XINR, coming out soon!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormspell

XINR, coming out soon!

Post by Stormspell »

[This thread is moved from Victim Of Time/Mod.]

I'm very proud and thrilled to announce that Stormspell Records will be releasing the long lost XINR album from 1984!

15 songs, with MASSIVE booklet with band introduction, lyrics, tons of pictures!

We are shooting out for November 30th release date.

The CD is being remastered as we speak, and Alan Lathwell will be drawing the artwork very shortly.

More info to follow when available.

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Wow, I look forward to this.

How where those two members killed?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Motorcycle accident. They were riding Shaun's bike and colided with a car...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Cool, i'm pretty sure the material will be better than the pacific metal track
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
steelegacy

Post by steelegacy »

Fantstic news!!!!!ITs one of my favourite band from the compilation,i like thm so much!!!!i had tried to track the band down in the past with no sucess,im glad you found them and release them,the tracks must be great .Are those songs in the same type of the song in the compilation?
thank you so much Stormspell for this offer,i was really expecting for someone to track them down and release them
ChildOfTheDamned

Post by ChildOfTheDamned »

Shit on my pants!!! Well done,Stormspell!!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

A dream come true. Great work, Iordan!

I've gotta ask: is that gravestone, with the XINR logo and all the real deal or some composit photoshop thing?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

DaN, it is a real picture taken by Tony's brother.

Shaun and Tony's families burried them together and the grave marker with the engraved logo is very real, located in the Portland's cemetery.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Awesome news! I'll take 200 copies... 8)
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

steelegacy wrote:Are those songs in the same type of the song in the compilation?
The whole album is very NWOBHM insipred crunchy proto-metal in the vein of early Judas Priest, Hell, Pagan Altar even. The 70s influences are very apparent, with totaly wild and expressive vocals.

Production is very raw, which in a sense enhances the mood and feeling of the album. The key point is, XINR (pronounced "ex-sinner") wasnt a Christian band. From what I understood, their philosophy was that everyone is entitled to a free choice between good and evil. Almost all lyrics exploit this aspect and in general are very dark, even disturbing at places.

It is very complex and rich album, with all sorts of influences incorporated. I've listened to it 10+ times already and still keep discovering new and new things with every listen.
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

stormspell wrote:
steelegacy wrote:Are those songs in the same type of the song in the compilation?
The whole album is very NWOBHM insipred crunchy proto-metal in the vein of early Judas Priest, Hell, Pagan Altar even. The 70s influences are very apparent, with totaly wild and expressive vocals.

Production is very raw, which in a sense enhances the mood and feeling of the album. The key point is, XINR (pronounced "ex-sinner") wasnt a Christian band. From what I understood, their philosophy was that everyone is entitled to a free choice between good and evil. Almost all lyrics exploit this aspect and in general are very dark, even disturbing at places.

It is very complex and rich album, with all sorts of influences incorporated. I've listened to it 10+ times already and still keep discovering new and new things with every listen.
My best friend and I almost died listening to the XINR song All Hallows Eve last night. Crazy...

I will be one of the first to buy the cd. Since I recieved one of Chris's homemade cd's I sing along to every single song on the album (and some live/misc unreleased stuff). PHENOMENAL band in every aspect. The gravestone you posted is truly awe-inspiring, thank you for that and for putting Shaun and Tony's life work out there for all to hear! Thats why I dug so far into XINR in the first place.

Cheers.

- Kenny Jockel
Keir

Post by Keir »

I will definitely buy this. Thank you!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Brilliant. I'll definitely buy this.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
DMR

Post by DMR »

What's the album title? Or will it be self-titled?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

great_knuthulhu wrote:Brilliant. I'll definitely buy this.
same here
Long Live The Loud !!!