Dark Heart-Shadows Of The Night reissue

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
boris

Post by boris »

Korgüll wrote:
boris wrote:I remember they did a great job with the TANK box set - 9 CD's plus 1 DVD, limited to 1000 hand numbered.

..they also release them on golden CD's, not silver. is this better ?
There is also the Bulldozer box set, which is a great package, but the quality & manufacturing of the MM box sets (& digi's) is fucking crap!!!!!!!!!
Most of the reissues I have are falling apart in one way or another. Potentially great product, but really bad quality. Sound wise they are pretty good though. The Axe Killer re-issues sound waaaay better...
Do you really think you could tell the sound difference between a silver or gold disc?????
I highly doubt it. :?
Well mine is holding together for now, but it may well fall apart soon. the prices they sell this stuff are pretty cheap, so I suppose it was just some cheap pressing work ...

and regarding the gold / silver CD's - no, I can't tell the difference, is it even supposed to be better ? maybe someone who works with that kinda stuff can tell us ?
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Unless they're SACD they won't sound any better. They just like money a lot, and golden discs might appeal to some people.
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

otcmetal wrote:Well, if they copy them from already existing cds, where did the copy of the Rogue Male come from? I don't think I've ever heard of that one being issued on cd. Was the Dark Heart ever issued in Japan? Seems like I've heard of that before, but not sure. Or, maybe I just misunderstood the above post. The Dark Heart actually has been bootlegged by some guy heare in the states. Can't remember the name of the label, but he does a mail order and a radio show. I'll try to find the name, but he's not one of those mass bootlegger on ebay types. Doesn't make it right, though. On his sale list, the boots he does usually say "out of print reissue", or something of the sort. Somebody on here is bound to know who I'm talking about. Anyway, I'm probably gonna' get those 2(Dark Heart & Thrasher), and maybe a couple more. Am I wrong to do it?
Are you wrong to buy these? Not in my book.

For the most part, I stay away from bootlegs and most importantly try to do some research on whether a release is legit or not. But while its easy to avoid guys like Vegas Cds and the obvious guys trading on ebay, I also do not have time to do a legal search on every title released by Metal Mind. The stuff looks legit to me and fact is I have bought multiple pressings of many band's cds over the years. I want that DARK HEART album and its just that simple.

I use my cash (and a lot of it) to support bands. I buy directly from authorized dealers whenever possible and replace sketchy issues of cds with more legit ones all the time.

The only time I deal with bootlegs is in the case of bands like VANADIUM where there are NO legit releases. And guess what? The minute those albums are released legally - I'll buy them. I do not currently own a turntable and have very little interest in downloads of almost any kind so my options are limited. I just want to hear this stuff and have it in my collection.

As for the "gold" cd thing: they look cute but it makes no difference. True gold cds (like the ones made by Audio Fidelity and DCC) are more structurally sound than regular cds I suppose but the main reason those cds go for so much money is the mastering on them. I have some true gold cds by ALICE COOPER, MONTROSE and BAD COMPANY and they sound fantastic but the Metal Mind ones are not "real" gold cds. My guess is that they just added some tinting to a regular aluminum disc.

I'm pretty sure that Metal Mind's ROGUE MALE issues are legit. They were delayed a really long time so I'm guessing there were rights issues to be sorted out. Those are the only cd issues of those records that I have ever seen - including bootlegs.
"On your feet, or on your knees"