TYRANT-ANTHOLOGY LP NWOBHM!!!!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
steelegacy

TYRANT-ANTHOLOGY LP NWOBHM!!!!

Post by steelegacy »

Second release of STEEL LEGACY records,of British metal masters TYRANT!!!!!!!

LAST COPIES LEFT!!!!!!

The LP features the 2 songs from the legendary 7" "HOLD BACK THE LIGHTNING" ,plus all 6 tracks from the famous demo they had in 1983.Last track is an unreleased track,never before heard again,recorded live called "Lost and Lonely".This is the first time these songs see the light of day,as an official release so dont hesitate and grab your special strictly numbered copy now!!!ONLY 500 COPIES!!!!

Special prices for wholesale buyers and distributors

COMING SOON on STEEL LEGACY records two new releases of two heavy metal bands from the past...
contact us at: steel_legacy@pathfinder.gr
panos (hey,dont confuse me with the bootlegger ,panos is a very common name in greece,and i HATE bootlegs and everyones whos concerned.)
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Already picked this one up. The demo tracks are really incredible !!! Same goes for the 7" tracks. I hope more releases of this kind will see the light in the future :)
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I cannot describe how fucking brilliant this is. The demo on this anthology is becoming one of my favourites of alltime. I need more of this kind...
Long Live The Loud !!!
anthares

Post by anthares »

The Sentinel wrote:I cannot describe how fucking brilliant this is. The demo on this anthology is becoming one of my favourites of alltime. I need more of this kind...
My thoughts exactly! Just ridicilous that it didnt get properly released at the times!
Fingernails666

Post by Fingernails666 »

I HAVE LP, GOOD JOB BROTHERS!! AND A BEST NWOBHM BAND!! ..SALUTE STEELEGACY!!
steelegacy

Post by steelegacy »

thank you for the kind words about Tyrant release.It was a dream come true for me to have one of my best bands ever on our label..wish there was more recorded material but again,who knows??!!NWOBHM at its best!!!It took us one year to have that release out,so many delays and more ...
anyway,in two months,hope so, we will have our 2 new releases out.Unfortunately not british bands but KILLER US METAL from the 80"s ,from bands that didnt make it back then.I intend to have a NWOBHM release next year!!so keep your eyes open ..IRON ON IRON!!!!!
mordred

Post by mordred »

steelegacy wrote:thank you for the kind words about Tyrant release.It was a dream come true for me to have one of my best bands ever on our label..wish there was more recorded material but again,who knows??!!NWOBHM at its best!!!It took us one year to have that release out,so many delays and more ...
anyway,in two months,hope so, we will have our 2 new releases out.Unfortunately not british bands but KILLER US METAL from the 80"s ,from bands that didnt make it back then.I intend to have a NWOBHM release next year!!so keep your eyes open ..IRON ON IRON!!!!!
There is at least two more Tyrant songs recorded. I have a two track demo with tracks "Haunted Dreams" and "Mirror Image".
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
steelegacy

Post by steelegacy »

Yes,i am aware of those tracks,Danny Gwillym had taped them for me,he was in chinatown and joined tyrant for a few months.Actually its the same songs with the ones from the tyrant demo with different lyrics and in different version.i have offered tyrant to put their live set on vinyl and cd,and i am just waiting for the answer.
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

steelegacy wrote:Yes,i am aware of those tracks,Danny Gwillym had taped them for me,he was in chinatown and joined tyrant for a few months.Actually its the same songs with the ones from the tyrant demo with different lyrics and in different version.i have offered tyrant to put their live set on vinyl and cd,and i am just waiting for the answer.
That's not true. Mirror Image and Haunted Dreams aren't exactly the same songs with only different lyrics. Some riffs are the same, but not much more. I guess you can say that they are similar in the same way as Shadows of the Night (from the demo) and the single track Hold Back the Lightning. And by the way, Eyes of a Stranger exists in a different version, I believe, recorded at the same time as Haunted Dreams and Mirror Image.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Dawnwatcher wrote:
steelegacy wrote:Yes,i am aware of those tracks,Danny Gwillym had taped them for me,he was in chinatown and joined tyrant for a few months.Actually its the same songs with the ones from the tyrant demo with different lyrics and in different version.i have offered tyrant to put their live set on vinyl and cd,and i am just waiting for the answer.
That's not true. Mirror Image and Haunted Dreams aren't exactly the same songs with only different lyrics. Some riffs are the same, but not much more. I guess you can say that they are similar in the same way as Shadows of the Night (from the demo) and the single track Hold Back the Lightning. And by the way, Eyes of a Stranger exists in a different version, I believe, recorded at the same time as Haunted Dreams and Mirror Image.
Uhm, well, it is true. "Mirror Image" is the same as "Captured", only slightly more up tempo. "Haunted Dreams" is basically the same as "For You", only with a a different intro, the original chorus left out and played more up tempo.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

mordred wrote:Uhm, well, it is true. "Mirror Image" is the same as "Captured", only slightly more up tempo. "Haunted Dreams" is basically the same as "For You", only with a a different intro, the original chorus left out and played more up tempo.
Steelegacy wrote that the songs are the same as the ones on the demo with other lyrics, but I didn't agree. They aren't exactly the same, just that I wanted to say. I hadn't the titles and what's included and not included in my mind, so you did a much better post and correction. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Maybe I need to listen to the Tyrant material again, it was quite a while since. Tyrant was absolutely one of the best NWOBHM bands ever, and their first demo is one of the best recordings I've ever heard in my life. Brilliant stuff, from the beginning to the end.

Any others who think that Eyes of a Stranger was a bad choice for the b-side on the single? If they had We've Surrendered as b-side it would probably be the best single of all time. I must say that Eyes of a Stranger is the weakest Tyrant song.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I don't agree with you, Mike.. At all. Eyes of a Stranger is one helluva song. Both sides of the single is top notch stuff, and THE best single ever done. Thanks. :)
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
steelegacy

Post by steelegacy »

i am sorry for confusion but my english are not good and there may be some misundertanding on my words.Maybe i wanted to say that the tracks Mirror ,mirror e.t.c.. are based on the originals ,you cannot deny that the songs are based on the original Tyrant tracks!.anyway,all Tyrant kills!!!!and about the b"side of the single,yes its a killer one,but all tracks from the demo leave it behind!!!The demo is one of my all time favourite demos ever,if not the best!!!!
Deluge

Post by Deluge »

The best 2006 release and absolutely major quality stuff in my opinion!
I have a couple of friends here in the city where I live, who are not into collecting underground records at all, who wanted me to order a copy of the vinyl for them too just after they've listened to some TYRANT songs I have on Mp3
Heavy Metal or no Metal at all!
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I have rip of some tyrant cassette and it has two songs that are yet to be mentioned: "Forever" and "Look In Your Mirror". Any info about this one?
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance