KAT "Noce Szatana/Ostani Tabor" 10" Out

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
NWN PROD

KAT "Noce Szatana/Ostani Tabor" 10" Out

Post by NWN PROD »

KAT “Noce Szatana / Ostani Tabor” 10″
ANTI-GOTH 103

Click here to see more photos.

Released in 1985, Kat’s Noce Szatana/Ostatni Tabor 7″ has, for many years, been excruciatingly difficult to find. Due to its obscurity, it has often been overshadowed by their monumental “Metal and Hell” LP released the following year; however, the tracks on the 7″ are every bit as essential as the thrashier album material. Stylistically, the songs on “Noce Szatana” are more straightforward heavy metal though they are not at all lacking in the sinister sound that characterizes the album material. It is clear from listening to these tracks that Kat were moving toward a more extreme style, but here the focus is placed on hooks and melody. The song “Noce Szatana” was, in fact, later re-recorded for Metal and Hell. A comparison of the two versions demonstrates that the nature of Kat’s music that makes them so undeniably brilliant lies not as much in the raw, evil sound that they explored, but rather in the perfection of the songwriting. The heavy metal sensibility of their songs, which is more apparent on the original version of “Noce Szatana” as well as the B-side, “Ostatni Tabor”, is the driving force behind the power of their earliest recordings. In fact, it could be convincingly argued that these two tracks are superior to “Metal and Hell.” Regardless of such a comparison, the “Noce Szatana” EP stands on its on as some of the finest and most perfectly constructed heavy metal from that time period. Some 24 years after their initial release, NWN! has made these tracks available once again in superior form. Mastered to 10” from the original audio source at 45 rpm for a higher volume and fuller sound, this vital release truly does justice to the importance of this formative work by the legendary masters of the Polish underground, Kat.

Die Hard version with patch and sticker will become available in a week or two. I’m still waiting for the stickers to arrive here.
NUCLEAR WAR NOW! PROD.
Home page: http://nwnprod.com/
Store: http://nwnprod.com/catalog/
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Is it possible to reserve a die hard for a while?
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
ION BRITTON

Re: KAT "Noce Szatana/Ostani Tabor" 10" Out

Post by ION BRITTON »

NWN PROD wrote:In fact, it could be convincingly argued that these two tracks are superior to “Metal and Hell.”
They are not superior, but they slay.

I'm afraid that i'll have to place my order in September though, i just hope the die-hard version won't be sold out very soon.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Nightlock

Re: KAT "Noce Szatana/Ostani Tabor" 10" Out

Post by Nightlock »

ION BRITTON wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:In fact, it could be convincingly argued that these two tracks are superior to “Metal and Hell.”
They are not superior, but they slay.

I'm afraid that i'll have to place my order in September though, i just hope the die-hard version won't be sold out very soon.
Ostatni Tabor IS their best song ever period. :D
"On your knees
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

You mean SECOND best after Diabelski Dom - cz.1 :P
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

A pity NWN didn't use the original 7"EP cover.
Fun records
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Metalipeiklo wrote:A pity NWN didn't use the original 7"EP cover.
A pun? Or am I missing something here? :shock:
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Yeah I've never seen it with a cover (Unless factory sleeve counts :P) I think he's just teasing but who really knows :o ?
"On your knees
NWN PROD

Post by NWN PROD »

I have three copies of the origial 7" and they all have the generic sleeve. No picture sleeve at all.
NUCLEAR WAR NOW! PROD.
Home page: http://nwnprod.com/
Store: http://nwnprod.com/catalog/
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

DaN wrote:
Metalipeiklo wrote:A pity NWN didn't use the original 7"EP cover.
A pun? Or am I missing something here? :shock:
Sorry guys, just a joke. I would have found it very humouristic if the re-press had that same generic sleeve that NWN PROD was referring to (which just says "tonpress").
Fun records
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

:lol: That would be awesome. To actually go out of your way to print up flimsy, yellowed Tonpress generic sleeves, but in the 10" format. Now THAT'S Die-Hard!