Behemoth(SWE) reformed as DEATHWINGS

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
DaN
Administructor

Behemoth(SWE) reformed as DEATHWINGS

Post by DaN »

This just in:
myspace wrote:Deathwings (former Behemoth) released our first single Deathwings/Vengeance on Bullet Records UK in 1982. Other bands on the label were Wrathchild, Pretty Maids, Black Rose, Le Griffe, Silverwing, Chrome Molly and Taipan. The band split short after, but now we are rocking again after 25 years… Our name was swiped by a bunch of polish kids with expensive L.A. lawyers so we had to change our name to Deathwings. We are recording 15 new songs and we are planning to release our new record in early 2010. Sirre and Roger played in the original band and new members are Leo on bass and Martin and Jorgen on guitars. We were part of the N.W.O.B.H.M. in the early eighties and now we are starting our own wave, N.W.O.S.H.M., The New Wave of Sundsvall Heavy Metal...
I'm at work and can't check out the clips so I'll give you a head start. Boooh? Aaarrgh?

DEATHWINGS
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I've heard the first three tracks, first track was ok, the second one mediocre and the third one horrible. I'll pass without hesitation.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
GJ

Post by GJ »

Seems a bit too "gubbrock" for comfort (at least it isn't thrashy...).
Guess they need to revisit those old Lucifer/Angelwitch alleys they once took inspiration from.

Hope they will play live in Sundsvall though since I was only ten years old back in 82!
mordred

Post by mordred »

Zzzzzzzzzzzz :(
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Incidentally, I have their first single for sale in the sale section on this forum. But it will probably sell any minute now.
DMR

Post by DMR »

Sounds like good-time party rock. Lame.

Hopefully someone will get in touch with them and release their old stuff on CD. Stormspell? Shadow Kingdom? Duty is calling!
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Oh my! "Gubbrock-ish" riffs, horrible lyrics "I'm gonna get screwed, brewed and tattooed tonight" and embarrassing delivery. Over all it's million miles from Behemoth. I'll pass.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Have you ever wondered if obscure bands that released one or two killer releases would continue the same way if they were offered back then a good contract by one of the bigger/major labels releasing something more than a 7" or an EP or a demo?
Listening to crap like this one here, I'd say that I'm VERY glad that many acts stayed in obscurity without being able to release something more.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

ION BRITTON wrote:Have you ever wondered if obscure bands that released one or two killer releases would continue the same way if they were offered back then a good contract by one of the bigger/major labels releasing something more than a 7" or an EP or a demo?
Listening to crap like this one here, I'd say that I'm VERY glad that many acts stayed in obscurity without being able to release something more.
Yeah, if they had a true heavy metal maniac in their ranks, it's usually just the one. Leading the band to split(see Holocaust).

Most of these bands that are tracked down and release an anthology with a 'later' demo you get case in point.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Yeah I know, more often than not that 'later' unreleased material turns out to be really awful. I am simply posing the question for further discussion...

DMR

Post by DMR »

By the way, what is "gubbrock"?
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

DMR wrote:By the way, what is "gubbrock"?
Unless my svenska is even worse than I thought, gubb is swedish word for "old man". So gubbrock must be the musical equivalent for a dusty old pub chair.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

The Erlking wrote:
Unless my svenska is even worse than I thought, gubb is swedish word for "old man". So gubbrock must be the musical equivalent for a dusty old pub chair.
It's Dan's comment every time he looks through my bag for the records I've bought.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
The Erlking wrote:
It's Dan's comment every time he looks through my bag for the records I've bought.
Haha, well, whatever it is, if this is what it sounds like, it sucks.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Tobiee

Post by Tobiee »

You also say that Ac/Dc is gubbrock so not all bands thats being called gubbrock sucks but this one did, big time-