Gaskin demo's 80-81 lp "Beyond Worlds End"

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Buried By Time and Dust

Gaskin demo's 80-81 lp "Beyond Worlds End"

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

NEWS-DUST 005 GASKIN
New from Buried By Time and Dust- GASKIN- BEYOND WORLDS END 80-81 LP

Now at Press!!

The lp which should be ready by June and consists of the End of the World 4 track demo which in our opinion easily smokes the lp versions. An amazing mix of melodic heavy metal coupled with their more aggressive approach in the Jaguar/Tank style.

Two tracks from the End of the World Sessions that were left off the lp.
Two tracks from an additional 1981 Demo and finally Burning Alive and Dirty Money live. Rough and fucking ready!!

Ill get pictures of the package up when they arrive. Suffice it to say this stuff rules. For Heavy Metal fans only.

COMING SOON-MORE NWOBHM MADNESS!!

Post by pzman »

Just noticed this post today. Will there be a cd version of the release?
Buried By Time and Dust

pzman wrote:Just noticed this post today. Will there be a cd version of the release?
I am not sure at this time about a cd version.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Interesting; 'I'm No Fool' was one of the songs that made me fall in love with NWOBHM back in high school when the movement was getting some press marking its 10-yr anniversary
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Buried By Time and Dust

nightsblood wrote:Interesting; 'I'm No Fool' was one of the songs that made me fall in love with NWOBHM back in high school when the movement was getting some press marking its 10-yr anniversary
The Demo versions sound faster and much heavier.A big improvement from their studio recordings.And hearing a Live version of Burning Alive should also make you happy :D
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Good news, always liked GASKIN, even their comeback album, which is usually not the case.

I will definitely think about a purchase, if the design and makeup is good as well.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Buried By Time and Dust

Alright! These turned out really fuckin cool! More importantly the music smokes! Ordering information soon. A document to some of what was happening when the dam began to burst. Total aggression done with class before the arrival of marketing machines. Play loud and drunk!

I don't know what I'm doing incorrectly but will try and post pics soon.In the meantime there are pictures on Hellride and also Miskatonic sites if you go there.
Buried By Time and Dust

For European Customers that want a Gaskin Lp please get them from HHO Records.If you live in USA,please contact me via PM and I can save you money due to high postage cost.Over half of the 500 lp's are gone already.
Nocturnal Graves

Post by Nocturnal Graves »

Is it possible to arrange a wholesale order from Australia? I'd be interested to get some copies for the Aussie maniacs...

Also, if you have a list of other LP's pls send it - nocturnalgraves AT gmail.com
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

Nocturnal Graves wrote:Is it possible to arrange a wholesale order from Australia? I'd be interested to get some copies for the Aussie maniacs...
do it man, DOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with it. YOu never know how these archive recordings are gonna turn out- too many of them are let-downs (coughcoughPhoenix Risingcough). THis one lives up to its promise. THe demo versions of EotW track are indeed a bit faster than the album versions and the sound quality is great. Excellent versions of 'Despiser'' and 'End of the World'. The unreleased tracks on side B are also strong and would have been solid inclusions on the LP. Packaging is very nice too. Only minor complaints: the fon't is a little hard to read on the back cover (gothic script), and the sound quality on the live version of 'burning alive' is not very good. Great collection for Gaskin fans; kudos to Buried By Time & Dust for a nice job on this one. Gaskin was one of the first nwobhm bands that got me hooked on the genre, and it's nice to hear a few more cool tunes come out of their archives.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
nabel

Post by nabel »

Yes, one of the vinyl highlights of 2009. Music itself is also great (especially a-side), they must have been one hell of a liveband back in the days. You can hear that there's somekind of magic between those three guys when they plug in.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Shit, need this one too!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
akira

Post by akira »

Great stuff. Will this be on cd in the near future? Release it on cd, please !!!!