ARTCH Live In Greece

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Fucking Åmål

ARTCH Live In Greece

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I went in Saturday 20 January in ARTCH's concert in athens.The live was absolute highlight ARTCH played perfectly with very good sound and perfect(i mean it) vocals from Eirikur.Sadly there wasn't so much people i think about a little more of 100.I was in the first ''row'' headbanging and singing the lyrics from their older songs(the ones from another return).Althought there were some people headbanging my general view was that very(very) few have studied ARTCH.The guys from ARTCH were absolute down to earth and cheerful persons not like others... :evil: Sadly there wasn't much participation,maybe they don't understand the level of ARTCH.Nevermind to me this concert stayed as very cult something that like ARTCH played just for me.They played:No Order
Another Return To Church Hill(encore)
Power To The Man
Loaded
Where I Go
Metal Life
Shoot To Kill
When Angels Cry
Paradox
Titanic
To Whom It May Concern
Jezabel
Burn Down The Bridges
Electric Eye(cover Judas Priest)
a medley of three songs of Deep Purple

They had come some Norwegian Friends from ARTCH also.It was the first gig after 1993 in the USA.And nowhere else outside USA and Norway.I hope i went to more concerts like these... :cry:
I traveled for this concert,shame on the ''Metalheads'' who live in Athens maybe because ARTCH ruined their saturday night out,or maybe it was too far(five minutes from their home) or maybe it was too expensive(17 Euro better give 55 Euro to Dio and Tool... :evil: ).ARTCH ruled and i am very proud that i had the honour to attend their only reunion show in Greece.(My neck still pains).

P.S. After the show i got signed my ticket from the guitarist thanked him in Swedish (i hope it sounds the same in Norwegian).And he said...Wow!!! :D
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Thanx for this great report !
In France, we have the same problem, most people only attend gis when there are "big names" on the bill, they don't move their asses to attend more underground acts.
I saw SADUS last year, there were more or less 50 people !!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

What a shame !!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

omen of hate wrote:Thanx for this great report !
In France, we have the same problem, most people only attend gis when there are "big names" on the bill, they don't move their asses to attend more underground acts.
I saw SADUS last year, there were more or less 50 people !!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

What a shame !!
Yes that's true!Imagine what it will happened when smaller bands from ARTCH for example MINDLESS SINNER,MEDIEVAL STEEL,SALEM'S WYCH decided to played would be more than 50 people?I feel like the 80's bands are forgotten although through internet we see a rise in 80's HM Music.
Levi

Post by Levi »

I always thought the Greek armada was the craziest of them all which would result in a good turnout at gigs. But it seems it's the same story everywhere. Couple of years ago BROCAS HELM played in Belgium. They totally killed for about 75 people. Awesome show, nevertheless
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

i am sure medieval steel would have 200 people in athens easily.EASILY.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

MassOfKthulu wrote:i am sure medieval steel would have 200 people in athens easily.EASILY.
Yes of course...To hear only one good song the ''Medieval Steel''. :?
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

All Medieval Steel tracks are godly! 8)

Yes, it is the same problem everywhere, where lots of concerts take place.
I mean, last year I was at a Tankard gig in Germany, where only 50 people attended, and this year the band played in Croatia in front of about 400 people.