ANVIL "Metal on Metal" competition!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Satannick

ANVIL "Metal on Metal" competition!

Post by Satannick »

Can you rock like Anvil? Here’s your chance to find out.Since its release in 1982, the track Metal on Metal from the album of the same name, fast established itself as Anvil’s signature song and remains a permanent fixture in their live performances today. It was also one of the songs that inspired some of the many well known bands that name Anvil as a big influence on their own careers.

What we want to know is, how it inspires you? To show us, you’ll need to film yourself (and your mates too if you like) performing Metal on Metal. And if you can rock like Anvil, you stand a chance of winning a Flying V guitar, signed by the band, plus copies of the book, the DVD and posters.
http://www.anvilbook.co.uk/anvilcompetition.asp

I'm curious to see if anybody on this forum would participate... hehe
Vinny Black

Post by Vinny Black »

Hm, I actually stole the main riff for "Metal On Metal" to a song that we played in the wonderfully named punk band Boner Boys. That song is inspiring indeed. Now, if I could only get the guys together again and get the song on film(or whatever the prefered media is nowadays)...I could get sued/win a guitar.
"My music is not modern, it is merely badly played." Arnold Schönberg 1874-1951