought this show was in Montreal?
Oops, sorry for my very old school terms haha, America for me means North America, Central America and South America at the same time.
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

DaN wrote:Just curious: is this the first time PAGAN ALTAR will be playing overseas?
I'm just stoked to see that such an old, great & unique band get to spread the gospel and travel the world, more or less purely by word-of-mouth and not through media-hype or whatever.. :)
Yup, first time! I'm also really fucking proud of that, of course.
Gruesome Greg

Post by Gruesome Greg »

Satannick wrote:
Gruesome Greg wrote:Ticket purchased... Will be making the 6-hour drive, erm, bus ride from Toronto to Montreal for this. Pagan fuckin' Altar!!!! :twisted: :mrgreen: :!:
Killer Greg, I saw you had purchased the ticket. Thanks for the support!!! There are tons of people coming from Toronto to Montreal like Dave (Rammer), Kimpaler and other guys... maybe you could save on costs and ride together! Haha... doom metal road trip!

In any case, see you in a few months!!!
Well, I did tell Sean to save me some space in the van, heh heh...

I've bussed it to Montreal before, and it's not too bad. Fare's only a buck when you book enough in advance, and the Station centrale is right downtown and connected to the subway... But since I don't own an iPod, there wouldn't be any doom on the bus--unless I bust out my old school Discman--which would be a good reason to catch a ride with someone. Still lotsa time to get things sorted out, in that regard. :twisted:
jedifart

Post by jedifart »

Satannick wrote:
DaN wrote:Just curious: is this the first time PAGAN ALTAR will be playing overseas?
Yup, first time! I'm also really fucking proud of that, of course.
Hehe... that sounds funny... I know that you actually mean it's their first time across the Atlantic, but being an island-based band, every gig they've played outside of the UK has been overseas (over this way, we'd refer to anything on the European mainland as 'overseas').

Anyway, I'm not ruling out my chances of travelling to this. After Hammer of Doom, I'll be checking flights to see if it's possible.
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Mairtin, it would rule so much if you could come to this gig!!! Your country mate Lorcan is going to be at the gig as well - don't know if you know him but I guess the metal scene is probably tight as hell in Ireland. Haha!

If you decide to come, let me know and I'll give you tons of plugs to visit the city, etc.

Cheers!!

Annick