Necros Christos

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
tomas

Necros Christos

Post by tomas »

anyone else into this band?
I love the mixture of old Incantation and early Immolation. Very good dark death metal!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

I've only heard 'triune impurity rites' and it was pretty damn cool, which is saying something b/c I'm not a huge death metal fan. NC are great at creating a dark atmosphere with an evil, creepy sound.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I heard that same album and it bored me to tears, and I'm a Death Metal fan. Maybe is Death Metal for non-Death Metallers.
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

demos are great
curse of the necromantical sabbath is great
split with loss is great
split with teitanblood is great
triune impurity rites is great

i imagine their other releases are also...great.
stepping on toes since 1978
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

Yeah the latest album is amazing. They really capture the darkness of ASPHYX and the mysticism of MORTUARY DRAPE, great stuff. The album can feel to long at times though but still, more Death Metal like this.

Have anyone heard Drowned here ?? Its another German Death Metal band in the vein of NC, including two NC members too.
vansinne

Post by vansinne »

decibelrebel wrote:demos are great
curse of the necromantical sabbath is great
split with loss is great
split with teitanblood is great
triune impurity rites is great

i imagine their other releases are also...great.
Grave Damnation is also great. :)

Triune Impurity Rites was my favourite album from last year. Incredibly ritualistic and nasty stuff. There's an unintentionally hilarious review at Metal Archives comparing it to Hacride(?) and Solitude Aeturnus(!).
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

DoomofDenim wrote:Have anyone heard Drowned here ?? Its another German Death Metal band in the vein of NC, including two NC members too.
hheeaavvyy stuff, total killer - viscera terrae is definitely one of my favourite death metal releases of recent times.
vansinne wrote:Grave Damnation is also great
ahh yes true, i usually refer to that one as a demo but i guess its more commonly recognised as a mcd.
stepping on toes since 1978
humus

Post by humus »

DoomofDenim wrote:Have anyone heard Drowned here ?? Its another German Death Metal band in the vein of NC, including two NC members too.
I have their Conquering the azure demo but I think they play differently now. I'll be buying their MLP when I have money again.
I haven't heard the full lenght of Necros christos but their demo stuff was very good. Dark atmosphere and heavy riffs.
I heard that same album and it bored me to tears, and I'm a Death Metal fan. Maybe is Death Metal for non-Death Metallers.
People call Dying fetus death metal and they call Necros christos death metal, yet the music is entirely different. Maybe you're more into that new brutal stuff but most people on this board aren't I guess.
IronBloodBlasphemy

Post by IronBloodBlasphemy »

to me they are the successors of early Treblinka/Tiamat
superb music,well-thought out.......
Last edited by IronBloodBlasphemy on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

"Grave Desecration" was great, but "Triune..." did make me yawn from time to time. Still, I wish more bands would do death metal in this style than the hyper-technical blasting stuff that seems to prevail. Death metal should be twisted and morbid, not clean and polished!
metalmartyrdoom

Post by metalmartyrdoom »

xr2m wrote:Still, I wish more bands would do death metal in this style than the hyper-technical blasting stuff that seems to prevail. Death metal should be twisted and morbid, not clean and polished!
Then CIANIDE would be right up your alley Seth. Total oldschool death destruction.... Same band, and same sound sicne the beginning.

http://www.cianide-metal.com/downloads.php
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

Cianide rule, very underrated.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

humus wrote:
I have their Conquering the azure demo but I think they play differently now. I'll be buying their MLP when I have money again.
I haven't heard the full lenght of Necros christos but their demo stuff was very good. Dark atmosphere and heavy riffs.
People call Dying fetus death metal and they call Necros christos death metal, yet the music is entirely different. Maybe you're more into that new brutal stuff but most people on this board aren't I guess.
Not at all. I'm a fan of bands like Master, Repulsion, Autopsy, Impetigo, Massacre, Slaughter, Hellhammer/Celtic Frost, Pungent Stench, etc.
I absolutely HATE that "brutal" thing going on now (the only "brutal" bands I like are Mortician and early Suffocation).
I also like bands that mix Death and Doom like the already mentioned Autopsy and Cianide, Asphyx, etc. But I found NC to be too boring and even pretentious. If they would've made a shorter album, without all those pointless interludes maybe I could've like it, but after 40 minutes of listening that kind of stuff I was absolutely bored and paying attention to anything else but the music.