Quicksand Dream - AELIN

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Zuul

Post by Zuul »

Cover art is very fitting!
GJ

Post by GJ »

Zuul wrote:Cover art is very fitting!
Well I'm not sure... *drumroll* ...I think Doughty's a pretty decent painter. *polite applause*

Stupid me, of course you're right!

Btw Patrick seems to know more than me, since he's stated on the QD-myspace that the vinyl version should be out early next year. If that is true I must order the lot from them, to keep them out of reach for the unsuspecting and innocent. I'll let them add one copy of your new single too. :D
GJ

Post by GJ »

Oh, and thanks Sgt K!
GJ

Post by GJ »

OK, call me a self-obsessed wanker, it won't hurt a bit. :P I will still be very happy about this review Janet Willis wrote at the Hellride Forum:

"Right on the heels of epic metal masters Atlantean Kodex comes this Swedish outfit with a monumental album that took almost twenty years to complete and was totally worth the wait. On “Aelin” you get the classic metal and epic metal sound with a slight prog feel in the bass lines and no power metal leanings (for those who’s bowels wrench at the thought of that stuff). There’s a classic/vintage feel to it all as well that makes this release timeless and the rhythms manage to boogie and walk you through the narrative tracks to create this incredible audio journey that’s totally worth the 20 year wait. There’s so much to love on this release that to put it in words is simply impossible…you get great classic metal hooks and grooves to make those into the heavy 70’s and doom pay attention, great chugging classic metal riffs, and the walking bass lines to generate this amazing texture that just comes in quick and completely swallows you up without waiting for the songs to build into 14 minute pieces like a spontaneous whirlpool. Needless to say, this is essential as well.

For fans of: Atlantean Kodex, Manilla Road, Pagan Altar"

A friend of yours Chris? :lol: (still, she got it right...)
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

Got this as a digital promo yesterday. Looking forward to check it out!
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

GJ wrote:OK, call me a self-obsessed wanker, it won't hurt a bit. :P I will still be very happy about this review Janet Willis wrote at the Hellride Forum:

"Right on the heels of epic metal masters Atlantean Kodex comes this Swedish outfit with a monumental album that took almost twenty years to complete and was totally worth the wait. On “Aelin” you get the classic metal and epic metal sound with a slight prog feel in the bass lines and no power metal leanings (for those who’s bowels wrench at the thought of that stuff). There’s a classic/vintage feel to it all as well that makes this release timeless and the rhythms manage to boogie and walk you through the narrative tracks to create this incredible audio journey that’s totally worth the 20 year wait. There’s so much to love on this release that to put it in words is simply impossible…you get great classic metal hooks and grooves to make those into the heavy 70’s and doom pay attention, great chugging classic metal riffs, and the walking bass lines to generate this amazing texture that just comes in quick and completely swallows you up without waiting for the songs to build into 14 minute pieces like a spontaneous whirlpool. Needless to say, this is essential as well.

For fans of: Atlantean Kodex, Manilla Road, Pagan Altar"

A friend of yours Chris? :lol: (still, she got it right...)
No, I don't know her! There are already a few other reviews posted. I will email you the links.
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

CD is here now! The band will have copies within 10 days, please buy it from them!
GJ

Post by GJ »

...or from the guy above! :D

But feel free to PM me if you'd like to buy or trade.

And I've not forgotten you Chafe!
GJ

Post by GJ »

GJ

Post by GJ »

The AELIN cds arrived today!

I will be at the Candlemass gig in Stockholm on Saturday. If any of you are interested in obtaining a CD I can bring some copies with me. I'm the fat old bearded guy wearing a red High Spirits shirt (thnx Chris! :wink: ). I hope 70 kr is a sensible price for ye poor, poor Corroseumers, all of whom already have spent the last pennies on records & beverages (I know I have). Trades are welcome also of course - but only if your band is better than mine, haha!

PM or assault me at the event.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Got this release instock now if anyone's interested. Great great album, why has this taken 20 years to release????
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:Got this release instock now if anyone's interested. Great great album, why has this taken 20 years to release????
Great, just ordered one !
GJ

Post by GJ »

omen of hate wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:Got this release instock now if anyone's interested. Great great album, why has this taken 20 years to release????
Great, just ordered one !
I'm all yours! :D
GJ

Post by GJ »

So I guess you missed out on the first edition of 30 luxurious CDRs? :wink: Actually it took 10 years to go out of stock!

But seriously, we recorded the stuff as late as in 1996-99 and then sent very few copies around (never been the greatest of sales men, I guess). It was only ever reviewed in the German Iron Pages mag. A few copies went to the likes of Sentinel Steel, Hellion... and Dragonheart, I belive. Of course we thought we were the stuff, but was to be proven wrong, haha!

It's such a great feeling finally having this little baby of ours in my hands. And it looks great too! Your babies tend to, don't they?

Eternal greetings goes to Dan for providing with this great place, inspiring me to share these long forgotten sins. And of course to Mike Bushur for forcing the stuff upon Chris (right?).

Getting all misty-eyed, gotta go...
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

This recording sounds like it's brand new, not from '96

Did you re-record all the songs again? The Vocals rule.