Young Aussie Heavy Metal - Taberah

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Hellfighter

Young Aussie Heavy Metal - Taberah

Post by Hellfighter »

Check these cats out. Half of them recently turned old enough to start drinking booze. They sounds just as good, if not better live.

Good solid Heavy Metal with killer leads and well thought out riffs.

http://www.myspace.com/taberahmetal
otakon

Post by otakon »

kinda mediocre methinks, but they got skill.
Hellfighter

Post by Hellfighter »

Ahh come on fellahs! Check them out in action then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkyDeSCO6uY

These lads are just 16-18 years old! I reckon they are one of the best current active Aussie bands!
Hellfighter

Post by Hellfighter »

otakon wrote:kinda mediocre methinks, but they got skill.
Mediocre is something these lads are not haha!
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Decent lead guitarists but very average Power Metal not old school enough for my likeing.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
otakon

Post by otakon »

Hellfighter wrote:These lads are just 16-18 years old! I reckon they are one of the best current active Aussie bands!
then i suppose they are the best of the rest when it comes to current active Aussie heavy metal....... being young means they can still be steered into the right direction and stop listening to those HAMMERFALL cds though! :lol: Honestly their music is not something i would support... maybe a cheap priced gig if they ever come to Melbourne haha

oh yeah, Lord can fuck off while im at it

that aside, i've been wanting to check out Black Steel for awhile now.. liked the little that i've heard

my gay lover = H ammerfall haha the board agrees !!
Helm

Post by Helm »

Heard the first song only, didn't hear anything 'gay' about it at all. Nothing europower nothing sugary. Good showing, good guitarists, and the riffs work themselves out. Nice going, they've got a bright future being an underground heavy metal band nobody's going to have heard off besides people into that sort of thing.
Hellfighter

Post by Hellfighter »

Helm wrote:Heard the first song only, didn't hear anything 'gay' about it at all. Nothing europower nothing sugary. Good showing, good guitarists, and the riffs work themselves out. Nice going, they've got a bright future being an underground heavy metal band nobody's going to have heard off besides people into that sort of thing.
Finally!

Totally agreed mate. I can't hear any Flowery Metal influences in their tunes, despite the fact that some of them listen to that stuff. That youtube video doesn't do em any justice either. They are brilliant live. Another poster (convent guilt) has seen em live a couple of times as well and he can also attest to how great these lads are.

I just hope they get on a decent label and record an album soon.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Yeah I don't see why people are grumpy and saying this is 'gay'. Seems pretty honest HM to me (saw two more songs).

The don't need no label. Record and put it out on their own, or at the very worst a good really small indie label. There's no living to be made in HM anymore, they don't need to be tied down like that with middlemen that make a living out of them.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Finally came around to give em a listen. This is the kind of powerish Metal of the old german tradition I can't help but love. Sure, nothing too original but as Hellfighter pointed out sometimes killer leads and well thought out riffs is all you need. Looking forward to see how this develops.