After Midnight Live and Crystal Logic (re-/released on CD)

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
GJ

After Midnight Live and Crystal Logic (re-/released on CD)

Post by GJ »

...on Shadow Kingdom if Mark Shelton's statement on their Fountain Street site is correct. Anyway, I just want to let it be known that I'd prefer the original track list even if that means leaving out the great Flaming Metal Systems completely (as it would feel a bit awkward having it playing after the world collapsing! :D ). Maybe a separate single release of that track (plus some live/rehearsal/demo stuff from around the same time) would be a nice way to make it available for those missing out on the "original" cd re-release?

Those were my two cents for what it's worth... Oh and I'm looking forward to seeing both skulls joined up for this.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Yes, this stuff is being worked on.

I will be moving the track list on Crystal Logic to it's proper order with the bonus at the end where it belongs, that was already a requirement before we signed the deal. :wink:

Sorry to say there are no other rehersals, bonus, live stuff at the moment. If Mark finds more bonus in the future we'll add it, but for now we're putting out what we got.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Will be a treat to add these to my Manillasoleum.
mordred

Post by mordred »

I've kind of gotten used to having Flaming Metal System where it is on the cd release.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
DMR

Post by DMR »

mordred wrote:I've kind of gotten used to having Flaming Metal System where it is on the cd release.
Me too. Dreams of Eschaton is such a great conclusion for the album, it wouldn't seem right to put a bonus track after it.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Oh jeez here we go again.

People want the correct order of the tracks and they don't want the correct order of the tracks.

I think we should all just be happy if we get ALL the tracks. I think that's the most important, because as a label, I'm never going to make everyone happy and bands have their own agendas too.
nabel

Post by nabel »

Get the sound fixed, cd version of CL sounds like band is drowned in mud while recording it.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

DMR wrote:
mordred wrote:I've kind of gotten used to having Flaming Metal System where it is on the cd release.
Me too. Dreams of Eschaton is such a great conclusion for the album, it wouldn't seem right to put a bonus track after it.
So it should be in the middle? Like that makes sense.

I usually skip the bonus tracks of a release on a regular listen, so to me it's easier if the bonus tracks are at the end of it.

If the sound on CL get's a improvement I might consider picking it up, otherwise I'm happy with my old version. Don't have After Midnight yet, so if I don't come accross the vinyl version in the meantime I'll probably pick the CD up.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:Oh jeez here we go again.

People want the correct order of the tracks and they don't want the correct order of the tracks.

I think we should all just be happy if we get ALL the tracks. I think that's the most important, because as a label, I'm never going to make everyone happy and bands have their own agendas too.
I think I missed the part where someone said it was a big deal. :D
GJ

Post by GJ »

Not a big issue. But still - taking the position of an "album listener" - Crystal Logic, to me, is the album released in 1983 and Flaming Metal Systems weren't on it.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

I'll try re-mastering it, but if Mark doesn't have the actual masters, then it's not going to be much of a difference in sound quality.
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Awesome news!!!!!
"Alcohol is the cause and the solution to all our problems" Homer J. Simpson

BANG YOUR FUCKING SKULL!!!
http://www.myspace.com/resistance667
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

As a label, (if I ran one myself) I would personally want to make all re-issues as close to the original as possible. I hate re-worked track listings and new cover art, regardless if the original was terrible or not. I like to experience what the band originally intended. Even a lot of remastered stuff angers me. Some is for the better but for example, (and I'll state a hugely obvious one here) the Megadeth "remastered" recordings sound like shit compared to the originals.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
mordred

Post by mordred »

Avenger wrote:I like to experience what the band originally intended.
That's usually the most common reason for remastering, new artwork and whatnot, to get closer to what the band originally intended.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

mordred wrote:
Avenger wrote:I like to experience what the band originally intended.
That's usually the most common reason for remastering, new artwork and whatnot, to get closer to what the band originally intended.
Okay, I understand that some bands were fucked around by labels and had very little control of they're material once it was handed over to record company executives or whatever, but I don't buy a lot of these bands coming around 20-30 years later wanting everything to sound as polished and slick as possible and claiming "that was the way it was ment to be". That's bullshit, because that kind of production work was non-existent, unavailible or cost a fortune back in the early days.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."