Holy Sword - New Metal fanzine

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
daniel

Post by daniel »

The whole point of the reviews was to show that honesty is not at all as valued a characteristic in the underground as it is made out to be, but rather it's the same as anywhere else, that sticking with the pack is the most important. Sorry for going off, just wanted to explain it.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Rick

Post by Rick »

daniel wrote:I wrote a bunch of reviews under the name of 'Knights of Fire' that were mostly negative, except for the one on Ironsword
Why Ironsword as the exception?
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Believe it or not I agree with daniel. I could never get into Pagan Altar, I guess we all get left out of one or two classics, but both Manilla Road, Cirith Ungol and Brocas Helm? If you don't like any of them there's something wrong for sure.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Ironsword because I liked 'Overlords of Chaos', while I didn't like The Gates of Slumber's then CD etc.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Ok.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Matter of taste, isn't it? Typical "love it or hate it" band. I can understand people are turned off by it but not for me. Personally "Judgement of the Dead" is the best record from England followed closely by "Mythical & Magical". I had to fork out 30 euro for " Judgement of the Dead" just for putting it along side the "Black Widow" version.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

And I don't like JotD that much while the other two are classics to me. :D
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Hmm, Satan belongs there as well,hell, all rule supreme.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

@daniel:when you enter the den of wolves,what else do you expect.When people become fanatics,anything you say against their worshiped item makes you a black sheep.

As far as PA are concerned,I said before that it's not my all time fave band,but I love them and one reason I do is their unique personality(musical) they had as a band.It's not always about the influence they had in other bands,how could they anyway since the only ones that had heard of them were probably counted in one hand's fingers.The fact that a young boy could offer that guitar sound with ingenious ideas,the tinge the vocalist had and the dark atmosphere combined with a similar image,back in a time it was not very common to come across and the stage show delivered,are enough to make them radical,innovative and distinguish in a British scene were 4/5 of the bands were either big bands of the time wannabes or heavily punk/hard rock influenced.Well,in they say music is subjective but I have to say I'm partially opposed to this point of view,there are a few exceptions that music IS objective,a perfect example to set are Adramelch with Irae Melanox,not my fave LP either but certainly a copestone in the music world by all means,a product of sheer majesty which in my opinion should be appreciated by anyone who is musically adept,either he likes it's content or not.Thus,it can't always be about taste.
Never trust the Goblin King....
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

@hload:
correct, this is issue 2, but by the time we were ready to print, we were not certain if we would "name" it 1 or 2...

@all the others commenting etc:
thanks for the comments be it positive or negative, we appreciate it.

We believe that the German tribute was a very strong point in the fanzine and we will have something equal if not better in the next issue.

Reading it printed i spotted lots of mistakes, we apologize for them, be it "Greeklish" or layout stuff. We were in a hurry for UTH Festival, resulting in what you read...

KIT Festival:
I will give copies to Kostas from Steel Legacy tonight and he will have them in his stand at Keep it True Festival. Dan and anyone else that has asked for a copy can find it there. The price is 5e (we want to get rich asap, sorry....)
daniel

Post by daniel »

If you need any help with checking the texts in the future I wouldn't mind helping out.
Luis

Post by Luis »

daniel wrote:Giving it a read now while I'm eating, looks cool :) Have to say I lauged when reading the comment about Pagan Altar being one of the greatest bands in the history of heavy metal, that might be overdoing it just a BIT ;)
Hey Daniel, I conducted that interview, so you know where I stand on Pagan Altar. :twisted:

However, if people want to call Pagan Altar the best Heavy Metal band of all times, why not? It is a FAN zine, hardly a subjective format in the name already!

Eagerly awaiting the Holy Sword zine here :)