Gigs in Stockholm and around?

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
anthares

Gigs in Stockholm and around?

Post by anthares »

Well, if you guys from Stockholm or around will hear some cool events coming in your area, please let me know here. Its a good excuse to have a ferry trip on those infamous love boats with tax free booze!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I haven't heard anything, but I'll keep my eyes & ears open. It would would be cool to meet up for some beers and Metal :twisted:

I'll be guiding some French metalheads (the 13 Candles guys) in Stockholm first weekend in august, so I'm hoping that something will turn up then. Usually it's pretty slow in the summers though...
anthares

Post by anthares »

Yeah! Summer is quiet.
And by the way next weekend there is is Spiritus Mortis and Garden Of Worm + Spirit Disease in Helsinki.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

GREAT fucking news!

TRYCKVÅG are having a reunion gig in Stockholm 11/11!

Swedes and outsiders up for a Stockholm vacation should go to the pub Sjöhästen at Långholmsgatan 24 (subway station Hornstull). The show starts at 22.00

Let me know if anyone needs a place to stay and I'll see what I can do.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

DaN, is there some kind of beerdrinking stuff going on before the gig somewhere or something? ; )
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:
Let me know if anyone needs a place to stay and I'll see what I can do.
Wait DaN i think for a Gotham City reunion i can travel to North Pole. :lol:
Enforcer

Post by Enforcer »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
Wait DaN i think for a Gotham City reunion i can travel to North Pole. :lol:
Gotham City are having a reunion gig in Umeå (very close to the north pole :D) in may 2007!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Enforcer wrote:
Gotham City are having a reunion gig in Umeå (very close to the north pole :D) in may 2007!
Yes i have read it in the Gotham City website.Is it sure Enforcer?And if you know of what line-up it will be consisted?
Enforcer

Post by Enforcer »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
Yes i have read it in the Gotham City website.Is it sure Enforcer?And if you know of what line-up it will be consisted?
Do Gotham City have a website? check out this link: http://www.feedback.st/riu-index.htm for information (in swedish unfortunatly). I have discussed the line-up with some friends but I have no clue. Id say the most likely lineup would be with anders on vocals.. but you never know. anyone else who knows?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

There was a discussion on this on the Sweden Rock Festival board. Anders will most likely be doing the vocals since noone knows what happened to Ola after he was fired from the band. At least 2 more original members should be in the line-up (forgot the names).

When we get closer to the date in question I will try and scrape together as much info as possible about the gig, like how long the set will be, if it will be a "real" GC set or 50%+ covers (sounds familiar?), how large the venue will be, if you can pre-order tickets etc..
Last edited by DaN on Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Enforcer wrote:

Do Gotham City have a website?
Yes Gotham City's website is this http://www.ruthlessmetal.nl/gothamcity/ :)
Enforcer

Post by Enforcer »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
Yes Gotham City's website is this http://www.ruthlessmetal.nl/gothamcity/ :)
ah, the fanpage Jim (Ruthless) did!

And Dan, I have actually spoken to the organizer of this festival. Rock i Umeå is a festival where several old umeå-based acts reunite for a night (hah) and perform some old tunes. there will not be a large venue, since they probably don't have a clue about this new Gotham City-hype that is. no pre-order tickets. I would be surprised if they not use the line-up from 'the unknown'. guitarist Mårten Edlund is as you all might know the heart in the band and i would not think that they would play without him!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

It seems interesting !!
Have you some informations about the date and the other bands on the bill ??

Sweden is far from here, if the bill is good, it worths the travel !!
Enforcer

Post by Enforcer »

omen of hate wrote:It seems interesting !!
Have you some informations about the date and the other bands on the bill ??

Sweden is far from here, if the bill is good, it worths the travel !!
as I said, the festival is only for old bands from umeå. so there will probably not be any more heavy metal acts. the date is 1-2 june 2007.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Enforcer wrote: as I said, the festival is only for old bands from umeå. so there will probably not be any more heavy metal acts. the date is 1-2 june 2007.
Too bad, it doesn't worth to travel so far just for one band, though it's a killer one !!