Nifelheim-Envoy Of Lucifer

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
humus

Post by humus »

tomas wrote:I think Nifelheim are good but they are definitely overrated (in my opinion)!
I have to disagree with that. At Arnhem metal meeting, the most seen t-shirts were Nifelheim shirts (eventhough those are a real bitch to find), but when they played there were 150-200 people watching them, eventhough over 1500 people attended the metal meeting. They just have a dedicated audiance, but not such a wide audiance.
You could say they are overrated by a small audiance in the sense that they idolize the band too much (eventhough I would disagree with you even at this point). But you can't say they are overrated in the sense that too many people are fan of this band based on their music, simply because they don't have that much fans.

Anyway, overrated/underrated is just a trivial thing anyway. The new album might be more accessible than the previous ones but I like it. I like it a lot. They still manage to mix thrash, black and heavy metal the way I like it. I still like Servants of darkness more because of the extra agressive touch on that one, but this new one will get many playtimes, no doubt!
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

I played the new album again and although it's good the production makes it a little "in one ear and out the other" sometimes.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

I think that Nifelheim is one of those underground extreme black metal bands that each release they have arent boring at all, they all have personality and they now what they are doing,they are not imitating any of those modern black metal shizznits...i just heard one song of the new album and i think is good,hope to see them live one day! :twisted:
Helm

Post by Helm »

I'm not a huge Nifelheim nut, but I found their newest to be their most fulfilling really.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

BestialLust wrote:Nifelheim never reminded me of the other Swedish bands mentioned here. In my opinion, they're a mixture of Treblinka, early Torr, Obscurity, and of course a certain English band no one has ever heard of.
Agree. It's definitely wrong to compare NIFELHEIM with the NWOSBM bands since NIFELHEIM (in my opinion) has always been about black METAL, not BLACK metal, if you see what I mean. On the other hand I see nothing wrong to put N alongside early DISSECTION (first two albums). Both bands have produced music that hardly will be surpassed in a long time in this godforsaken country.
Fun records
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Metalipeiklo wrote: Agree. It's definitely wrong to compare NIFELHEIM with the NWOSBM bands since NIFELHEIM (in my opinion) has always been about black METAL, not BLACK metal, if you see what I mean. On the other hand I see nothing wrong to put N alongside early DISSECTION (first two albums). Both bands have produced music that hardly will be surpassed in a long time in this godforsaken country.
You forgot Sacramentum.
The album Coming Of Chaos is perfect.It's impossible not to like it if you adore Nifelheim and Dissection.
Their last album ''Thy Black Destiny'' of 1999 is also great but not as godly as Coming Of Chaos.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
Metalipeiklo wrote: Agree. It's definitely wrong to compare NIFELHEIM with the NWOSBM bands since NIFELHEIM (in my opinion) has always been about black METAL, not BLACK metal, if you see what I mean. On the other hand I see nothing wrong to put N alongside early DISSECTION (first two albums). Both bands have produced music that hardly will be surpassed in a long time in this godforsaken country.
You forgot Sacramentum.
The album Coming Of Chaos is perfect.It's impossible not to like it if you adore Nifelheim and Dissection.
Their last album ''Thy Black Destiny'' of 1999 is also great but not as godly as Coming Of Chaos.
"Far Away From The Sun" is also great
Long Live The Loud !!!
Rob

Post by Rob »

Yeah, I have the "Coming Of Chaos" album and it kicks ass.

Back on topic.

Damn! I still haven't heard the album as I am waiting for the vinyl release, that was scheduled to be released in november and we are already in january!
Tormentor

Post by Tormentor »

Great new album. More dirty rockin' parts (which are actually very evil sounding) especially. I loved the fact that they took one stanza of the solo of from (I think?) "Phantom of the Opera" and hammered out a ripoff/tribute/alteration to close out the album. It's definately an album that will grow on you with repeated listens, and doesn't cut Servants of Darkness by any means, but comes damned close.

Still... "INTO THE MORBID BLAAAAAAAAAACK *tink tink tink, tink tink tink*"
Zuul

Post by Zuul »

Servants of Darkness is the best. If the songs from the new one were as dark as the last song then it could maybe have topped Servants. Vocals sounded different on this one compared to the others.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Productionwise this is their best so far.
Songwise... I'm inclined to agree that they've reached their plateu with this one. Up until now every album they've made have been superior to the last one. Maybe Servants has the upper hand still..? hm..

Here's a trick-question for the Die-Hard fans:
Can you spot the VERY blatant, VERY intentional salute to a certain obscure East-Euro band on the album? Name the song - spot the band - win a t-shirt (maybe..)
Rob

Post by Rob »

[quote="BestialLust"]Is the LP version of 'Envoy of Lucifer' out yet?quote]Yeahs, it's already out, since a month ago, I had to download the album in mp3 while I was waiting for the vinyl version.
Pretty good solid stuff. No one will be disapointed.
6is9
Rock Beast

Re: Nifelheim-Envoy Of Lucifer

Post by Rock Beast »

Metalipeiklo wrote:
Fucking Åmål wrote:is the 3rd CD i have heard from Nifelheim(also Nifelheim and Devil's Force)

If not what you wait for?
Hey man, you GOT to buy "Servants of Darkness"! What are you waiting for? It's maybe the best black metal album ever.
Yeah, exactly. It was kind of expected that the envoy would'nt top the magick and completeness of "sevants of darkness"
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

DaN wrote:Productionwise this is their best so far.
Songwise... I'm inclined to agree that they've reached their plateu with this one. Up until now every album they've made have been superior to the last one. Maybe Servants has the upper hand still..? hm..

Here's a trick-question for the Die-Hard fans:
Can you spot the VERY blatant, VERY intentional salute to a certain obscure East-Euro band on the album? Name the song - spot the band - win a t-shirt (maybe..)
I know its the song "Evil is Eternal" and I have been crazy trying to find out what band it is since I heard it, because I recognized it right away, the whole building of the song. The riff is kind of femilliar to the "Rocka Rolla" riff though, but I guess its some Soviet metal, MAGNIT or something. The solo in "Evil is Eternal" is also amazing, Bluesrock like TREBLINKA, heh heh.
Tormentor

Post by Tormentor »

One riff is also a dead ringer for mighty old Iron Angel (but they said they were gonna do that in Slayer already, so...).