Quicksand Dream - AELIN

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

GJ wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:So this recording was 100% complete around '99?

Or was there anything else done to it between '99 - present? Or did you just hand over the master from '99 as is to the labels?

Honestly it doesn't sound so cut and paste as you make it seem.
Seems we posted simutaneously... :D

It's excactly the same master as the CDr from 2000. The recording was completed and mixed in 1999. Yeah guess it sounds pretty well balanced and together to me too. All credits goes to Patrick and Henrik Flyman for making it work out so well.
LOVE the bass sound in the mix. I'll be jamming along on my 4 string right after this hits my turntable.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Cool, I'll tell Patrick about this. Guess drums and bass in stereo is overrated anyway! :D
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

GJ wrote:

Or was there anything else done to it between '99 - present? Or did you just hand over the master from '99 as is to the labels?

It's excactly the same master as the CDr from 2000. The recording was completed and mixed in 1999. Yeah guess it sounds pretty well balanced and together to me too. All credits goes to Patrick and Henrik Flyman for making it work out so well.
Wow, cause it sounds like the production values coming out of the underground in recent years.... so fresh sounding.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
GJ wrote:

Wow, cause it sounds like the production values coming out of the underground in recent years.... so fresh sounding.
That may help explaining why none would bother when it was released originally, haha! :roll: Btw, I have checked the SK-forum and must thank you for your support. It is so rewarding reading the comments and realizing some people actually likes this!
GJ

Post by GJ »

OK so I've been lying...

I just got a message from my QD compatriot Patrick Backlund in which he told me he had done some minor editing, something about the stereo width (all greek to me) as well as reducing noise of the original master before sending audio files to Planet Metal.

Now let the whip crack over my pimpled back!
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

GJ wrote:OK so I've been lying...

I just got a message from my QD compatriot Patrick Backlund in which he told me he had done some minor editing, something about the stereo width (all greek to me) as well as reducing noise of the original master before sending audio files to Planet Metal.

Ok, yeah I was kind of having a hard time believing it was completely untouched from 10 years ago.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
GJ wrote:OK so I've been lying...

Ok, yeah I was kind of having a hard time believing it was completely untouched from 10 years ago.
Well, he also told me the difference was hardly noticeable. Did you see my PM btw?
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I'm a late comer here, but I promise I'll get the LP GJ. It sounds pretty good to me (holding back on the praise since you've probably had what you can take for now).

Also, the Epic Irae demos should be released on CD or LP. If you don't, my girlfriend will keep pestering me about it forever :wink:
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Haha! You are right of course. More praisal and my top will blow off for certain. Pretty cool that some people seem to like it quite a lot though.

Epic Irae, yes let's see what can be done about that. I'm pretty sure the best songs/recordings are out there already. Turns out Patrick doesn't seem to be as enthusiastic as I when it comes to pulling down the pants and show all past glories (musicians! :roll: ). Anyway the first two demos will be revealed soon I hope. (Poof! there went my head... gotta screw it back...) The final, or unfinished one - as me and Patrick kind of wrapped it up after the band had folded (the result wasn't really optimal) - I have yet to discuss the premises for... May have to censor it.

Epic Irae on CD/LP? Poof! :mrgreen:
Give her a big hug!
GJ

Post by GJ »

The Aelin album is streamed from this place:
http://www.pahardcore.com/quicksanddream

If you like it do share it on facebook and such communities!

Also I've uploaded the first fumbling Epic Irae demo (Ballet of Desolation).
See the Poisoniose section.

...and the LP is due to be released on Wednesday. It can be preordered from High Roller Records
GJ

Post by GJ »

Vinyl out now!
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

I'm excited.

Was the mastering different for the VINYL? Or same as CD master? Sorry for all the questions (nerd alert).
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

already ordered! 8)

what I was wondering: what does "ultraclear" vinyl mean? clearer than clear or what.. got the black version though
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
GJ

Post by GJ »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:I'm excited.

Was the mastering different for the VINYL? Or same as CD master? Sorry for all the questions (nerd alert).
I believe so, but I better ask Patrick this time before I say anything. :wink:
sagrotan wrote:already ordered! 8)

what I was wondering: what does "ultraclear" vinyl mean? clearer than clear or what.. got the black version though
Makes me a happy. :D

As for the ultraclear vinyl, I've no idea - have yet to recieve the package from HRR. I'm a black vinyl purist (or I try to be), still I guess it's cool to get two versions - I believe me and Patrick are the only ones that need both versions, haha!
GJ

Post by GJ »

Tim: Patrick has told me it was exactly the same master for both CD and LP.

Sagr: Obviously it meant it was sort of clear. :D