Dark Heart-Shadows Of The Night reissue

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
otcmetal

Dark Heart-Shadows Of The Night reissue

Post by otcmetal »

I hope this is the right place for this topic, but did anybody else know that this has been reissued by Metal Mind? Did an ebay search and found 3 sellers. What else have they reissued lately. I have the Rogue Male-First Visit, but haven't heard a whole lot about other titles.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Re-issue, or secret bootleg?
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

Black Axe wrote:Re-issue, or secret bootleg?
Yeah, I've seen that there is a debate as to whether they have the permission from the bands. So what is the general opinion of these on this forum? I figured they must have gotten some sort of license to put out this stuff? I REALLY want this and the Thrasher cd!!!
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

I've never heard that Metal Mind are bootleggers. I though they had deals for these releases that limited the number of cds they could press or something.

Considering some of the things that they have done - like the massive TANK and TSA box sets, ARTILLERY dvds and tons of other stuff I have to say they must be pretty confident that they are not going to get their asses sued off since their profile isn't exactly low IF they were bootleggers. Metal Mind's releases also are remastered (or so they say) and usually have decent booklets... not very bootleg-like in that regard.

I have a lot of their titles and I bought most of them on Amazon and in brick and mortar chain stores like Virgin.

I have the DARK HEART on order as well as the MALTESE FALCON and JAGUAR - "This Time" because these have never had good cd issues. The JAGUAR was done on a Japanese cd ages ago that came in a crappy slimline cd case and now goes for hundreds of bucks, the MALTESE was an Old Metal cd boot and as far as I know the DARK HEART was never issued on cd - even as a boot.
"On your feet, or on your knees"
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

In The Raw wrote:I've never heard that Metal Mind are bootleggers. I though they had deals for these releases that limited the number of cds they could press or something.

Considering some of the things that they have done - like the massive TANK and TSA box sets, ARTILLERY dvds and tons of other stuff I have to say they must be pretty confident that they are not going to get their asses sued off since their profile isn't exactly low IF they were bootleggers. Metal Mind's releases also are remastered (or so they say) and usually have decent booklets... not very bootleg-like in that regard.

I have a lot of their titles and I bought most of them on Amazon and in brick and mortar chain stores like Virgin.

I have the DARK HEART on order as well as the MALTESE FALCON and JAGUAR - "This Time" because these have never had good cd issues. The JAGUAR was done on a Japanese cd ages ago that came in a crappy slimline cd case and now goes for hundreds of bucks, the MALTESE was an Old Metal cd boot and as far as I know the DARK HEART was never issued on cd - even as a boot.
That Jaguar album is horrendous, AOR garbage. I would only pay $1.00 to smash the entire stock of that re-issue.

SELL-OUTS.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

In The Raw wrote:I've never heard that Metal Mind are bootleggers. I though they had deals for these releases that limited the number of cds they could press or something.

I have a lot of their titles and I bought most of them on Amazon and in brick and mortar chain stores like Virgin...
I always wondered how come their releases are limited to mere 2000 copies and yet countless brick-and-mortar stores on both sides of the pond tend to carry them in stock, in addition to all big online distros worldwide and the countless eGay and Gaymazon dealers... Heck, I even found their releases on overstock.com! ...magic? :lol:
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Avenger wrote:

That Jaguar album is horrendous, AOR garbage. I would only pay $1.00 to smash the entire stock of that re-issue.

SELL-OUTS.
Yes, awesome album.

Metal Mind have the licenses by Roadrunner, but not all those contracts are legal anymore. But they'll release those anyway. So I'd watch out for releases where the band doesn't co-operate with or don't acknowledge.

Just like some of the newer Cult Metal Classic releases, no info or liner notes on/by the bands at all. While their older releases always had those. Curious to say the least.
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

Avenger wrote: That Jaguar album is horrendous, AOR garbage. I would only pay $1.00 to smash the entire stock of that re-issue.

SELL-OUTS.
Welcome to my world man - being a "completist" is a disease. You wind up buying some serious crap to complete the discography of once brilliant bands. :D

But make no mistake this is one very bad album and I'm fully aware of that. That they went from"Power Games" to this is mind-boggling.

As far as Metal Mind goes, some interesting points raised. Perhaps some of their releases are "sketchy" - its not all that easy to figure this sort of thing out sometimes.
"On your feet, or on your knees"
boris

Post by boris »

I remember they did a great job with the TANK box set - 9 CD's plus 1 DVD, limited to 1000 hand numbered.

I know they also did the 2nd and 3rd DIAMOND HEAD, the 1st SATAN, and some more which were mentioned above. BLIND FURY is planned for release as well.
they also release them on golden CD's, not silver. is this better ?

I remember picking up the 1st Solitude Aeturnus they released, also digipack limited to 2000 on golden CD. looks and sounds quite good.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Blind Fury I bet will be a direct copy of the 'recent' Majestic Rock re-issue.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Black Axe wrote:Blind Fury I bet will be a direct copy of the 'recent' Majestic Rock re-issue.
...which is by no means the best remaster you've ever heard...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Black Axe wrote:Blind Fury I bet will be a direct copy of the 'recent' Majestic Rock re-issue.
...which is by no means the best remaster you've ever heard...
I meant not just the remaster, but booklet and such too. Just the usual gold disc/digi-pack Metal Mind stuff will be added.
boris

Post by boris »

guess the first Japanese pressing is, as always, the best one. only advantage the Majestic pressing has is the bonus BBC Session tracks.

I still prefer my 1994 FEMS pressing of Satan - Court in the Act ...
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

Well, if they copy them from already existing cds, where did the copy of the Rogue Male come from? I don't think I've ever heard of that one being issued on cd. Was the Dark Heart ever issued in Japan? Seems like I've heard of that before, but not sure. Or, maybe I just misunderstood the above post. The Dark Heart actually has been bootlegged by some guy heare in the states. Can't remember the name of the label, but he does a mail order and a radio show. I'll try to find the name, but he's not one of those mass bootlegger on ebay types. Doesn't make it right, though. On his sale list, the boots he does usually say "out of print reissue", or something of the sort. Somebody on here is bound to know who I'm talking about. Anyway, I'm probably gonna' get those 2(Dark Heart & Thrasher), and maybe a couple more. Am I wrong to do it?
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

boris wrote:I remember they did a great job with the TANK box set - 9 CD's plus 1 DVD, limited to 1000 hand numbered.

..they also release them on golden CD's, not silver. is this better ?
There is also the Bulldozer box set, which is a great package, but the quality & manufacturing of the MM box sets (& digi's) is fucking crap!!!!!!!!!
Most of the reissues I have are falling apart in one way or another. Potentially great product, but really bad quality. Sound wise they are pretty good though. The Axe Killer re-issues sound waaaay better...
Do you really think you could tell the sound difference between a silver or gold disc?????
I highly doubt it. :?
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?