MORTAL SIN - Mayhemic Destruction CD 20th Ann reissue!!!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
mega_lodon

MORTAL SIN - Mayhemic Destruction CD 20th Ann reissue!!!

Post by mega_lodon »

'Mayhemic Destruction' is one of my all-time fave Metal albums. In case you have not aware of this - well you should by now - the band has just rereleased the 20th ann CD version of this killer album.

The band has also rereleased 'Face of Despair' CD and their new album 'An Absence of Faith' (their best effort since 'MD') has been out for quite a while now.
You can get them all on http://www.mortalsin.com.au/merch.htm

I'm having my little Mortal Sin festival in my listening room now. Listening to 'MD' brings back a lot of good memories of the old days. I still remember how the tape was passing around among us Metal kids in the past. Everyone of us was blown away by this awesome piece of Metal classic. One of my friends digged the music so much that he even claimed he witnessed ghostly images while listening to the tape, haha :lol:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

A great band. First two albums are minor thrash classics. However, An Absence Of Faith isn't better than Face Of Despair. It lacks inspiration enormously in comparison with FoD. Decent album and better than Every Dog ... and Revolution ... .
I am ... the One you warned me of
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Thanks for the update.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

FINALLY, ILL GET AN OFFICIAL COPY OF THAT PIECE OF METAL! :P
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

Noisenik wrote:were A great band
^^^^^^^^^^^^
i fixed this for you

Hmm, I don't know how Mortal Sin are viewed outside of Australia but here they are seen as a joke. Perhaps Europe is lucky in that they haven't seen the recent stage presence so its easier to appreciate them for the music...just hope they don't tour Europe or they'll shatter the illusion!

As for the music; Mayhemic Destruction is a great album but they never maintained that raw ferocity in anything they released after it which is a shame. Wouldn't of thought there was a real need to repress these as the CD & LP are not too hard to come by, perhaps it was just for self gratification...

ps: i have spare copies of mayhemic destruction & face of despair (on LP) if anyone is interested to trade...see, not too hard to come by :wink:
stepping on toes since 1978
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

well i know that recently they SUCK, they turned into big gay asses taking influences even from numetal bands right?...i just care about the two first albums
Hellfighter

Post by Hellfighter »

decibelrebel wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
i fixed this for you

Hmm, I don't know how Mortal Sin are viewed outside of Australia but here they are seen as a joke. Perhaps Europe is lucky in that they haven't seen the recent stage presence so its easier to appreciate them for the music...just hope they don't tour Europe or they'll shatter the illusion!

As for the music; Mayhemic Destruction is a great album but they never maintained that raw ferocity in anything they released after it which is a shame. Wouldn't of thought there was a real need to repress these as the CD & LP are not too hard to come by, perhaps it was just for self gratification...

ps: i have spare copies of mayhemic destruction & face of despair (on LP) if anyone is interested to trade...see, not too hard to come by :wink:
Quoted for fuckin' truth banger.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I don't think they were ever that good live either, even at their prime. Sure the first (maybe 2nd) album is great, but they never captured it live for me.

A case of too many egos in that band I think too!?!
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

Hellfighter wrote:
decibelrebel wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
i fixed this for you

Quoted for fuckin' truth banger.
This gets my seal of approval also.

First album is sexy times, the following releases are unsexy times.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

decibelrebel wrote:Hmm, I don't know how Mortal Sin are viewed outside of Australia but here they are seen as a joke. Perhaps Europe is lucky in that they haven't seen the recent stage presence so its easier to appreciate them for the music...just hope they don't tour Europe or they'll shatter the illusion!
Care to add to this?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Their new stuff isn't that good but they still put on a good show with the older material!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

decibelrebel wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
i fixed this for you

:lol:
hmm, maybe we should get them on stage together with our very own INTERCEPTOR. We would have real "METAL CIRCUS" then. But no. I've checked the tourdates: they're avoiding us in quite a circle. They would be fine for Metal Mania, I guess :)
I am ... the One you warned me of
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Well, they can't be so bad as Interceptor are :)

I saw Mortal Sin last year, and it was a killer show, so I don't really know what you're talking about? The new stuff was crappy of course, but the material from MD slayed!
Hellfighter

Post by Hellfighter »

They were on TVS last night, which is a local public television channel. They interviewed the bass player and singer and they were both talking about how cool it was to play with Soulfly and how you should support the local scene and that the only reason the local scene is crap is because big bands have been coming out and the kids dont have money to spare.

They then played a live clip and it was the most long winded piece of Metal i've ever heard. It went for about 10 minutes. It was a complete package of shitty modern Metal. Annoying vocals, jump the fuck up sections, riffs that don't go together and dumb lyrics that wentalong the lines of "I wont be a Muslim" and the icing on the cake was the blast beat section. It was strange being able to hear everything though, the few times ive seen them live they were loud to the point of everything turning to mush.

Lame.

Their new drummer used to mock 80's Metal and fellate Slipknot too. Now he plays in Mortal Sin.

I'd suggest they throw in the towel but 90% of the current braindead Metal scene wouldn't know good Metal if you fist fucked em with a Griffin album, so good luck to em.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Hellfighter wrote: the only reason the local scene is crap is because big bands have been coming out and the kids dont have money to spare.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was a good one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart