Up the Hammers V. Anyone coming?

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Kostello

Up the Hammers V. Anyone coming?

Post by Kostello »

Anyone from this forum coming to UTH this year, apart from the Greek guys of course...
http://www.up-the-hammers.gr
apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

Cyprus Metal Warriors are also invading Athens!!

:twisted: SLAUTER XSTROYES - SAVAGE GRACE - DOOMSWORD :twisted:

Θα γίνει της πουτάνας!
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Shame on you,pepper in your mouth
Never trust the Goblin King....
apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

haha You're right

Πρόκειτε να γίνει της "επι χρήματι εκδιδομένης γυνής" :P
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

Probably I will go on the first day for Praying Mantis and Savage Grace.
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
Zherneboh

Post by Zherneboh »

I'm going! I love Up the Hammers! Not that I know anyone here or am known. I have a huge green head and a slathering forked tongue if anyone's interested...I was actually on one of the Destroyers front covers...I forget which one now.

Dantesco have pulled out again though...a bit of a shame. I wanted to meet Erico la Bestia!

At least there is still Doomsword, In Solitude, Atlantean Kodex...should be amazing! "SACRED METAL!" shall be my cry from the rafters!
Weigh anchor, hoist the sails
Cruisin' for booty on watery trails
ffff

Post by ffff »

yep, a few from PT will be there tomorrow.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

A quick note regarding SLAUTER XSTROYES. Those who are skeptical about their perfomance without Stewart (I was one myself!) I have only one thing to say: Forget about it! The new singer is unbelievable and in my humble opinion it's the closest thing you can get to Stewart's voice! A great replacement! Paul Kratky and Brent Sullivan were absolutely flawless, especially Kratky who was constantly raping his guitar during the show! Perfect setlist too: Winterkill, The Stage, Wicked Bitch, Charlotte, Black Rose and Thorns, City of Sirtel, Battle Axe, Metal's no Sin, Mother Motherfucker. With or without Stewart in the next KIT I am not going to miss them! GODS!

I saw some other bands as well, but after seeing SX I don't have much else to say. They all pale in comparison however great some of them might have been,
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

What about SAVAGE GRACE ? They were good ?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I expected them to be a lot worse, but they were not bad. The sound didn't help them a lot and Logue's voice has noticeably weakened, but he was able to deliver some good high pitched screams the old US way. With the exception of the two unnecessary cover songs ("Burn" and "Motorcycle man") the setlist was pretty good and the other members played very well and were quite tight as a band.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

[quote="omen of hate"]What about SAVAGE GRACE ? They were good ?[/quot

All I can say is I saw what I expected,i.e I had a hesitation about them before their gig holding myself back with many old bands' comebacks losing the touch they used or it was told they had in the past(including S.Xsrtoyes as far as the frontman's part is concerned,but I was proved utterly wrong,THIS IS THE BEST BAND YOU WILL EVER HAVE THE PLEASURE PERFORM LIVE,NO SHIT).The band was fine,the sound was just OK(blame the club for it to some extend) but Logue was out of tune and his voice quite rough,tracklisting was missing much and if it wasn't for the love most fans have for their music,this could be a very unsuccessful addition to the final billing of the fest.After Xstroyes,I don't know how most of the bands could ever play again.I hope this will help them giving a new meaning to the whole "live performance' thing....Enforcer stormed everyone also,a vortex of energy in the house..
Never trust the Goblin King....
Capricorn

Post by Capricorn »

I tried to tell you guys not to miss Slauter Xstroyes! Glad some of you were destroyed as I have been in the past. I flew up to Chicago to see em a couple weeks ago at the same place I saw them first 25 years ago, the guitar was so loud and devastating. I wish I could have been in Greece for the show!

Check it out...don't miss em at KIT!! I won't!
WINTERKILL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN-AoOBM1m4&feature=sub

CHARLOTTE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQi8ZbyBZg8&feature=sub
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Here's some ( if not all, I can't recall the whole gig right now) of the songs SAVAGE GRACE played:

BOUND TO BE FREE
INTO THE FIRE
BETRAYER
AFTER THE FALL FROM GRACE
SINS OF THE DAMNED
MASTER OF DISGUISE
WE CAME WE SAW WE CONQUERED
THE DOMINATRESS
BURN
MOTORCYCLE MAN

They could have played a bit more. Songs sorely missed from my part

FEAR MY WAY
AGE OF INNOCENCE
CURSE THE NIGHT
DESTINATION UNKNOWN
TALES OF MYSTERY

Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

From the 1st day the best performances were from Arryan Path & Praying Mantis. The sound was not good for Wild Knight & Savage Grace.
From the 2nd day Atlantean Kodex were great, Enforcer fucked them all (hell yeah!), Slauter Xstroyes kicked some serious asses & Doomsword were good but I expected better vox from Deathmaster.
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Slauter were cool indeed! The vocalist was great! He had this twisted way Stewart had and the high pitched stuff was great as well. The set list was great as well and the sound was very good also!

A great show by this Chicago mean metal machine indeed!
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size