Montreal is Doomed! Festival w/ Pagan Altar, Blood Ceremony

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Lama wrote:
Satannick wrote:19 days left!

GOOD NEWS!!! Pagan Altar will perform a special 2 hour+ set, which will include "Vol. 1" in its entirety; featuring their occult visual theatrics - a first since their early 80's days!
I really hope for you guys and girls that they don't dissapoint. I've seen them here in Belgium last year and it seriously was one of the worst things I've ever witnessed!!! So cross fingers! :wink:
Is that so? First I hear of that, and I know alot of people that saw them live. Maybe it was a bad day for them or something? I saw them when they got back together in 2007 at the ULU and they were fucking incredible. Terry told me that they've been rehearsing non-stop for weeks and that they never sounded better with the line-up they presently have. Who knows, we will see it on december 4th!
jedifart

Post by jedifart »

Montreal will be my 7th time seeing them and they've been stunning on each of the previous 6 occasions. The Belgian gig must have been a once-off... I guess you were unlucky, Lama. Give them a go again if you get another opportunity.
Lama

Post by Lama »

jedifart wrote:Montreal will be my 7th time seeing them and they've been stunning on each of the previous 6 occasions. The Belgian gig must have been a once-off... I guess you were unlucky, Lama. Give them a go again if you get another opportunity.
I will, I will...

I guess they had an off-day. Can happen. I wasn't the only one who didn't like it. Andreas and Tomas were also there and we share the same opinion about that gig. I left after 5 songs. I don't know about Andreas, but Tomas was DJ that evening, and he was stuck at the DJ-booth somewhere above the stage at the right side. He had to witness the full 2 hours Pagan Altar was on stage :lol: He told me that it didn't got any better after my departure.
Kampel Destruction
malegys

Post by malegys »

I've never rated em at all,even on LP/CD..very very dull band who only got a break due to their "cult unknown" status. Like so many other bands out there. They should have stayed in 1982 :lol:
"Do you like Wenom?"
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

malegys wrote:I've never rated em at all,even on LP/CD..very very dull band who only got a break due to their "cult unknown" status. Like so many other bands out there. They should have stayed in 1982 :lol:
You just don't get it. I'm sorry, but Vol 1 as well as most songs on Lords of Hypocrisy, Magical & Mystical and The Time Lord Ep are nothing short of brilliant. The riffs are so out there, so magical and so powerful. They are a brilliant band with talented musicians. But then again, some people have different tastes.
quietus

Post by quietus »

Too right Annick, ignore the fag. Ive seen em twice,both being magical nights of heavy metal beyond description.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

So, anyone who doesn't like Pagan Altar is now a 'fag'?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
malegys

Post by malegys »

Oh yeah..I'm a fag who doesn't understand heavy metal. Fair enough :lol:
They are still dull,which is obviously the reason why NO ONE had heard of em after 1982 except for a handfull of die-hard collectors/nwobhm freaks. They simply bore the arse off me (When it's not being pounded by another "fag"). Too bad i forgot to mention that some of their fans aint the brightest of the bunch either.
"Do you like Wenom?"
quietus

Post by quietus »

ION BRITTON wrote:So, anyone who doesn't like Pagan Altar is now a 'fag'?
No, I don't give two fucks who like PA and who don't. I do care about when someone chimes in on a gig thread where someone has invested a ton of their own time and money and sweat to purposely slag the band then advising the band what they should have done.

This is a gig promotion thread if you don't like PA'S albums that's the place to be specific about it. To dissuade people from attending the gig for the sake of cleverness is bullshit in my book.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

quietus wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:So, anyone who doesn't like Pagan Altar is now a 'fag'?
No, I don't give two fucks who like PA and who don't. I do care about when someone chimes in on a gig thread where someone has invested a ton of their own time and money and sweat to purposely slag the band then advising the band what they should have done.

This is a gig promotion thread if you don't like PA'S albums that's the place to be specific about it. To dissuade people from attending the gig for the sake of cleverness is bullshit in my book.
At the same time, it's encouraged that members speak their minds and discuss freely what they feel here. Calling everyone a "fag" that does such just because they don't happen to share the same opinion as you do is "bulllshit in my book". I'm not saying that I agree that the band sucks, but if they do to some people, why not say so?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

that band is magic for me,unique as no other....didnt know until now of people who could talk shit about them :?

i still think PA is one of the bands i really need to see live before the world ends in 2012 :lol:
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Sorry I'm a little late, but yeah, the show was a huge success!! What a great everything it was! For a first real doom metal show in Montreal, it went extremely well. We had tons of people traveling from all over North America - and some from Europe - including our man Fart himself! It was a total blast, and I broke even - which makes it even more perfect. Every band that played was fucking amazing, and the three hour set from Pagan Altar completely blew everyone away...

In any case, here is a little word Terry from Pagan Altar wanted me to post as a thank you:

On behalf of all the bands that played at the 'Montreal is doomed' festival we would like to thank Annick and everyone concerned with the organizing and general running of a festival that for us all has been a highlight of the year. The crowd's reaction and enthusiasm to all the bands involved was first class and our reception was far in excess of anything we could have imagined and was on a par with our gig in Greece a few years ago and that is one Hell of an accolade.

We would also like to thank the audience, many of whom traveled great distances to be there, for their welcome on our first trip to the American continent and that was certainly appreciated by us all. So much so in fact that should the opportunity ever arise again for us to return at some stage we would jump at the chance!
We hope everyone enjoyed the whole experience as much as we did because that would be the icing on the cake and makes it all worthwhile!

Thanks!

Alan, Deano, Luke, Marcus and Terry
Pagan Altar
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

I'm really glad it went well Annick and all your efforts paid off. Are you planning on putting on more shows next year or was this a one-off?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Aiden wrote:I'm really glad it went well Annick and all your efforts paid off. Are you planning on putting on more shows next year or was this a one-off?
I'm guessing that it was a one-off show since she's leaving to travel Europe shortly.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw8yre9Rfvo

Ha,ha,ha.Annick supply ceremony with candles :lol: Nice job,BTW for organizing such event.