MORBID TALES #6 – Canadian Metal fanzine OUT NOW!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Satannick

MORBID TALES #6 – Canadian Metal fanzine OUT NOW!

Post by Satannick »

Hey Daniel and everyone here... I hope you are well! I am just here to do a bit of promo for my new fanzine, Morbid Tales.

Dan - I don't know if you remember me, but I met you at the Cloven Hoof/Elixir gig in London last year. You had given me a The Corroseum card, and I kept it all this time... I was just way too busy working on this monster than to go online in forums! Hahaha

Anyway, here is my zine!! :

MORBID TALES #6 is a regressive full-size fanzine featuring in-depth interviews with VOÏVOD, METALIAN, DARKTHRONE, PORTRAIT, MASTER’S HAMMER, PAGAN ALTAR, FAUSTCOVEN, SOOTHSAYER, MORNE, INEPSY, LAMP OF THOTH, FLOWER TRAVELLIN' BAND, SACRED BLADE, ELIXIR, TROP FÉROSS and CAULDRON. This monster - which took two years to write - also includes live reviews, London/Prague/France/Montréal record hunting guides, 80+ album/EP/demo/fanzine reviews, an Italian horror metal report as well as an exclusive COUNTESS/BARATHRUM/SABBAT tour report from 1997, written descriptively by Orlok of COUNTESS. In addition, the ‘zine contains the bizarre Hell Bent for Cooking special; a 13-page “cookzine” featuring 24 recipes of entrées, main meals and drink mixes from UG/non-UG metal bands around the world!! 120 pro-printed pages of total metal madness!

First 150 copies ordered from me will come with a totally D.I.Y. spray-painted compilation CD-R of all the bands in the ‘zine, with an extra un-released COUNTESS song from the Spawn of Steel era.

Prices (including shipping):
**Canada post prices got slightly raised on 09/01/12... arghh!**
CANADA $6 CAD
USA $8.50 USD
INTERNATIONAL 14 USD / 10.50€ / 9.50£

Send well-concealed cash to:

Annick Giroux / Morbid Tales fanzine
Comptoir postal Frontenac
2600, rue Ontario E, Suite 135, C.P. 88551
Montréal, QC
H2K 4S9 CANADA

or Paypal (add 4.5% fee):
go_yaten(at)hotmail.com

Distributors, get in touch for wholesale prices: go_yaten(at)hotmail.com

Thanks for the support, and please spread the word to everyone!

Hellishly yours,
- Satannick

MORBID NOTE: For more information on Morbid Tales, its past issues and where it is distributed, visit www.morbidtales.ca!
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Good Job man!!!!
DaN
Administructor

Re: MORBID TALES #6 – Canadian Metal fanzine OUT NOW!

Post by DaN »

Satannick wrote:Dan - I don't know if you remember me, but I met you at the Cloven Hoof/Elixir gig in London last year. You had given me a The Corroseum card, and I kept it all this time... I was just way too busy working on this monster than to go online in forums! Hahaha
Of course I do! Cool to see you remembered to drop by 8)

Btw, didn't you show me an earlier issue of MT back then? I vaguely remember it being a rather small A5-thingie. 'effin ChrXst it's GROWN! Very impressive indeed. I just might have to make an order, hefty postage aside.
Stormspell

Re: MORBID TALES #6 – Canadian Metal fanzine OUT NOW!

Post by Stormspell »

Annick is the true mistress from hell, support her and the truly awesome Morbid Tales zine!

As an added bonus in this issue you will find a full-page ad of one of the awesomeness indy labels of today :lol:
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Hey, thanks for the replies! Yeah Dan, I did show you my back issues... haha, they were small photocopied zines that had nothing to do with this motherfucker. I worked my ass off on it, and really put all my energy (and money) into it! I am über satisfied. If you want to wait a bit, the zine will be distributed in Europe in about 4-6 weeks - so the shipping will be slightly cheaper. :)

Ik, thanks for the greetings! The ad turned out really really good.

Ok I think I should go and introduce myself now... cheers to you all!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Salut Annick, welcome here
I think I'm soon ready to buy the Bloodcum LP off ya. Might be interested in a copy of Morbid Tales on top as well
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Hey man! I still have it sitting at home, and on top of it I have a few new empty LP mailers so it'd be perfect.
Anthell

Post by Anthell »

Received my copy today, great zine! Definitely worth of the (cheap) price!
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Wow, you received the zine already? In Finland? Crazy!! Glad you like the zine. Happy reading!
Mattila

Post by Mattila »

Thanks for the swift delivery! The rag looks enticing!
to the death!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Damn, i'm gonna have to get me some money and secure myself one of these, it looks awesome!
The Forge

Post by The Forge »

It's a fuckin' monster! A gargatuan zine :shock:

Are there any European distributors already carrying this?

By the way, great work with the caligraphy in the WG Live 83.
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Hey thanks guys!

Btw, The Forge, how did you know I was the one the calligraphy for the live WFG lp? Russ told you?

Tons of people in Europe are going to distribute it:
http://www.morbidtales.ca/distributors.htm
The Forge

Post by The Forge »

Hi! Thanks for pointing out that link, will surely pick up a copy from one of them.

About the WG, I remember Russ telling that the caligraphy was from Canada, don't know if back then he mentioned your name. Either way that came to mind when you introduced yourself.

Cheers!
Francisco Serrano
msp

Post by msp »

Received yesterday, ordered last Thursday. Damn! That was fast.

Great looking zine & lots of to read.
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...