MORTAL SIN - Mayhemic Destruction CD 20th Ann reissue!!!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
otakon

Post by otakon »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Hellfighter wrote: the only reason the local scene is crap is because big bands have been coming out and the kids dont have money to spare.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was a good one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
haha yeah

i dont wanna see them live again, they even jump the fuck up on stage :lol:
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Hellfighter wrote:It was a complete package of shitty modern Metal. Annoying vocals, jump the fuck up sections, riffs that don't go together and dumb lyrics that wentalong the lines of "I wont be a Muslim" .
So how about "Die for Allah" by Raven, anyone? 8)

I guess you were refering to the song "Tears of Redemption". Mat of Mortal Sin actually sent me an email explaining about the meaning of the song. Here are the words that I extracted from his email:

"With the song “Tears of Redemption” the story is actually about a muslim man. It could have easily have been about a catholic, a jew, a kabbulah, a monk or even an atheist – the actual religion doesn’t matter because the main story behind it is that this man’s belief in his religion is questioned because he feels that if his whole family was killed in the war, how could there possibly be a god? It’s not a song against muslim, but simply a man trying to understand why there must be death to sustain life. The fact that the war was in Lebanon and the man in question was muslim should not detract from the real meaning of the song. I feel sad that muslims would see it this way. I guess you could only really understand this song if you have witnessed a family member or a whole family die."
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Still a crappy band... now.
Hellfighter

Post by Hellfighter »

mega_lodon wrote:
Hellfighter wrote:It was a complete package of shitty modern Metal. Annoying vocals, jump the fuck up sections, riffs that don't go together and dumb lyrics that wentalong the lines of "I wont be a Muslim" .
So how about "Die for Allah" by Raven, anyone? 8)

I guess you were refering to the song "Tears of Redemption". Mat of Mortal Sin actually sent me an email explaining about the meaning of the song. Here are the words that I extracted from his email:

"With the song “Tears of Redemption” the story is actually about a muslim man. It could have easily have been about a catholic, a jew, a kabbulah, a monk or even an atheist – the actual religion doesn’t matter because the main story behind it is that this man’s belief in his religion is questioned because he feels that if his whole family was killed in the war, how could there possibly be a god? It’s not a song against muslim, but simply a man trying to understand why there must be death to sustain life. The fact that the war was in Lebanon and the man in question was muslim should not detract from the real meaning of the song. I feel sad that muslims would see it this way. I guess you could only really understand this song if you have witnessed a family member or a whole family die."
Regardless of the meaning, the deliverence of the lyrics were very lame, almost juvenile.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

I recall listening to their 1st LP back when I had the advance tape and I never never got really into it..... it was okay but just too much like METALLICA....
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I've never actually seen a copy of the Mayhemic Destruction re-issue or for sale anywhere.

I guess my Reborn Classics Bootleg will have to do...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Officially re-issued by the band:
http://www.mortalsin.com.au/merch.html
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Korgüll wrote:Officially re-issued by the band:
Thanks dude.

I'll have a copy coming my way soon...

I'll still be keeping the Reborn Classics copy I have though for the original cover art and the Lethal Demo.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Avenger wrote:
Korgüll wrote:Officially re-issued by the band:
Thanks dude.

I'll have a copy coming my way soon...

I'll still be keeping the Reborn Classics copy I have though for the original cover art and the Lethal Demo.
Yeah, definitely worth it for the Lethal stuff!
I had the vinyl for years, remember seeing them live at the time (with Mass Confusion & Addictive supporting)... they were touted as the biggest thing since Metallica (well over here at least!)
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?