ACCEPT Reunion....

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

ACCEPT Reunion....

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

...but no UDO in the picture, any more info about this rumors?? im not sure what to expect from Baltes and the rest of the guys though...
Stormspell

Re: ACCEPT Reunion....

Post by Stormspell »

This is a joke. I flew in 2005 to Europe and witnessed the official farewell ACCEPT concert. It was awesome and the band was put to rest in a very grand way.

Simply put, NO UDO = NO ACCEPT. Baltes is welcome to play the old material as much as he wants and I'll gladly stop to check them out if I'm in the vicinity, but they should not use the name ACCEPT without UDO. Plain and simple.

I'm much more stocked about the new band of Frank Knight and Majk Moti - WILD KNIGHT! That sounds like a promising RW spin-off, now that the real deal is no more...
Last edited by Stormspell on Wed May 27, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

stormspell wrote:This is a joke. I flew in 2005 to Europe and witnessed the official farewell ACCEPT concert. It was awesome and the band was put to rest in a very grand way.

Simply put, NO UDO = NO ACCEPT. Baltes is welcome to play the old material as much as he wants and I'll gladly stop to check them out if I'm in the vicinity, but they should not use the name ACCEPT without UDO. Plain and simple.
agreed
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

A reunion? Again? Without Udo? Sheesh.................................
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
mordred

Post by mordred »

I don't think it's that big of a deal, really. It's not like it's some Donald Duck line-up. They have two original members, Peter Baltes and Wolf Hoffman, and two other previous members in Herman Frank and Stefan Schwarzmann, plus a new singer. They asked Udo to join, but he wasn't interested. If they wanna play again, I say more power to 'em. They shouldn't have to be inactive just because one original member doesn't want to play ball.

Besides, Accept is all about Wolf Hoffman's riffs to me.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
GJ

Post by GJ »

Errr... I thought I had witnessed the last of Accept on their farewell tour in Uppsala in 1995 (or '96).

Who's to sing? Don't tell me Doogie White has left Tank already. :D
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

They should hire Peter Dirkschneider or that guy from french VITRIOL. :D Man would it be awsome
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
msp

Post by msp »

I smell $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Any reason to see Wolf Hoffmann in action I'll take :twisted:
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

GJ wrote:Who's to sing?
Mark Tornillo (TT Quick)
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

How's TT Quick? Never heard of them. MA describes their genre as "80s Metal" so that doesn't tell a lot
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

I have their "Metal of Honor" LP but honestly can't remember how it sounds. must spin it again, no idea if the voice fits
Centuries of Evil
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

Here are two demo versions with the new singer:

Balls to the Wall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdG7KGynXJI

Flash Rockin Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwO6iBZ4Yyk

Well, he's not UDO, but I think his voice fits really well, I'd obviously go to their show if they ever come to Chile jaja
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

stormspell wrote: NO UDO = NO ACCEPT
All is said !
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

The Erlking wrote:How's TT Quick? Never heard of them. MA describes their genre as "80s Metal" so that doesn't tell a lot
sagrotan wrote:I have their "Metal of Honor" LP but honestly can't remember how it sounds. must spin it again, no idea if the voice fits
well I just played it and although the music itself is not much more than forgettable (more glam with AC/DCish vibes than metal) I must say that the guy HAS an Udo-like voice - quite shrieky but less powerful.) I think it should fit not so bad, better than David Reece expectedly..
Centuries of Evil