HELLHAMMER - 'DEMON ENTRAILS'

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
tomas

HELLHAMMER - 'DEMON ENTRAILS'

Post by tomas »

How come noone is talking about this one here?
I ordered my copy from Iron Pegasus. I can't wait to hear it. It's going to be killer!!!! And I'm dying to see that 36p booklet!
peterott

Post by peterott »

Ordered mine from grau here in Germany. Should be here early next week. Well, according to the Celtic Frost forum, the recordings were taken from the 2-CD Bootleg and slightly remastered. So they were NOT taken from the original tapes. That caused a lot of debates, as there is e.g. a strange thing (can be read in the CF forum, just a short summary:

Satanic Rites Pic LP 1990 -> Third Of The Storms:
the first time that an error was removed by a bootlegger. Starting from second 23 there should be a guitar riff 4 times, but it is only 3 times on the LP. This Pic LP with the black/white cover was the source for each and every Bootleg (incl. the 2-CD) and now the riff is also only 3 times present on the Demon Entrails LP.

Reason: On the original demo was a drop-out on one of the 4 repeated riffs which got even worse on the SP Records bootleg version from late 80es. The guy who bootlegged the Pic-LP in 1990 just cut the drop out away by removing one whole guitar riff.

http://www.recordfinder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482

So a guy, who hated Hellhammer for many many years and who hates bootleggers than nothing else now fells in love again with his old band and used a bootleg as source of a re-release... strange.
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

Does anywhere in the UK stock this? If you know, show yourself!
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

I'll be stocking this in the USA, which will be 1/2 price if you're paying with BRITISH POUNDS. :lol:
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Haven't decided if I wanna get this or not; I'm pretty content w/ the old boots, and $50 is $50
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I got a batch coming in too, DHL tracking says it will hit my mailbox tomorrow.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I pick one up from your store Tim, really can't wait.

According to that forum Warrior himself explains the situation. I heard the stuff already on the cd's and they sound very good to my ears. I have a "Satanic Rites" boot here somewhere which sounds very good too.

The artwork on the 3LP is the BEST art they could use, very very great, no photoshop disaster.
Long Live The Loud !!!
humus

Re: HELLHAMMER - 'DEMON ENTRAILS'

Post by humus »

tomas wrote:How come noone is talking about this one here?
I ordered my copy from Iron Pegasus. I can't wait to hear it. It's going to be killer!!!! And I'm dying to see that 36p booklet!
So I guess no place in Belgium will carry this huh? Phh, again mostrous shipping costs to be paid then...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

peterott wrote:Well, according to the Celtic Frost forum, the recordings were taken from the 2-CD Bootleg and slightly remastered. So they were NOT taken from the original tapes..
Crap news :(
I was so looking forward to finally hear these songs straight off the masters, but then again Warrior always said he burned them long ago, so I should have guessed it was a false alarm. Dunno if I pick this up now or settle for the old pic-disc boots I already have. Would like to read some comparisons in this thread once your copies turns up.

[moved to Victim Of Time]
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

I saw both the CD and LP versions at Repulsive Records yesterday. They looked beautiful, especially the CD version. And it was very cheap (CD), only 199 SEK.
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:I'll be stocking this in the USA, which will be 1/2 price if you're paying with BRITISH POUNDS. :lol:
How much do you think the postage will cost?

Thanks
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I will sit and wait to arrive next week... Acttually I'm more interested in the booklet than the songs, which I have already in some boot lps and cds. Anyway, it would be great to hera those songs in good quality
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

I don't care that much from what source the songs have been mastered (Warrior made a statement about that in the CF forum and he somehow seems to have a point there even he admittedly is a bit blurry about where they came from..) or even HOW they sound. Important here for me is that there is finally an OFFICIAL release which I can listen to - never went for the boots and didn't pay the downloaded mp3s too much attention (despite all the downloading one has to do these days when no reasonable priced originals are reachable, I still can't REALLY listen to mp3s).
My 3-vinyl copy will hopefully be here soon from amazon :oops: (stingy bastard I am, they had the best price and no shipping added)
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

BestialLust wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:I'll be stocking this in the USA, which will be 1/2 price if you're paying with BRITISH POUNDS. :lol:
How much do you think the postage will cost?

Thanks
It's around $60 (includes shipping) / 30 GBP....
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

The Sentinel wrote:I pick one up from your store Tim, really can't wait.
Thank you again! I appreciate that! I'll pack it up nice!