Metal Merchants, Norway - 30-31.jan. 2009

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
leifkr

Metal Merchants, Norway - 30-31.jan. 2009

Post by leifkr »

Just some info to let you know about a brand new, heavy metal/thrash festival in Oslo, Norway. Expect more Norwegian and international bands!

METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL 2009

It is time to honour the nearly forgotten, the soon rising, and the always underground kinds in the metal world. Therefore we are very happy to present to you the three first bands for next years festival, which is held at KANONHALLEN, Oslo, january 30-31 2009. Any questions can ble sent to this email.

As for tickets, they will be available asap after the summer holidays. Still, tickets can be pre-ordered at mail@metalmerchantsfestival.com , but there will be a NOK 10 fee for postal coverage using mail. Tickets for picking up, will be at the brilliant SOUND OF NOISE shop in Oslo from a later decided date. The prizes will be NOK 250 pr. day/NOK 400 for the whole weekend (approx 31/50 EUROS).

Merchs, stands, and of course BEER will be represented at the festival. The venue will be open in good time before the concerts starts, for all you shoppers out there.

There will be a fine mix of old and new, small and big names, and much something for everyones liking. Therefore we wait no longer, but give you the three first names for METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL 2009.

ENFORCER (SWE)

The most eager of concert audience have already taken ENFORCER to their hearts. This Swedish speed metal band has taken a new generation of Exciter-fans off their feet, and we promise you that "Mistress From Hell" and other heavy metal anthems from ENFORCER will not be soon forgotten.

TRIVIAL ACT (NOR)

I know there are people out there getting goosebumps reading that name on a live billing. Sound sleeper TRIVIAL ACT, doers of Norwegian prog metal classic and critically acclaimed "Mindscape" didn't hesitate long before accepting our invite to MMF. Neither did we, when the prog metal pioneers accepted!

ARTILLERY (DEN)

Oh yeah. For the first time since the early 90's, danish dynamite and thrash veterans ARTILLERY will come to Norway. And they will play. Fast. Hard. And they will win!

So people, mark january 30-31 in your schedule, and get ready to party the old school way!!!

Best regards,

METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL

E-mail: info@metalmerchantsfestival.com
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

Mekong Delta and Vendetta (Ger) confirmed as well.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

No interest so far :cry: Seems the bands aren't good enough - let's try again later.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Enforcer kick ass!I'm a succer for that kind of old school dirt metal and Enforcer mean bussiness!
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

Warning and Hallow's Eve confirmed. We all know that the former will deliver, hopefully HE are better now than at KIT some years ago!
mordred

Post by mordred »

Roster is starting to look cool now. Hallow's Eve have their original singer back now, which they hadn't when they played KIT, right?

Move the whole shabang to Trondheim and I'm there! :D
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

mordred wrote:Roster is starting to look cool now. Hallow's Eve have their original singer back now, which they hadn't when they played KIT, right?

Move the whole shabang to Trondheim and I'm there! :D
Yeah, the singer is back in the band by now. Well, it isn't that far from Oslo to Trondheim :wink:
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

Hi again, friends!

A couple of updates for the METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL.

First of all, we're proud to announce classic Norwegian stoner doom band VALHALL to the billing, for the first time live on stage (or alive at all) in years. A big treat for us personally, as we go a long way back with the band, and we feel it's our duty to help you all hear the great VALHALL.

Besides that, the new and refreshed homepage www.metalmerchantsfestival.com is now up and running with the help of KB at www.multipleks.no , and ticket sales will start next weekend, on september the 29th. Tickets will be available through the webpage and the record stores SOUND OF NOISE and NESEBLOD RECORDS in Oslo.

So, with only 2 more bands remaining, this is the lineup so far:

HALLOWS EVE (US)

ARTILLERY (DK)

MEKONG DELTA (GER)

VENDETTA (GER)

WARNING (UK)

VALHALL (NOR)

TRIVIAL ACT (NOR)

ENFORCER (SWE)

DJ's: Geir Fosby's all MAUSOLEUM RECORDS extravaganza, Götz Kühnemunds international true metal recordspinning circus and Gylve Fenriz Nagells "just visiting the civilization since I'm always camping" special!

We hope you all agree with us that this is turning out to be one hell of a lineup, and are looking forward to seeing as many as possible of you in Oslo january 30-31st.

Best regards

Sigurd Swordmaster, Ronny Rampage and Stian Skywalker

of METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

leifkr wrote:all MAUSOLEUM RECORDS extravaganza
Could be worth the trip alone!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

DaN wrote:
leifkr wrote:all MAUSOLEUM RECORDS extravaganza
Could be worth the trip alone!
Well, let me know if you're going. I'll put people up with a place to sleep if they don't mind staying 90kms outside of Oslo and taking the bus in both days.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
PsychoDad

Post by PsychoDad »

I think maybe this is the best festival happening that weekend within 30 mins walking distance from where I live so I'll probably be there.
nabel

Post by nabel »

Nice line-up but Norway is just too expensive for me now... And Beehler&Hirax&Enforcer will play in Helsinki same weekend (sunday) so it's not a hard choice.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

nabel wrote:And Beehler&Hirax&Enforcer will play in Helsinki same weekend (sunday) so it's not a hard choice.
Oh really? Haven't heard about this. Great! I've wanted to see Enforcer live for some time.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

nabel wrote:Nice line-up but Norway is just too expensive for me now... And Beehler&Hirax&Enforcer will play in Helsinki same weekend (sunday) so it's not a hard choice.
Maybe one or two of those bands will show up in Oslo as well :wink:
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

Hi again, friends and metalheads!

Ticket sales for the festival is up and running, and it could be the time to order YOUR tickets for januarys METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL now. Just drop us a mail at mail@metalmerchantsfestival.com , and we'll sand you the payment details.

In addition to the last DJ, Norway and Scream Magazine's own true metal guru, Leif Kringen, we've got a real treat for the real headbangers amongst you. From Canada we've got four blokes by the names of Dan, Al, Sean and Scott. The two first mentioned of course original members of legendary EXCITER, but more important now, they're one half of maniacal thrashers BEEHLER, who have decided to pay us all a visit in january. We've got a hunch that the set list won't entirely be consisting of BEEHLER demo material, so if You're a HEAVY METAL MANIAC, You know just what to do! This leaves us with the following billing so far, but still with one more band to come;

HALLOWS EVE
ARTILLERY
BEEHLER
MEKONG DELTA
WARNING
VENDETTA
VALHALL
TRIVIAL ACT
ENFORCER

DJ crew: Geir Fosby (High Voltage Radio Show), Götz Kühnemund (Rock Hard Magazine), Fenriz (Darkthrone and Tyrant Syndicate) and Leif Kringen (Scream Magazine).

The place is still Kanonhallen in Oslo, and the dates are january 30th and 31st.

The last band as well as billing order will be out in short time, so stay tuned to METAL!

Please visit us at
www.metalmerchantsfestival.com
www.myspace.com/metalmerchantsfestival

Pounding metal regards,
Sigurd, Ronny and Stian

Metal Merchants Festival