Sabbat 2008 Euro tour...

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
anthares

Post by anthares »

DaN wrote: Don't suppose there's any Helsinkians who could put up 2 polite, orderly and IN ABSOLUTELY NO WAY homocidal Svenskjävlar for saturday night?
Maybe I can help, have to ask the wife.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

False alarm. When all in our party finally decided to go the cheapo ferry-tickets were sold out and there's no alternatives even remotely fitting out shoestring budget. Vitto! :evil:
anthares

Post by anthares »

DaN wrote:False alarm. When all in our party finally decided to go the cheapo ferry-tickets were sold out and there's no alternatives even remotely fitting out shoestring budget.
Too bad!
DaN wrote:Vitto! :evil:
Krhm! Its Vittu!
nabel

Post by nabel »

Too bad because there would have also been prelistening session of new URIAH HEEP album + UH trivia in Helsinki. :lol: (I'll have serious predrinking session in a park.)

Not to forget Graham Bonnet + Joe Lynn Turner performing "Back To Rainbow" show the next day (I'm so there thanks to free ticket).
anthares

Post by anthares »

nabel wrote:Too bad because there would have also been prelistening session of new URIAH HEEP album + UH trivia in Helsinki. :lol: (I'll have serious predrinking session in a park.)

Not to forget Graham Bonnet + Joe Lynn Turner performing "Back To Rainbow" show the next day (I'm so there thanks to free ticket).
I think I am at the same festival in saturday before Sabbat. BUt then again Bonnet/TUrner is in sunday. Limited free tickets. I am preplexed!
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Well fuck me if the gig wansn't great! I also bought Evoke LP, The Dwelling LP, Gezonslaught - Sabbatical Magicut Hairmageddon EP and Disembody CD. Daaaamn Gotta get some sleep now.

RUN RUN TO MION'S HILL - ALL WITCHES WHO WEAR BLACK CLOTHES!
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
nabel

Post by nabel »

Best gig in ages! Brothers Of Demons blew my head off. Pure excellency, I just hope I don't have to wait for six years again to see them...
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

nabel wrote:I just hope I don't have to wait for six years again to see them...
Same here.

Yes SABBAT were fantastic! The moment they started to play Mion's Hill must've been one of my best gig-experiences. Is it just me or did you get the feeling that some guys wanted to hear Metalucifer songs only.. Judging by the shouted requests :evil: Though I thought it was cool when they played Heavy Metal Hunter!

Oh and no worries about the new guitarist. He was fucking great and handled his part up there very well imo.

HAIL GEZOLUCIFER AND HIS LEATHER G-STRINGS WITH A CROSS UPSIDE DOWN!

And here's a cool pic of Ishidamian and Gezol

"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
vansinne

Post by vansinne »

The Erlking wrote:Is it just me or did you get the feeling that some guys wanted to hear Metalucifer songs only.. Judging by the shouted requests :evil:
Yeah, that was rather lame. It was also lame that they only had XL copies left of that special tour shirt, I doubt I'll ever fit into it. :cry:
I don't have any complaints about Sabbat's performance though, simply flawless.
nabel

Post by nabel »

Lamest thing was that few of my friends got thrown out and one fellow did not even get in. And one was not allowed to enter bar whole evening. :D

I did not even notice any shirts, hah. Would not have money to buy one anyway.

Heavy Metal Hunter had special lyrics to celebrate finnish metal.
vansinne

Post by vansinne »

It was apparently limited to 40 copies. Front has the same bloody countess that was on the flyers, back is the first EP cover and the Finnish tour dates.

Anyone up to patching together the setlist? My memory is rather hazy, especially when it comes to the track order. I know I'm forgetting a couple of songs as well...

Black Fire
Charisma
Evil Nations
Evoke the Evil
Brothers of Demons
Satan Bless You
In League With Devils
Bowray Samurai
Mion's Hill
---
Darkness and Evil
Heavy Metal Hunter
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

nabel wrote:Heavy Metal Hunter had special lyrics to celebrate finnish metal.
The only thing I managed to hear was the chorus though :( Would've been hard to not hear it since I shouted it myself as the guy who sang during that song pointed straight at me with the mic several times in chorus parts. :D
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

vansinne wrote:It was apparently limited to 40 copies. Front has the same bloody countess that was on the flyers, back is the first EP cover and the Finnish tour dates.
Fuck sounds like a cool shirt. I missed all of them as I got in near 22.00 or something.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

nabel wrote:Lamest thing was that few of my friends got thrown out and one fellow did not even get in. And one was not allowed to enter bar whole evening.
And why would that be?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
nabel

Post by nabel »

People just too drunk and loudmouthed towards bouncers, nothing special.