Fuck, METAL-TREASURES is back!!!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

They've added some interesting stuff, like Typhoon for instance. I think it's still promising. Of course it will be far more 90's oriented. Are you dissatisfied with site at the moment, John?
I am ... the One you warned me of
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Noisenik wrote:They've added some interesting stuff, like Typhoon for instance. I think it's still promising. Of course it will be far more 90's oriented. Are you dissatisfied with site at the moment, John?
I see many melodic hard rock releases, stuff that i'm not really interested in. Also, imo some of the albums are wrongly described as ''US metal'' or "Power metal". Having heard few of them i must say that although they do have a metallic touch, they have many commercial elements as well, it's not the classic "US metal" sound i have in mind, a pure metal album from start to finish. I'm not dissatisfied, i simply expected it a bit more Metal.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Perhaps there simply isn't that much rare stuff out there, so even those glam/ AOR leaning bands come in for counting. I'd dare to say that Hellion did stock most of indie Metal CD's in first half of 90's, so there cannot many others out. Or there can be? :?:
Last edited by Noisenik on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Noisenik wrote:Perhaps there simply isn't that much rare stuff out there, so even those glam/ AOR leaning bands come in for counting
That might be true indeed. I don't know, it's their site after all...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I've also noticed the Charlys bias towards "melodic metal"/aorish stuff. Very much not my cup of tea, but it's still a young site in its new incarnation so I'm keeping my hopes up. And yes, it must be loads of good & unknown private CDs out there still to discover and I'm just happy someone else is doing the hard work for me since I seldom find the time to go through the 2nd hand CD bins at fairs and in record shops.
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

...whatever review will be there is great... from "AOR" till thrash I'll read...
what I'll purchase, that's my problem...

btw - that TELEPATHY CD they have listed and I have never heard about it before-
they have made me bought it and now I just can't stop spinning it on my cd player...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

®O©O wrote:btw - that TELEPATHY CD they have listed and I have never heard about it before-
they have made me bought it and now I just can't stop spinning it on my cd player...
So good? will check the page again later.
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

Noisenik wrote: So good? will check the page again later.
not much "perfect", as you would like as "tech".. but would place it on Visitör scale albums...
not complete absolute, but simple "must have" definitely..

riffing and great one for sure...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

well, I think it's worth checking out then. should be "odd enough", also ...
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

Noisenik wrote:well, I think it's worth checking out then. should be "odd enough", also ...
eh, just for "chinking" you should be quite lucky than ... you have PM my friend ..
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

®O©O wrote:
Noisenik wrote:well, I think it's worth checking out then. should be "odd enough", also ...
eh, just for "chinking" you should be quite lucky than ... you have PM my friend ..
Hehe, I can feel sth acrid in the words above. A confirmation for being one of the rarest CD's on the globe. 8)

btw, PM answered!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

The metal treasures is becoming quite interesting although i don't care about AOR or Hard Rock bands they present.
That Typhoon band seems so promising anyone has it?
Malder

Post by Malder »

Andreas wrote:Yes, but I hope they start up a vinyl section really, really fast. Old bands and CD's doesn't work for me
x2
humus

Post by humus »

Fucking Åmål wrote:That Typhoon band seems so promising anyone has it?
I bought their demo by accident some weeks ago (mixed up with the Belgian band Tyfoon). Only listened to it once and it sounded alright. But I'm not a big fan of techno-thrash so...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN,

I think you mentioned that OLD version of Metal Treasures can be found on Internet Archive. I cannot find it. Any tip?

EDIT: I found it, but there doesn't seem to be any data up. :?