Root "dema" boxset out now

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
NWN PROD

Root "dema" boxset out now

Post by NWN PROD »

Root “Dema” 4 x LP Boxset Out Now!!
Anti-Goth 040

Click on the image to see more photos.

ROOT was founded by Big Boss (voc) and Blackie(guitar) at the end of 1987 as a way to express their darkness within. Their goal was to create Black Metal inspired by classic bands like Bathory and Venom. They began rehearsing in 1987 and soon recorded their first official demo tape entitled, “Reap Of Hell.” In September of 1988, ROOT played their first gig in Brno, Czech Republic. Their second demo called “War Of Rats” was released the same year, and their third demo “Messengers From Darkness” followed soon after. Root had crafted an original style of black metal by the time their fourth and final demo tape “The Trial” was released in 1989. Root in these early recordings was distinct from anything else being created at that time. This could be attributed to the fact that they, like many Czech metal bands during this time period, were completely shut out of the international metal community by their Communist government. They created black metal in the face of oppression and the threat of arrest by the secret police. Big Boss once even went to jail for playing black metal and recording music. Musically, the band’s sound from this time period might be closest to thrash metal, particularly given the overall pace of the songs. However, Root rarely sounds like a traditional thrash band, opting instead for a darker, occult style with interesting and original riffs and a surprising depth. The song structure is usually stripped down and very minimal, reminiscent of more modern black metal bands like VON, ildjarn, Burzum. The vocal styles range from theatrical baritone to blackish rasps. Also surprising is the inclusion of spacey, layered, guitar noise passages amidst the more structured black metal songs.
ROOT “Dema” Boxset features all of their demo tapes from the late 1980’s plus bonus live recordings taken from the Death Metal Session Festival vol. 2 (Prague 1988). This boxset contains over two hours of music including the original versions of now classic ROOT songs such as “666”, “7 Èerných Jezdcù”, “Høbitov” and “Píseò Pro Satana.” Also included is an extensive 32 page 12” x 12” booklet containing ancient, unseen photos from the early days, gig flyers, newspaper clippings, interviews, fanzine articles, etc. 4 LPs in two gatefold jackets, 36 page booklet, logo T shirt, A2 poster, a custom made box with artwork by Chris Moyen, and a vellum obi with a foil-stamped logo makes this one of the most complete and visually impressive boxsets to come out of the metal underground. Die hard fans of Root and newcomers alike should enjoy this classic release.

700 Regular black vinyl edition with two gatefold jackets, 36 page booklet, A2 poster, logo T-shirt, box and obi strip.

300 Die Hard colored vinyl edition with two gatefold jackets, 36 page booklet, A2 poster, Logo T-shirt, patch, sticker, 3 x pins, special jacket for the booklet, box and obi strip. Die hard version is only available from NWN.
Tracklist:

LP sides 1-4:

Side 1:
1. Intro (Beethoven Allegro)
2. Litanie k Satanovi
3. Sedm Jezdců
4. Píseň Pro Satana
5. Hřbitov
6. 7 Synů Satana

Side 2:
7. … A Země se Otevřela
8. Král Dogra
9. Volání o Pomoc

Side 3:
10. Dogrova Říše
11. Intro (Příchod Poslů)
12. Rootanův Pochod
13. Poslové z Temnot
14. Útěk a Trest

Side 4:
15. 666
16. Stín Prokletí
17. Otvírání Hrobu
18. Prázdný Hrob
19. Zrození Rootanova Syna
20. Outro

REAP OF HELL Demo: Tracks 1-5
WAR OF RATS Demo: Tracks 6-10
MESSENGERS FROM DARKNESS Demo: Tracks 11-20

LP Sides 5-8:

Side 5:
1. Procitnutí
2. Soud
3. Zjevení

Side 6:
4. Aralyon
5. Výslech
6. Upálení
7. Cesta Zkázy

Side 7:
8. Procitnutí 2
9. … A Země se Otevřela
10. Píseň pro Rootana

Side 8:
11. 7 Černých Jezdců
12. Volání o Pomoc
13. Hřbitov

THE TRIAL Demo: Tracks 1-8
LIVE AT DEATH METAL SESSION VOL. II 1988: Tracks 9-13

Distributors and Labels can buy copies wholesale from NWN or Ebullition in the US, and View Beyond in Europe. Please note that there will be no trades done with this release.
NUCLEAR WAR NOW! PROD.
Home page: http://nwnprod.com/
Store: http://nwnprod.com/catalog/
metalmartyrdoom

Post by metalmartyrdoom »

oh yeah.... waitin' on my diehard version any day now!!!!!!!!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Its a shame that certain asshole wanted to sell me that one (the regular one I think) for 100 dlls. :x
NWN PROD

Post by NWN PROD »

It comes to be about $100 including air mail postage to Mexico. These things are heavy.
NUCLEAR WAR NOW! PROD.
Home page: http://nwnprod.com/
Store: http://nwnprod.com/catalog/
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

NWN PROD wrote:It comes to be about $100 including air mail postage to Mexico. These things are heavy.
Nahhh....
metalmartyrdoom

Post by metalmartyrdoom »

I got it today! A supreme release!! Cheers Yosuke!
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

I already sent out my payment for this. You know, damn NWN for making me buy things twice. :) Just as the case with this ROOT item, somebody puts it on a nice CD, I grab it, and then this GORGEOUS-looking (by the pictures) boxed-set comes out... Well it'll be worth the dough, I think.

When I showed the SABBAT 3x6" piece to my guitarist he nearly freaked about how lovely it was.