New Darkthrone?

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
msp

Post by msp »

They are in my top five of most favourite bands of all time
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

@Werewolf! Wow, that's not everyday I meet someone who agrees with me on DARKTHRONE! I'm so used to the :
"their true black metal albums are the best, the new ones are just dull, bla bla bla". hahaha!!!
"Alcohol is the cause and the solution to all our problems" Homer J. Simpson

BANG YOUR FUCKING SKULL!!!
http://www.myspace.com/resistance667
'pataphysicien

Post by 'pataphysicien »

I think they're too sloppy on the new releases. there are always brilliant moments, riffs and vibes on those, but overall you can tell that they're half-efforts. I'd prefer that they put more work into one record and make that great instead of releasing three half-good ones or do shit like having 3 (or was it 4?) songs that fade out on one record.
surfacer wrote:Do you know ?

because of stupid like you. Died My old friend Jon Nödtveidt.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Nathaniel wrote:@Werewolf! Wow, that's not everyday I meet someone who agrees with me on DARKTHRONE! I'm so used to the :
"their true black metal albums are the best, the new ones are just dull, bla bla bla". hahaha!!!
Same here, haha! :D
WWW.ISRAHELLBANGER.COM

DTP002: BESTIAL DEATH (ISR) - Suicide of the Immortal OUT IN JANUARY!
St. Erben

Post by St. Erben »

Punk this, old school that... "F.O.A.D." and "Dark Thrones and Black Flags" mainly maintains Darkthrone's tradition of having a maximum of two really worthwhile songs on each release, established already in 1996 with the "Total Death" album. Will make for a great best of-CD some day.
Most of those "street" lyrics feel cheap, not the least cool and just way below the level of such a good lyric writer. Yea yea, Venom and Manilla Road are good, you've really gotten it etc.
But everyone should do what they feel like.