Helvetets Port

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
voidghast

Helvetets Port

Post by voidghast »

[Let's bump this instead of making a new one./Admnstrctr]

Does anyone know if this band plans on releasing a full length? Their website has been down for awhile and the myspace lists 10 new songs they have been working on..but gives me no indication if they will release them. I have had "Swing the Studded Mace" stuck in my head many times and then found myself pondering a possible full length album. Any news on this killer band would be appreciated! Thanks.
St. Erben

Post by St. Erben »

It's been more than a year since their debut album was recorded. And they are still waiting for the studio owner (Olof/Enforcer) to get his ass out of the wagon and finish the mix.
Frustrating, because I have an early rough mix and it's so damn good. Even though there were vocals and other stuff missing, I couldn't stop listen to it. It's even better than the 7".
What happened really, Olof? ;)
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Good band, would love to hear more from them.
mordred

Post by mordred »

I really hope that the album "Exodus to Hell" will be released. I have finished/nearly finished mixes of 8 of the 10 album tracks, and believe me, it sounds amazing. Songs like Diamond Claw, Huvudlös Gestalt, Helvetets Port, Shogun, Killers in the Sand etc blows away the 7" in my opinion.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
voidghast

Post by voidghast »

Thanks for the info guys! I am glad that there is something to hope for haha. From what both of you say it should be awesome. I will be patient and listen to the myspace tunes/the 7" for now.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Most here should know that their debut LP "Exodus To Hell" has been out for a few weeks now, so let's discuss, dissect and worship this magnificent album to the best of our abilities!

...after we've done the same with their eyepoppin' gem of a promo video for Lightning Rod Avenger. A true work of art!
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

That is one of the best videos I've ever seen!
Bane

Post by Bane »

Yep, I've watched the video at least half a dozen times. It's amazing! I've been in total fascination with this band since their 7".
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Bane wrote:Yep, I've watched the video at least half a dozen times. It's amazing! I've been in total fascination with this band since their 7".
AGREED! i regret not getting their Lp back at Kit, the shirt looked cool too :x
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Cool video definately, average music for me I'm afraid. I find HP to be okay but it doesn't kick me in the butt at all. Something is missing for me sadly. I love their outfit and gimmicks and the LP cover is absolutely fantastic. It's sad I can't get into it so much.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Desolator

Post by Desolator »

Love 'em.
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

The image is classic and I thought their 7" was a killer, but the album is a massive let down. Really boring with a lack of hooks and poorly contructed songs. However, I really want to like it, so I will give it more spins and maybe it will grow on me.
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

I'm not sure what to think of this band. Admittedly all I've heard is the "Lightning Rod Avenger" video and the "Metal Strike" 7" and demo, but the songs just seem to be pretty weak, and the image is far too gimmicky. I've heard that they don't intend it to be a tongue-in-cheek thing, but every time I see them, it totally looks like they're some ironic hipsters poking fun at metal. It just seems a little too self-aware to be authentic, you know? I understand that they might want to channel the nostalgia of 1983 or whatever, but it just seems way too forced, and the songs that I've heard so far don't seem to back up the image at all. Is the LP any better?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Is that a Commodore C=64 poster in the bus, wow!
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

Does anyone knows why LIGHTNING ROD AVENGER didn't make it into the album?, is it going to be released in another Single/EP/LP soon???

I've just listened the MySpace songs plus the video, and is really amazing, the LP songs sounds way better than the 7" ones. Hope to get the LP soon...